The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Same with relativity. I get the theory, but I don't get why.

('Give me proof <of Einstein's works> or give me death!' - a recent, hopefully recovering contributor.)

Rully don't recall if it was Patrick Henry, Nathan Hale or Frankie & Johnny. Whereas, in consideration of 'Give me proof, or give me death'. Well. It's sort of like the chicken soup - it may not only prolong, but even improve your life (and placate your boundless enthusiasm for, if not frightening adventure for confirmation) if you check out http://einstein.periphery.cc/

Cyber-spatial surfing veterans continue to variously harpoon, net, trawl and beach a wide variety of specimen quality responses to this site and it's *author (and his retinue of - mixed review - aliases: whereas, it is said that 'Imitation is the highest form of compliment', while plagiarisation is something else again.), varying from the profane to the proud, the ridiculous to the divine.

You may or not get the theory or the why; but then again, this is Tao, and that was Zen.

And now this hopefully bouyant array of gathering debris & flotsam:

Greetings:

I’m Equus, although accompanied by an ensemble of etceteras; including Kent Benjamin Robertson (KBR) - alternately complimented, impersonated, and pernicously recreated in conflagrated effigy, imitated, accused, abused and amused, and a lot of other upper and lower browed potpourri that can be accessed via entries in GOOGLE entries, such as: ‘Gravity Is The 4th Dimension (Electricity is the 5th dimension, Magnetism is the 6th dimension. Einstein’s Presently Abandoned Unified Field Reinstated w’out mathematics. Along with the now police extinctified website 'whykbrsucks.tripod.com', which still reveals itself in a paper trail of excrement stained residuals; along with the red hot, trail-blazing authors of them... (Certainly not to exclude Brian Kirk Parquette - the legendary fellow who is best known for his amazing ability to arrive at his self appointed destination, before leaving his point of departure. (B'light is faster than sound?)

Accompanied by a rapidly rising flood of critics, curses and prodigiously profane name-calling that do indeed unarguably succeed in revealing the pits from which such reactions - and their thespian vehicles - originate.

And now, back to Molly Keyboard MacColley's continuing, self orbiting introduction:

Although I’ve penned a variety of poly-subjections, the most abbreviated and perhaps most lucid of all, is what approximately amounts to a Haiku in Japan, in India a Koan, and in Valley Crick a limerick:

Q. What did the Non-sequitur, the Prevarication and the Oxymoron unanimously agree on?

A. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three or more do.

Then there is a series of commonly heard denials that my #2 Eberhardt managed to long-hand between the occasional two ton swamp gator and regularly syncopated breakers, while on a canoeing safari in North Africa:

“There is no they. If there is a they, they aren’t doing it. If they are doing it, they aren’t doing it on purpose. If They are doing it on purpose, they’re only doing it for the money. If they’re doing it for the money, there’s nothing you can do about it. Nobody cares, and, it doesn’t make any difference. The people don’t want to know the truth. And, one more thing. I am not into denial.”

Another potentially award winnning inspiration from general observation is:

“If you can’t administrate, educate, elucidate or promulgate:

*Entertain.

(Four years of skunked ‘White Water’, culminating in a tenure of Four More Years of a front page reading nation, trading female denigrating ‘jokes’ about ‘a woman’s place under a man’s desk’. Lewinski cigars, et al... Refer. Appealing to. Maintaining and perpetuating the lower senses. Friendly Fascist behavior modification and operant conditioning - psywar - styles...)

*P.S. Go for the crotch.

P.P.S. My keyboard didn’t use to believe in conspiracy theorism, until it was surrounded by an entire cluster-flocking graduate school kamikaze squadron of them.

(Just because you think the paranoids are ‘after you’, doesn’t mean the paranoids aren’t after you...)

Moving right along: regarding previous - ‘Introduce yourself’ - comments on Administration in this sector. Those editorial edicts - however partially and tentatively known to Yours Truly, are Sayonara3 and JaKiri - who are neither idiots, dolts, nor any kind of bastard, as they have indeed called others - and/or themselves.

Whereas, until further notice, this (perhaps arguably?) distinquished keyboard is at an unusual loss for letter sequences to venture even a conjecture of who they may ‘be’... (They seem to oscillate between tyranny & blasphemy, penance & philanthropy?)

Adrift in a bevy of maternally deified Mae West flotation gear,

sincerely wishing best regards to all; thanking the innovators of this

commendably oblique approach to cyberspatial community bonding,

- Equus

Guest Darwin39

Hi all,

I am a 39 yearold from Uk and I have been studying various modules from Sociology. During my second year, a module entitled "Darwin's Intellectual Legacy" was introduced as a compulsory module. I have been hooked ever since! I hope that its okay to have a none scientific person on here and that it doesn't 'angryfie' admiral :D:)

I hope that its okay to have a none scientific person on here

Quite alright ;)

and that it doesn't 'angryfie' admiral :D:)

Heh, why would that angrify me?

I have no problems with Sociology and Sociologists, after all, some of the things we study do cross-over.

Guest Darwin39

Admiral, I was joking! Most people who are interested in science seem to find sociology amusing. :embarass:

I am very interested in Evolution and one thing that i find very intriguing is that there are very few theories which consider the evolution of the human mind. Either from a scientific or sociological point of view. Or is there?

Hi, I am pulkit. I acctualy seemed to have missed this thread the first 15 days or so that I've been part of this forum.

I am currently doing "computer science and engineering" and am in my 2nd year at that, my true love however are the basic sciences which I no longer have a chance to study (sigh !). I did a lot of science (and mathematics which I still have to do a lot) in my high school and 1st year, and am still left completely intrigued by it. I hope to keep expanding my knowledge of science as much as time would permit me to.

Just found this thread too.

Hello everyone, I'll just expound a bit on my profile. I'm currently doing a PhD in Physical Chemistry, specificly in to the formation of Self-Assembled Monolayers of thiols on gold (oo!). I have a degree in chemistry but I also studied Biochemistry and Scientific Ethics as an undergraduate. My main interest is in nanotech, but I will talk about anything really (apart from maths).

Guest sique

Hey everyone!

i'm sique, chronic forum junkie. I'm actually an 18-year-old happy-go-lucky, first year med student from sydney, australia. Likes cold days, good literature and classical guitar. Hopeless procrastinator, i'm sitting here at 12:25am, trying to find 1980s back issues of obscure middle eastern medical journals so i can finish homework for the 9am start i have today at a uni that's an hour and a half away, and i've been distracted by the allure of fellow forummers... hope to get to know some of u a bit better eh?

edit: hey! whoohooo! the pecking order's named after subatomic particles! i get to be a lepton!!~~!

Hello I'm Archon1919 and in my spare time I do independent research pertaining to new technologies while listening to great artists such as Sting, the Police, Seal, the Dave Matthews Band, Evanescence and Sense Field. Right now I'm setting up a independent research think tank for laymen and beginners so that the general public can become more scientific and technologically savvy and literate. I enjoy different types of music, gadgets, sci-fi action, historical drama and comedy movies. I also like to wrestle and just picked up kendo. And I'm into smart and beautiful women. I hope to enjoy reading each and eveyone of your theories pertaining to any subject and also hope that I will at least give some of you some things to think about. Once again thank you for your warm welcome.

Archon1919 signing out.

About me:

I'm 23 years old and got my bachelor's from UC Berkeley, with double majors in Math and Economics back in December 2002.

I currently live in San Jose, CA, where I'm doing web design work while I try to pass some Actuarial exams and become an Actuary.

I like the scientific method in general, and I believe we need people to use more empirical and deductive reasoning and a lot less emotional reasoning.

I particularly like Math, Physics and Astronomy, although all sciences interest me.

Hi my name is Dani, Im just writing up my thesis at the moment, so im finding PLENTY of time to procrastinate.

My PhD research focused on cytokines and their influence on osteoclast formation, particularyl in relation to rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases with a osteolytic component. Exciting stuff, im sure :)

And like many others, Im a forum junkie :) This is probably hmmmm the 5th or 6th forum I have joined?

Anyhow, I did a B. Sc with double majors in biochemistry and zoology, then my honours in biochemistry (used phage-display technology to look at peptides that interact with specific malarial antigens) at LaTrobe University, Melbourne, and then straight onto the Ph.D in Medicine at the University of Melbourne.

And here I am. Nice to meet you all :)

Guest sushant

hey!

my name is chari.im a pizza addict.i love all sciences .philosophy in particularr.my

role model is leonardo da vinci.biochemistry deeply interests me.

water too! remember me?

I joined about 3 or 4 months ago, and I kinda never really added to this page, so I thought i would now, on the recommendation of J'Dona!

[name and shame! nah, hope you dont mind, if you do, i can edit it...]

Right, onto me, I like all science (except for some biology!) I'm best at physics, but also like chemistry.

I am also very much into computers and electronics.

Dunno wot else to say, my email is (deleted)

And I also use that for MSN, yes yahoo can be used for MSN, feel free to contact me if you so wish...

Oh yeah, and my name is Jonathan. But I use 5614, as, dunno, it is my school username, for the school computer network, and it just kinda stuck! I use it for loads of websites! If you ever see a 5614, its probably me! say hi!...

Edited by swansont
let's make it a bit more me now, I've changed since I 1st wrote this! ... 2nd edit at user request

I'm Thales. I enjoy asking questions from a different perspective, not always a correct one <sounds like a cop out, but I am a believer that too many people accept things blindly, my father taught me in order to truely understand something it is sometimes wise to argue the negative> . I am a fundamental believer in the power of the mind and that we can all improve ourselves with intellectually stimulating conversation, something that is more than lacking in todays society. That's why I am here.

I enjoy all fields of science, but particularly physics and philosophy.

Hey everyone!

I'm Fellowes. That's not my real name of course(it came off of a computer monitor!) I am not even in high school yet! I find Biology to be the most interesting field, Marine especially! Oh uh and Doom3 Rocks! Peace..........

You make a Thread not a forum. Isn't that right Sayo. By the way Sayo, I was reading your discussion on teleportaton and your 'argument' with 5614 lol. I think that it is very interesting. I made a post there but I think I made a fool of myself.

nah its ok, you didnt make a fool of yourself, so long as you have reasoning for your answer, and you dont mind sayo pulling apart your answer, analysing it, and arguing every point you make! then it doesnt really mata, does it sayo?