The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Rosco Jones here. (Not my real name)

My interests are in the multidimensional aspects of reality, cosmology, theoretical physics and the paranormal.

Many of my viewpoints may be contrary to those of the accepted scientific community.

What if? is my favorite question.

Hey I'm Kimmy (Ad Iudicium) - neither of which are real names (obviously), I'm fifteen years old and I am from Kenya.

I joined to post a response to a thread, however the site is extremely interesting and I plan to post a few of my own questions soon. For the first time in my life I've seen a vast collection of like minded individuals. I love theoretical physics, mathematics, evolutionary biology, cosmology, philosophy and questions of reality and perceived reality (not from the view point of only physics but rather a much more multidisciplinary approach).

Edited by Ad Iudicium

Hello my name is Luke, 21 years old from Leeds UK.

I am fascinated by science and have always had a keen mind for exploring the mysteries of the universe.

My main interest is in the qualitative science of Biology and Nanotechnology. I hope to one day own my own Biotech company!

Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone,

My name is David. I am 17 and am from Maryland. I love reading, writing, and debating. My favourite areas of science are biology and astrophysics/astronomy

You're from Maryland? I'm also from Maryland haha ^_^

As for the depiction of the thread, my name is Phillip and I have recently turn eighteen (Last Wednesday). One of the best debators on Whiskey Media (Love to debate at times). My favorite areas of Science are Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, and Computer Science (Technically, pun intended).

Hi there, u can call me clubman, nice to meet you. I`m from Bulgaria and i apologize if I in the future comments/threads make some grammar mistakes in english. Also check my first thread in this forum - Sciences/ Physics/ "Does the vacuum have volume ? "

See ya ! :P

Edited by clubman

Hi!

I'm Isaac, and i'm a software developer by trade, and a beginning scientist by inclination. No formal education, because life didn't lead me down that road, but hoping to make up for it with raw unadulterated curiosity, and an absurdly voracious reading habit. I like the idea of performing actual experiments, because my working life is all virtual. My interests currently are basic electrical and biochemical - a project I am helping a friend with causes us to ask some interesting questions about the claims made by various consumer products, and devising ways to test those claims drive our quest for knowledge.

Been lurking unregistered on the forum for a bit, and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Hello, everyone! My name is Adam. Just joined because I've always been a sucker for science and never even considered joining a forum. Currently I have the following question on my mind:

A coworker of mine swears he is experiencing "paranormal activity" in his new home. I'm skeptical to say the least. However, I don't want to bludgeon him with my skepticism every time he talks with me about it. I want to be reasonably skeptical but also maintain a good scientific mindset about it. So my question is this: are there any good, reliable scientific studies into the paranormal? And if so, what were their conclusions? I did some Googling and found mostly non-scientific results and mumbo-jumbo. I'd like to get a good scientific basis on the topic so I don't feel ignorant and overzealous in my initial skepticism. Thanks for the help!

Just joined. A Mechanical Engineer by birth, switched to Control Systems, now retired.

Managed to accept electrons, protons, neutrons and even positrons, but can't get my head around bosons, leptons, Higgs fields and black holes. (comes from being Mechanical!)