The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello, I'm Sarcosuchus Imperator and I question everything, including your "science" - until you prove to my satisfaction that you know the meaning of the word.

Anybody got any dead dinos this dead croc can snack on?

So I apparently had an account here four years ago (needless to say, I had forgotten all my login info), but I completely forgot about this site until a couple days ago. I figured I'd stop by again and get my fill of CS/math/puzzles/scientific news :)

About myself: I like dancing, cartooning, and computer programming. Oh and long walks on the beach. :P

Hey I'm GammaTheGreat and I've been reading the forums for about a month now and finally got around to setting up an account. I'm studying Letters/Pre-Law at the University of Oklahoma. I obviously don't have a science background but I love the Philosophy forums and I'm looking forward to being able to start my own threads.

Hello, I'm Steve, but I've been Neckromacr on the internet for years, so I suppose why stop now.

I've been personally interested in science my whole life, but I've never really perused any particular area. My real passion is writing, especially in science fiction, so you can see the correlation. I'm getting more serious about my writing and found this forum to make sure the content is at least plausible. So you can expect to find me in Physics (especially theoretical), Biology, and Astronomy quite often.

Hi Everyone,

A little about myself. I am:

• a project manager for a construction company
  • interested in physics as a hobby
  • interested in understanding the foundations of the universe
  • read about what people say they develop and then try to apply it to what I see around me
  • far from being an expert, but I express myself with the same candor as scientists who write about their "theories"

I find it annoying that many "scientists" accept contradictions and do not modify their theories, and do not cite the shortcomings they know exist in their efforts. This is the same as what religion does.

I very much am looking forward to fitting together a better picture of physics that forms the foundations of the universe.

My current interest is in String Theory.

I find it annoying that many "scientists" accept contradictions and do not modify their theories, and do not cite the shortcomings they know exist in their efforts. This is the same as what religion does.

Care to share an example of such contradiction?

Edited by Robert Oppenheimer

Hello! My name is Emiliya and I am not a native English speaker. I hope I will enjoy your forum.

My interests are in the fields of Biology and Chemistry. I will be glad if you are interested in my topics and will readily share your ideas with me.

Hello everyone!

I am a new member. Been new to this forum, I decided to snoop around and read the posts first. After reading forums for some time I finally decided to register and become a member.

This is awesome. I say nothing more.

-cubeunit.

Hi, I joined up as 'Professor Fulcrum' earlier. Then, after I'd realised everyone here seems to know what they're talking about, I changed it to Abecedarian. I have very little in the way of knowledge to contribute, so I read...

Edited by Abecedarian

Hello Everyone. Happy early Independence Day from the USA. A holiday I believe is for everyone to enjoy because to me it stands for Independence from tyranny of any sort. The sooner we start to work together and realize we are all on the same team these days, the better off we will all be. Scientists will lead the way based on the empirical evidence of what works and what does not. It is a very exciting time. Cheers.

Hi im a graduate of Molecular biology and genetics, currently unemployed, joining up to the forum to learn and keep up to date with the field. I'm interested in almost every aspect in biology, and tend to dabble in other sciences, so you'll probably see me around a bit.

Hello, I''m Ellsfran from South Bend, Indiana. I'm retired and consider myself a thinker. I'm interested in many different subjects (especially physics, politics and economics). Science Forum looks like a great site.

Hello,

I am Cyph3r, I am new here and I hope this would be a great place to have great intellectual debates or conversations. I also believe I can learn a great deal from this site and how others view theories, research work, and just anything in general.

Well a little about myself; I am 22, years of age and I have always loved science from Astrology to Zoology, I am pursuing a Doctorate Degree in Veterinary Medical Science and want to focus my work on Virology and Pathology. I also love physics both experimental, theoretical, and quantum. Hobbies are hiking, mountain biking, surfing, paintball, building machines, learning languages (both Lingual and Programming), Photography, Music, and Rally racing.