The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi. I'm new.

hi dear

hi d

happy to talk u

Hello all

You can see my name so I'm not going to repeat it.

I am interested in all things science and technology, I'm hoping to study physics at Uni.

I am a carbon based organism and I like Stargate, Supernatural, Michael McIntyre, and Lee Mack.

And I can't eat cheese.

hi dear.... u interest nano-T i need som information pl

hii,i'm a new member..i'm 17,a high school student.

i don't speak English very well,so can i talk French admin? tongue.gif

hi >>> i don't speak English very well too...wait

Hi am Michael and am a gold, silver, copper, nickle, anodize, plater. so i work with all kinds of metal as well with acids. ive been doing this for 4 years. and i just need some help with this kind of acid its called aqua regia. if any one can help me please do so.

Hi, I'm Pete, electrical/electronic engineer, company director and a head full of theories which explain (to me at least) the mysteries of the cosmic speed limit, time dilation, the extraordinary properties of light and a link between modern physics and quantum mechanics. I am looking at our universe from outside the box and it requires a lot of imagination to follow.

On the other hand, I've had no formal training or studies on this subject so it may all be a load of c**p.

I'll start posting soon

Hi everybody, Sheldysheldon here, I am a 40 year old environmental coordinator with back ground in power, electronics, physics, building, and fabrication. I like to dabble into any subject but have high interests in alternative energy ideas. Have a BSEE in electronics engineering. My basic understanding of science is solid but always learning. Hope to be of assistance to your forum and look forward to interesting conversations with you folks.

Hello everyone. My name is Bill Withers. I am a petroleum geologist specializing in Oilsands exploration. I am also very interested in physics and chemistry and existentialism. Looking forward to trading ideas and opinions.

Hello!

My name is CaptainPanic. I've joined this forum somewhere in 2008, and I already have about 3,600 posts on this forum, and I am a moderator here.

I thought I'd just say hello (and show that other people really do read all your introductions). :)

I hope you will all participate in our existing threads, or your own threads, with questions, answers, opinions or other types of posts.

Anyway, you're all welcome to the forum.

Hi, my name is Marlon Schmitt. I like physics and mathematics, and I can do some computer programming.

I like doing calculations on calculators and computers, especially if it involves the number pi.

I like Rubik's Cube, playing ping pong and playing computer games.

I'm Matt. I like to build things. I am curious about most stuff and want to make better stuff as a result. That and entertain/educate my daughter. Most of the kitchen is filled with various scientific experiments. Some experiments include 'how to drive my wife nuts'. I am succeeding at this presently by leaving jamjars with 'stuff' inside them around the place. She MUST NOT THROW IT OUT.

Hey guys,

my name is Sandra and I am 24. I live in Berlin. Yes, the one in Germany.

I was raised as an atheist and always have been one. My whole family consists of atheists. The last person to be baptized was my uncle. He never believed in a god or anything either though.

For a while I believed in souls and a predestined life for everyone. I thought everything happened for a reason.

Thankfully recently I changed my mind on that, mainly thanks to my boyfriend who up until recently was religious and completely changed his point of view and became an atheist himself.

I've always been interested in religion and atheism and due to these recent changes I've been doing even more research.

My boyfriend lives in WI, so we are in a long distance relationship. I'll eventually move over there to begin my new life with him.

I'm a scientist and skeptic as per definition and have always enjoyed learning about new stuff, eager to extend my knowledge on anything and have always been interested in MANY things. Once I'll have moved to WI I'll study psychology and I plan on working with children though I can also see myself working with criminals (yeah, I know... wtf haha).

Anyway, if you wanna know more, ask away. :)

Edited by Sandra

Hey there, guys! My real name is Brittany, and I'm 18 years old. I'm going to be graduating from high school very shortly, and hope to start off at a community college within the next couple of years once I make my own money.

I've loved science ever since I was really little, and have always been curious and wanting more knowledge. I'm definitely not a genius - I'm not naturally amazing at math. I grew up having more artistic abilities than I did a capacity for math. However, I'm very passionate about science. For a while, I've appreciated and respected math, and am willing to go through it so that I can find myself a place in the field of chemistry some day. :)

My first interest in science evolved when I found curiosity about space phenomena as a kid. I love learning about black holes, the speed of light, and Einstein's theory of relativity and its implications about potential time travel. It's a really neat idea to try to wrap my mind around. I enjoy chemistry too and love to do little experiments at home with what little materials I have.

I am an atheist myself as well. That means in no way that I am some cynical person, though. I'm actually most of the time quite optimistic, and I value the time that I have much more than I once did.

Edited by radioactive cookie

Hello all. Just realized I should probably introduce myself here...I joined some weeks ago, and I've been on the IRC a few times already. I'm a 3rd year undergraduate student of biology, hopefully going on to be a grad student. My area of interest is cell and molecular biology.

Other than that, I'm mildly interested in computers and stuff. Anyway, hope to have a fun time here. :)

Edited by The Flaming Goldfish