The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello. ....... I am new here and my spell checker is erratic sometime. I am interested in your conversations and wish to apologies in advance for the mistakes I make. I invite you all to check-out my profile and give me appropriate comments,

zorro

.................................220px-Catseye-big.jpg

Edited by zorro

Hey, im sorta new here, ive been here for a little bit now, but havent got around to doing this yet. Im in yr 12 so i will probably do a lot of question asking and very little answering for a long time yet. Im interested in maths and physics, especially dark matter and dark energy.

Red Kelly

Hello, I'm a retired Intel engineer, enjoying a leisure filled life back in Central Texas after spending the 15 years in Washington state. I'm interested particularly in discussing naturally accumulated evolution accelerating mechanisms and possible means for transfer of genes between distant organisms.

Thanks,

Richard

I'm Eileen Schuh, a Canadian author. My novella SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT dumps an ordinary woman into the multiuniverse arena. Two lives proves too much to handle in this psychological quantum SciFi thriller that ponders the roles of choice, chance, and infinite possiblities in our mortal lives.

I am working on another novella, this time about quantum computers and artificial intelligence. I'm stumbling over the terminology and concepts behind metamaterials and nanomaterials. If anyone wants to give me a leg up it would be greatly appreciated. I've posted a question in the forums.

BTW, I also have a crime fiction novel out: THE TRAZ--completely different genre from my SciFi. This novel is all about bikers, drugs, blood, juveniles, and undercover cops.

I'm Eileen Schuh, a Canadian author. My novella SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT dumps an ordinary woman into the multiuniverse arena. Two lives proves too much to handle in this psychological quantum SciFi thriller that ponders the roles of choice, chance, and infinite possiblities in our mortal lives.

I am working on another novella, this time about quantum computers and artificial intelligence. I'm stumbling over the terminology and concepts behind metamaterials and nanomaterials. If anyone wants to give me a leg up it would be greatly appreciated. I've posted a question in the forums.

BTW, I also have a crime fiction novel out: THE TRAZ--completely different genre from my SciFi. This novel is all about bikers, drugs, blood, juveniles, and undercover cops.

I'm new here. I go by Mephox online and rarely give out my real name. I'm a science aficionado and mostly deal in speculative science but enjoy all sciences as a reader and commentator. I also love to speculate on practical uses. I'm an IT worker by trade and education, but have been a lover of all things scientific since the third grade. I like to speculate and as such, much of my posting will likely be in the speculative section. I'm also an aspiring Science Fiction writer and, rather than space opera (which I like to read), I like to write in a more hard science approach - although, of necessity some plot points are soft science - although I like to try to keep it as hard as possible.

Hey, I'm Heather; my friends call me Fox.

I'm 19 and majoring in Ecology with a minor in Cultural Anthropology. I plan on joining the Peace Corps after I graduate and going into Forestry.

Excited to be a part of the community :D

Hi I'm moon jelly and I looooove science, like seriously I could talk about dark matter and black holes for the rest of my life if I could. The only kind of science i like though is astronomy and cosmology all that earth science crap is boring. I could give two flying monkeys about granite, limestone, and volcanoes :P but anyway I.LOVE.OUTER SPACE <3

Hi, I'm DNA and as my name shows I love genetics, I actually love all types of science and love learning new things but I'm a first year student in an Iranian university and I'm studying genetic, so I'm more interested in bioligy then the rest of the sciences. I was born in the US but now I'm living in Iran but I want to come back to the US. I'm glad that I joined this forum :D and I hope I'll get to learn new things and be helpfull to the forum.

I`m interested in debating with people who are knowledgeable in science and religion. And I hope I get something out of it and enjoying at the same time the complex, mixed and unexpected reactions from the people whom I will be debating with. Whether my arguments on the subject being debated are in the pro and con side at least it`s not bitter but sweet.

Edited by rajakrsna

Hello, names Just4Hax, mainly just because I made that name up when I was about 13 and it grew on me (although I don't really hack and was more of a scriptkiddie).

My main interest is Computer Science, but I enjoy multiple sciences.

I am currently enrolled in Yorba Linda High School and taking AP Computer Science A, although I have gone past that on my teachings.

Hi My name is Mike Infinity. I am a layman inventor. I like to call the science I engage in 'philosophysics'. I believe the Wright brothers were philosophysicists, they used wisdom and applied it to physical reality.

I come to this site to reveal some of my discoveries, after reading the posts in speculations by pinned, I am enthused to see how my findings will be taken.

Being a layman poster, you all are my peers. Well either you all or a bunch of rappers and thugs are my peers and I dont think they are very interested in the 4th spatial dimension as I am. I am seeking an 'online peer review' ,if you will. Lol, since I am not qualified to even be heard by professionals I come to the online communities for a peer review. Later this week I will introduce the 4th spatial dimension graph I call the Universal Grid, and since it's the year 2012, who knows, maybe I will make history this week! :D

I will most likey make the initial presentation in Mathematics or Physics and see if it passes the scrutiny of the admin or will it be moved to the trash can. Keeping with the process of a peer review, I will post the same report to multiple science forums and a video presentation to youtube.

I understand how many of you feel about quacks, religious fanatics, psudeo-scientists, and fools who think that they can overturn the science world. I dont want to fall in any of those catagories, but if I must, I will. :D In any case I am thrilled to be here on this very active forum. It is very impressive to say the least.

Talk soon!

Edited by Mike Infinity

biggrin.gifhello my nick name is lala, but everyone calls me Olala

i am 16yr's old

and i want to some day do something big in science

i know that is a big dream

but i am told it is good to dream big

By Olala ^.^)/

Hello everyone! New here.

About me... Hmm, I love mathematics (I'm no expert though) and I'm 15 years old (I'm not an awkward nerd though, I act different than how I think. Haha) ... and I'm in high school. :)

I've been on one other science forum in the past. I hope to learn from and contribute to this forum in the time I'm here.

Yeah, this username is probably too long, and in the other forum I had an incredibly (stupidly) simple username. But it fits, I guess.

Hope to gain progress with you all. Bye :)