The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Greetings to everyone here. I look forward to meeting new friends. I am interested in anything anyone is willing to teach me. I have a great sense of humor and look forward to lots of laughs while I learn. I was looking for how to make penicillin when I found this site.

Hi Biil R here--I'm a retired Biochemist with 10 years of lipid enzyme research, 15years as a RRT(respratory therpist) Sleep Therpist, and 12years in Pathology. I'm new to the Science Forum and would like to chat with anyone that has an interest.

Hi everyone!

Not really a scientist just a simple 3D artist, but I do quite a lot of science art and illustrations.

Here's some of my work

post-63715-0-61397500-1325239755_thumb.jpg

really like these

science art and illustrations ,can you post more, can I send them to my students. thanks Bill R.

Firstly just want to say I love the theme of the website! :) and what the main forum is about! Wanted to drop by and introduce myself and say hello.

I'll bet you say that to all the pretty forums.

Hope everyone is fiendly here :)

We're VERY fiendly. >:D

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Well, thank you. I hope that my account will not be disabled and terminated because I have different views to some of the great mathematicians (Newton, Leibniz and Cauchy). This has happened in the past.

You can read a lot about me at:

http://thenewcalculus.weebly.com

and

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/John_Gabriel

Well, thank you. I hope that my account will not be disabled and terminated because I have different views to some of the great mathematicians (Newton, Leibniz and Cauchy). This has happened in the past.

Depends on how you go about presenting your ideas and how you respond to criticism.

Yes, well.

Obviously I'm new and hardly used.

not much I can say about myself. Just started studying Biology at the college level, have had a long standing love triangle with science and history since I was a kid.

I consider myself neither extraordinary nor necessarily competent in skill, though hopefully I'll reach competency in a few years.

As of the moment, and likely sometime into the future I remain a Keen Idiot.

Hi, I just started now.....actually a sort of chef fond of using chemistry my line of work thinking molecular...with my culinary effort.

Not sound far fetched....the earliest chemist in history likely started to conduct experiments in the vicinity of their kitchen where fire is always available smile.gif

I'm new, my name is John. Not really. But I'm new, I assure you. And I love sushi (Spider Roll FTW)!

Also I want to learn about physics, and aerospace engineering. Or anything to do with tons of electricity.

Is it just me or do the Smiley avatars remind anyone else of The Dudesons xD

PS I posted a thread in Engineering that should probably be in Physics so... Yeah. Bananas.

Edited by Neon Nigiri

Allen, otherwise know as Twin-tale, here and on deviant-art. My first career choice as a kid was to be a prototype designer, but I later decided I liked the tinkering and imaginative aspects of it more then the actual math and science, although I still enjoy that and respect it highly, so I decided to take up a career as an artist instead. I like to write anything from deep theological fiction, to science fiction. grew up with my two favorite authors being tied between Isaac Asimov, and C.S. Lewis, so I think you can understand from that maybe where I'm coming from. Growing up I also suffered from mental loops tied to an internal OCD, tied to Aspergers Syndrome. Basically I have "can't stop thinking because I can't find the off switch" disorder, and all the responsibility and internal strife that comes with it. So naturally when I'm not having elevated discussions with pastors, writers, philosophers, and artists, finding a natural cure for common autism, ADD, and Altimeters, perfecting my own recovery, which is going fantastically...(yeah a lot for one sentence I'm a polymath I apologize before hand) I'm studying theoretical physics, nano science, thermal-dynamics, psychokinesis in relation to studies on color theory, and anything else I can get my knowledge happy hands on. I actually joined since I saw a comment thread I had a helpful hint on and wasn't able to share.

I'm by nature a futurist, so if I but heads it's only because I care. If you tell me something about quit while I'm ahead, I'll take all your reasons into consideration, I won't just ignore you, but if your reasons prove to be irrelevant to practicality by my own means, I'm not afraid to say so. you can catch my artwork here: http://twintale.deviantart.com/ and all my books are in adjustment for the time being and won't be republished for a while, being realistic, probably not for another two years or so. As for my self cure, I'll let you all know how I function after the detox I have scheduled during the next college semester. Most people don't even notice anymore that I have the disorder: I look people in the eye, am very optimistic (annihilated my depression), got all A's and B's last semester taking five courses a day, have more friends then I can keep up with (nearly figured out and reversed my social-phobia) , sold an original painting, sold an album cover, can walk on my hands (helps beat hyperactive stress dissorder, still waiting on the detox+ other things in the works) and all of this without a single bit of medication for over four years now. I use to be a drooling, depressed, near-suicidal, easily shaken, light sensitive, unsociable, drone of a kid back in high school on medication, and afraid of the dark, but now I'm a self motivated, academician with one semester left to get an AA in art.

realism=matter, but optimism= motion. that's my philosophy on practical science and skepticism. They get along just fine.

oh I forgot to mention, I'm also a 6ft tall male humanoid with blue eyes and crooked jagged teeth who wears a paint stained lab-coat, and sometimes a tail because I make them for spare cash. I wanted one, so I made one, and others want some, so I made more. I think if I became an engineer instead I'd be doing the same. yes, the typical rule breaking mad scientist, and I don't plan on being bought off so don't try it. I'm having a friend rig lights in a tail as we speak... what's this? plans for the future using door sensors to make miniaturized prosthetic moving parts for cheap in costume rigging? shhhhh... you weren't suppose to tell anybody part of me that likes to say thoughts out-loud, and quit rambling you might annoy someone! Goodnight everyone ^^ "the lord is not malicious"

Hi... The Scientific American wasn't just enough anymore... So here I am :P

same lol. don't get feedback from a magazine anyways.

Hello there!

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm new to the website.

At the moment I am a freshman studying Chemistry with an emphasis in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.

At the current time I'm debating over practicing pharmacy, or doing pharmaceutical research...

My microbiology professor asked the class if any of us would be interested in assisting in her research on a specific protein involved in the avian flu, and I'm hoping she'll let me help her, so I can get some actual scientific research under my belt!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

hello,

I am Lahan. I am studying in 9th standard. I don't know more about science,but I want to know.

Hello, I amLahan. A high school student in Kerala. I wan't to know more about science

Thanks to all of you to add me as a friend

Hello! I'm a 14 year old student living in Wales, UK. I'm currently doing my GCSEs and have an interest for maths, chemistry and physics. I came here to find some good learning sources as I find the subjects in school simple, boring and repititive. I also build computers as a hobby. Current specs are :

Intel i7 2600k

MSi P67A-GD65

16GB Corsair Vengeance

GTX 480

500GB System drive, 1TB Storage

650w Corsair PSU

CM HAF-X

Edited by Exothermic