The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Let me start with please forgive me. I seem to shake up the trolls.

To give proof

1st you must understand Einstein's works.

It is not possible for a person to prove or disprove a theory unless you understand what is meant.

2nd you must have a basic (7th grade or above) understanding of Algebra.

Yes there are those who claim the works have nothing to do with Algebra and think Electricity is energy not the results of energy on mass. See laws of kinetic energy

I will stop here for the moment.

I was a math major in college, but taught 7th and 8th grades. Spent the last 15 years as an analyst for the largest bank in the world. I live for physics; everything in life can be explained or forecasted by math!

If you’re going to splash in the pool, make it big! www.Timecorrections.com

I'm an undergraduate freshman at a community college. I have a recently attained fascination with the studies that pop up when I do Google Scholar searches on the vocabulary from my anatomy and physiology class.

Edited by brodmannstwentysecond

Names Latex (Dave IRL). I'm 16 and studying ALL the A-Level physics courses (Yes. All of them). Seem like a great forum and I'll come here to help and be helped, and I hope this community is active. Got some serious questions needing answers right here ;)

Hi everybody,

hopefully I can improve my knowledge about the universe, the physics behind it. There are many popular books and articles dealing with that. However even good books stay on the surface, naturally, and some even suggest wrong notions to the reader.

I have got a degree in physical chemistry long time ago. Please note, that english is not my mother language.

Hope for good discussions!

Regards, guenter

Hi, I'm Mitch, AKA woppit!

i am hoping to start a degree in marine biology and oceanography next year, but i am a time served 'fix all'.

I live on a boat in the UK that i built myself. and have been into science in a big way for a long time.

as for a particular focus? Well everything interests me so, i cant really 'pick one'

cheers

M

Hi,

I'm Greenspin. Im currently going through the motions to acquiring the necessary qualifications to be excepted to do a degree in Human Bioscience, as a mature student, after realizing it is not to late! After having a quick look at some of the threads, it is apparent you are all very intelligent people, so I imagine I will be doing more reading and learning than anything else. I most actively research in the area of biology. I thought that if I joined the forum, the exposure to the wide range of subjects, and subject languages, could help with my general understanding of a wide range of topics, as apposed to things that are more relative to me, like, as I am active in strength training, human nutrition, and general physiology.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Edited by Greenspin

Hello. I'm Michael, currently studying biochemistry at Florida State University. I love Biology, chemistry, and Physics, but my main focus is Biology and genetic engineering, with respect to aging. I eventually hope to make individuals biologically immortal. But perhaps i will start here first because it sounds like fun. :D

Hi, I'm Gary, a 67 year old IT (Sun/unix) guy. Started out as an engineering tech, making the

stuff engineers designed work.

I refer to myself here as "questioning_the_theory" because I find myself questioning either

the premise, the phrasing, or the substance of many "chiseled in stone" facts.

I will try not to offend with my submissions.

--Gary

PS: I'm a lousy speller and tend to forget to spell check.

Sayonara³ user_popup.pnggir_dance.gif

admin.png

Doomy doom ♫Hello, my name's Sayonara and I'm a grumpy bastard.

No really, it's true.

=================================

Hello, Sayonara!

My name is Valentine (Russian Ivan).

Alas, I am much worse than you!

Hi. I'm new and I signed up because I have a strong in science and I am taking a human biology class this semester.

I wanted to post a question but I don't have privilages for some reason to post a new thread.

They say you can see DNA with the naked eye. Please locate me to a site with a picture of DNA. thank you.

================================================

I see Down syndrome with the naked eye, i.e., without DNA!

post-62113-0-39960300-1322731790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valentin Dolzhenko

Greetings, my name is Andrew and I'm a student at Penn State currently studying Biology. I work in the lab at a hospital Bethlehem, PA, and my ultimate goal is to become an oncologist. I'm a bit of a computer nerd too, I specialize in C++, JAVA and Visual Basic, however my passion is medicine. :)