The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi everyone, my name is Imad. I'm currently a 3rd year PhD student in psychology and happen to come across topics of interesting through google searches here so I'm looking forward to jumping into some discussions.

Hey, I'm new here. I used to practice law but some say I have now seen the light and turned to science. So, I'm a late bloomer science student at our local university. Looking forward to browsing the forum.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm also John, and I'm not new at all, though I haven't really been active very much in the course of my ~10-year membership. I could have sworn I'd posted in this thread already, but the search results indicate I haven't.

I'm a mathematics student just starting in my studies, and I enjoy learning about pretty much everything, though my levels of interest in various subjects rise and fall, with only a few maintaining a consistently high level (those being indicated in my profile---along with everything else I've posted here so far, but, no matter).

In my spare time, I like to read, look around, breathe, sleep, wake up, and make conversations awkward by interrupting discussions of things like professional sports with mention of things like probability theory.

Hello forum! You can read my username but I'll just go ahead and repeat it and say hey, I'm Lil Knowledge Seeker. I really love learning about the universe and exploring new possibilities. I like chemistry, physics, quantum physics leaves me in awe, I strive to become better at math as I'm terrible at it. (aside from binary, hexadecimal and octagonal code math, It's a bit easier somehow).

I'm 18 and I'll be asking all sort of silly questions once in a while rather than browsing Wikipedia all the time. It's nice to ask people who are knowledgeable and obtaining enlightening answers from different people, rather than reading one single wall of text, despite being very informative, yes. Also, you can't find everything on Wikipedia.

Haha John, that's funny!

I never introduced myself either. I am a home schooled high schooler who likes science, music, math, and writing. Oh, and politics and religion. :) I don't really like sports other than golf, and I enjoy the occasional chess game. One random area in which I have particularly strong beliefs is nuclear energy -- I think the world should use a whole lot more of it, and can't understand those who are against it.

Yo... I've been reading Cosmos by Carl Sagan and watching Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and i feel like even though they give me information i desire, hearing it from people on a forum would be more fullfilling, considering that many people that i talk to about this stuff (quantum physics, cosmos, etc.) are very ignorant to most of the facts. Bringing up conversations with these subjects as a topic usually fizzles out within a few minutes maximum. Anyways, i'll enjoy reading your ideas and theories, and perhaps posting some myself when i think of something interesting.

Hello every one !!!This is Vinil From INDIA

I am Science graduate in computer Science.I have a keen interest in Science and maths and always trying to solve puzzles in maths or science questions .I am glad to be here with you peole.Hope we will interact in a new way and will continue long

Well, welcome Vinil, you've introduced yourself in the wrong thread, we have a thread called the 'The official introduce yourself thread' which is pinned at the top of this forum, you seem like you want to stand aside from the crowd anyways this is not my job, nice to meet you.

Hello, Im rob, came across this forum as I was trolling the web for some useful facts to prove CO2 isn't as big and scary as everyone says.

Im only young (19) so be tender... Just started my first year of a Masters in Climate Science, I've taken my time to post on here, had a lot of work recently D:

Edited by Robp

Hey there, I'm Cipher and as of October I've been obsessed with science, specifically Astronomy, Archaeology and the hysteria surrounding certain pseudoscientific ideas. I'm considering a career in one of these (er, well, minus the pseudoscience!), much to the chagrin of my mother.

Not sure what else to add about myself, except that I'm a nerd. ;D