The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

HI guys,

im new here (obviously), i have a wide interest in many subjects, ancient cultures esoteric teachings, religion(s) and God(s), quantum physics (Wu Li), an appreciation for the world we live in and its people and conciousness, geometry......well pretty much everything if im honest.

Ive never joined a forum such as this, it has been more Sea fishing forum and extreme MTB forums, but the more ive settled down the more i find my self reading and studying. At the moment I like to read Tao and slightly different i am reading a book called the Dancing Wu Li Masters which so far has been a great read as it covers quantumn physics without the math which i would struggle with, something i will work on when i have more time.

I am very open and think outside the box and try not to ground my self in what has been taught in the past is certain truth as techings and new ideas are always evolving and i would rather be a part of this than repeating old news again and agian.

I look forward to chatting to hopefully like minded individuals and hope i can learn from you.

Kind regards

Scott

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Hi. I'm cosmic rain. Now what?

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Cosmic rain here. Just kidding. I really am a serious student who just likes to goof around, and because science is so complex, we will always be students. If we knew how to explain everything then maybe we would become the masters of our universe. Instead, we are in the subjective reality, and I don't give a hoot about observer dependent realities claim that reality is objective. The only reason that something doesn't exist unless you are looking at it is that it doesn't exist as information, unless you're looking at it. They've got everybody thinking that all physical reality disappears and reappears every time you blink. Well, gotta' go for now. Nice meeting you.

Hi, this is Lightness, engineer and physics enthusiast. I came to this forum searching the net for the word anti-space. I like good explanations on physics topics and science documentaries. I am interesd in the nature of light and void. I am also very interest in software for 3D wave movement representation.

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm cosmic rain and I just joined the forum. I will be posting on the subject of anti-space as you call it. Space is a very interesting subject these days. I've been thinking about it for some time now. The thought of closed space first occurred to me after a writing project over twenty years ago, and I still haven't got used to the idea. It's probably because we are physical entities living in a three-dimensional world that requires space. Thinking about no space is uncomfortable, but that is the price we pay for being intuitive. Modern science has finally awakened to this idea of anti-space, and scientists now believe there was no space or time before the big bang. More on that later.

Edited by cosmic rain

I'm Jarrod. I've been known to solve a rubiks cube in a mere matter of hours. So, I'm pretty sure that makes me a scientist.

Jarrod here.

Yeah, Stephen Hawking talks a lot about how its pointless to reference a time before the big bang considering time is a by-product of the bang itself. Without matter there's no potential for light resulting in a whole lot of nothing to judge distance by, so time has no meaning. Its really just a clever little method humans invented so as not to burn their toast or miss the bus to work. The universe is expanding and accelerating exponentially due to repulsive gravity which leads me to think its infinite. Infinity doesn't necessarily mean that its static. Quite the contrary. I think infinity is just a word we use to describe the outer reaches of the expanding universe. We'll just never catch up to it so it'll always appear endless. It took too long for life to evolve to ever have a fair chance of catching up with the expansion. Especially if the LHC confirms that they did in fact measure a neutrino traveling faster than light. Einstein would be pissed to know he wasted the last 40 years of his life. haha.

Hi. I'm cosmic rain. Now what?

Cosmic rain here. Just kidding. I really am a serious student who just likes to goof around, and because science is so complex, we will always be students. If we knew how to explain everything then maybe we would become the masters of our universe. Instead, we are in the subjective reality, and I don't give a hoot about observer dependent realities claim that reality is objective. The only reason that something doesn't exist unless you are looking at it is that it doesn't exist as information, unless you're looking at it. They've got everybody thinking that all physical reality disappears and reappears every time you blink. Well, gotta' go for now. Nice meeting you.

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm cosmic rain and I just joined the forum. I will be posting on the subject of anti-space as you call it. Space is a very interesting subject these days. I've been thinking about it for some time now. The thought of closed space first occurred to me after a writing project over twenty years ago, and I still haven't got used to the idea. It's probably because we are physical entities living in a three-dimensional world that requires space. Thinking about no space is uncomfortable, but that is the price we pay for being intuitive. Modern science has finally awakened to this idea of anti-space, and scientists now believe there was no space or time before the big bang. More on that later.

Hi everyone, I'm Erb.. Been out of the physics game for a long time. Used to study astrophysics but couldn't stand the classroom. Now I'm an electrician, not a normal one though, and I get to play with some pretty powerful machinery and design new parts almost everyday!! Once in a while I might pick your genius brains if that's ok, seeing how I've forgotten most of what I did 10 years ago.. Anyway....... hey hey!!!

Hi, I'm penstemo and I love science. My interests include, but are not limited to: botany, Odonata, Lepidoptera and ecology.

Hi, I'm penstemo and I love science. My interests include, but are not limited to: botany, Odonata, Lepidoptera and ecology.

Hi all. I just decided to write science forum in the Google search and got to this site. Good to see it's been highly active for a while now! Well I've always been great with maths, I like playing and programming games, I mostly made many games in MS Excel using VB code, but my recent course in natural and artificial intelligence has gotten me into science more generally and I've just starting to make my first little robot! I'm eager just to meet a bunch of friendly people on this site and just to chat about stuff. :)

Hi,

My name is Jack; I am an undergraduate Computer Science student. I was initially looking for a pure CS forum, then found this. I noticed that it has a CS section, which is all well and good, but I thought that by joining a general Science forum, I have the opportunity to learn a few other things here and there.

Anyway, enough about me.

Hiya the names Howl not Howlla XD! I'm new.....yea cuz if I wasn't why am I posting it here lol. Umm I'm interested in every realm of science for the most part, but I have to addmit I have a strong love for Scifi and if you can't stand it Sry ;).

~ Howl

Hello... ah, I'm not good at introduction sooooooooooo I guess I can start by saying my name is Kendrick J. L., I am a student at Mesa Community College here in Arizona, majoring in a Chemical Engineering degree and sooo I thought, if I'm going into a field that deals with chemistry, why not join a website that is dedicated to science/chemistry and learn about what I'm getting myself into lol soooo yeeeeaaaahhhhh :D

Oh and Radical Edward, I see you like Cowboy Bepop.... LOVE that show and especially Edward lol

sayonara: Hahahaha I love the way Gir dances in Attack of the Saucer Morons lol

Greetings, Name is Tim. I recently became interested in quantom energy

I am extremely interested in talking to others who are interested in this energy. I am not an educated man, no schooling beyond high school

but smart enough to know there is some type of unseen energy all around us.

I used to think I was a little wacky untill it become an open topic.

I guess I want to learn anything I can about it. I have a belief and a hope but these are only my opinion and I certainly have no intention of undermineing nor do I look to offend anyone.

Hope to meet lots of interesting wise people.

tim

post-60545-0-84733500-1320625765_thumb.jpg