The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I'm both a manufacturing/political enthusiast; former Automotive/mechanical QC inspector/SPC, basic electronics-certified & Electrical CAD Drafter/Designer in better mnfg times, looking to reenter the mainstream there; I'm degreed in Drafting and Design Tech and sport an intense curious interest in a wide ranging scope of anything-Science and with applications not just to that end--the mnfg & politically relevant--but reaching far beyond.

To the dude from way back beneath me, I'm not sure at all that sounded any better than having walked in saying 'Hi,' but it was certainly fun to illustrate the difference. :)

~This place looks awesome, I'm stoked. :) Was directed, I thought, from a link to my email to first peek in here, hope it's the right place...

Edited by matty

Hello, I'm a believer in what Einstein said, that "imagination is more important than knowledge," because knowledge is limited to what we think we know, while imagination can roam beyond barriers.

I have no formal education beyond grade 12, but have been an avid reader of non-fiction for most of my life.

One of my favourite quotes is 'Definition of an Expert: Someone who know so much they can't learn anything new.'

Edited by Aristarchus in Exile

Hey guys. I'm a high school student from Massachusetts. Right now, I am taking AP Chemistry and Honors Anatomy and Physiology. In the future, I'm hoping to major in biochemistry and then either work in research or medicine. Science has always been an interest of mine, and being able to study it in depth now has been great.

Hi, this is Lightness, engineer and physics enthusiast. I came to this forum searching the net for the word anti-space. I like good explanations on physics topics and science documentaries. I am interesd in the nature of light and void. I am also very interest in software for 3D wave movement representation.

Hello there, new guy here:)

I'm a young fella' currently working my way towards a Baccelor in physical chemistry (I've just started year two of three).

I go to the University of Uppsala in Sweden, and on any free time I have, I thoroughly enjoy shredding the guitar.

This forum seems great due to the combination of students, enthusiasts, pros. I think my stay here will be delightful:)

Hello, I'm Rob. I work for a pharmaceutical services company as Operations Manager. I have my undergraduate degree in Biotechnology and recently completed the coursework for my MBA. I look forward to participating in the forums!

Hey my name's Clive, I'm a geology student going to city college; won't be transferring for another good year of so. It's odd for me to have ended up studying science, as, when I was younger, I was always more interested in philosophy and literature, which I perceived as being separate from, if not in direct conflict with, science. But all of the really relevant and interesting ideas seem to be gestating, not in the stodgy shelves of comparative lit professors, but in the beakers and under the microscopes of modern researchers. Btw if anyone can advise a good book to brush up on precalc I'd appreciate the recommendation; I'm going to be taking calculus next semester and could use a refresher.