The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

I'm Bill Young. I retired from NASA Life Sciences after 36 years at JSC, Houston. I graduated from the University of Texas Electrical Engineering in August, 1961. I'm a life time radio hobbyist and radio amateur(WD5HOH). I'm interested in electricity, radio, physics and science in general.

Hi, I'm no scientist you must understand, but everything is science it seems (or the stuff I dream and would like to build). However, such things which are yet to be built are such that they come up against the laws of physics and it is that reason I am here, to find out how to circumvent those laws and make something new.

BTW the sign up process was pretty smooth, asking for a lot of help, a lot of the time, means I've born the scars of a few poly designed registration forms.

Hello!

I'm MacIver, I've been a regular over at Ratskep since its inception and thought it was about time I came across to SFN. I've lurked here before, but decided it was time to become a full member.

I'm a 25 year old male from Scotland. I've always been into science, particularly astrology and physics. But find it all fascinating.

I look forward to talking with y'all.

hi everyone!

i must say that the private message i received from an admin was very informative and friendly! it was really nice to get some information on how this site works. i can't wait to start my own blog!

a little bit about myself: i love dance, i love to read new articles about science on the internet (yay INTERNET) laugh.gif and my favorite food is swiss chocolate. hands down.

hokey, enough already. see you out there on the discussions!

Hi I'd David, I go by davidandkaze and sometimes dffrtcd here on the interwebs I'm 16 still technically in the ninth grade though only by 7 credits and should be getting out sometime in the next month or two I have an IQ of about 140 and I think thats about it.

Hey... I'm new as well...

Card Trickster... my aspiration is to rule the world with an iron fist and crush all who oppose me. I've got a knack for cards (I make trading cards on the internet) and I just love computers (and every aspect of them). My area of special interest is Psychology... it interests me the way humans think...

Besides, I must know my future subjects well if I am to be persistent in my ruling of the mortal world... and crush all forms of forming resistance before they become a significant threat... >:)

Honestly, I'm just looking for a community of smart people to share my interests with, and further educate myself on the branches of science :)

Hope this community is nice :)

Hi. My real name is Joshua Olson and I am someone who mostly looks to the future. Some really amazing things are just waiting for certain technologies to advance enough to make them possible. Science, rationality, and understanding and three things the world really needs.

Hi all!

I'm the new assistant editor at science and tech website, Ask the Experts (www.asktheexperts.org.uk)

I thought it might be handy to drop by a few forums and start building some links with you guys. I can share news and articles with you, you can share news with me, everyone is happy! Plus, it gives me a great excuse to doss around on forums all day ;)