The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hey, I'm Fogo.

I enjoy all areas of learning but I'm particularly interested in physics, mathematics,and philosophy.

I recently had a dream that I met Richard Feynman - I awoke, disappointed that I had not met him and doubly disappointed that I never will :(

But there's no need to be depressed! There are many great minds and many fine ideas to come...

See you all soon!

EDIT: Oh! I just noticed the forum ranks - they're brilliant! :D

Edited by Fogo

her,my name is van,i'm a student for gifted in chemistry in high school.i'm crazying in these subject

i like rap music and my english is not well.i hope u will help me to check that went i wrong.

thanks

Salutations all.

For those that don't know me, I occupy a very general position in average society. Currently I number amongst the working poor.

I have no scientific specialties, nor hold any degrees, although I am a relentless, if not efficient, autodidact.

I have, as of late, been attempting to discipline myself to the study of math's, as I see it as a prerequisite to the proper understanding of any science.

I'm not quite old enough for membership in the grumpy old persons club, but I ain't no spring chicken either.

I am an avid player of Disk Golf. I have a whole bag of orange disk's. That color is relatively easy to spot. I would be more than happy to discuss the sport with any other participant's.

I noticed some familiar names from another board. Hello Doc, Ophie, inow. Glad to see you guy's. I'm hoping some others might be here as well.

By the way Doc, how's the Smullyan & Fitting book on Set Theory? Do you like it?

Hi Folks,

Iam Madhusudhan , you can call me as maddy , I am Basically an Telecommunication & Electronics Engineer working for IT R&D..... My Real Interest is Physics ... i love to work on Relativity , Quantum Theory and Astrophysics...

Here to discuss about innovative things and make like minded people as friends..

Thanks & regards

Madhusudhan

nice into freind

Salutations all.

For those that don't know me, I occupy a very general position in average society. Currently I number amongst the working poor.

I have no scientific specialties, nor hold any degrees, although I am a relentless, if not efficient, autodidact.

I have, as of late, been attempting to discipline myself to the study of math's, as I see it as a prerequisite to the proper understanding of any science.

I'm not quite old enough for membership in the grumpy old persons club, but I ain't no spring chicken either.

I am an avid player of Disk Golf. I have a whole bag of orange disk's. That color is relatively easy to spot. I would be more than happy to discuss the sport with any other participant's.

I noticed some familiar names from another board. Hello Doc, Ophie, inow. Glad to see you guy's. I'm hoping some others might be here as well.

By the way Doc, how's the Smullyan & Fitting book on Set Theory? Do you like it?

Greetings all! I am 17 years old and am currently studying my A-Levels (of which the subjects are: physics, mathematics and chemistry) in the UK. Next year I shall be off to university to study some sort of astrophysics degree- hopefully the "Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology" degree at the University of Birmingham. I see some familiar "faces" on this forum from The Science Forum (where my username is x(x-y)) such as Ophi, DrRocket, iNow etc- hello to you all!

My main interest within physics is particle physics as I love learning about the very fundamentals of the universe and essentially what everything is made of. I hope to be of great contribution to this forum!

Hey all! I am a 16 year old military brat. I am a rising junior in high school. I have always had a deep love for math and science, and I hope to pursue it further on this forum. I am a volunteer in the morgue and autopsy suites in a hospital. I want to one day get a medical degree and be a doctor. Music is a huge part of my life. I love rock, metal, classical, jazz, and any genre that ends in "core". I also am a member of orchestra, symphonic band, concert band, and marching band. I play violin, tuba, and am learning percussion. I am in JROTC, and a member of my school's rifle team. I want to practice medicine in the U.S Navy. That's pretty much it, I look forward to learning from you all.

Edited by bandgeek0295

Hello everyone, i have just joined this forum. I have experience using Internet forums, as i have just switched from my older one i was using due to certain change in interests.

Anyway, i am an enthusiastic student who is willing to accept and learn and digest information, as well as offering my help and contribution to the forum. You will be seeing me alot in the mathematics section as i am a mathematics enthusiasts. Anyway its nice to be a new member of a forum, and i hope i can get along well and fit in to this community.

Edited by Heinsbergrelatz

Hi, I'm new. I am currently a Junior in High School and science is my favorite subject. My father studied Chemistry and ever since i was a little child has done tons of awesome Chemistry and Physics experiments with me. Our garage is full of awesome things, ie. a medium size tesla coil that my dad built, a vandegraph generator, and assorted chemistry and physics instruments. I plan on studying some science in college and am currently stuck between Chem, and Chemical engineering. So ya. Hi

I am currently in junior high-school, (like the person above me) and have an interest in many fields of science. With choosing electives next year, I will un-doubtedly go for a field in science! Engineering is currently what interests me, and so is programming. Science has always interested me, and if there were ever a documentry on it, I would certainly watch it! The world of science is indeed an interesting one, and I am sure the forum will keep me up to date ;)

PS: I also love theoretical physics, and reading about philosophy :)

Hey guys. I'm a high school senior right now, and I'm trying to find out where I'm going in life. Really want to work with the environment in some capacity since we have the opportunity limit global warming and improve our environment. Somewhat depressed by those who say that science majors have no future compared to business. Not really interested in engineering, but have a ton of respect for anyone who studies it. Still, I'm an optimist, and I'm looking forward to the future.

Edited by CR_Student

Hello everyone!

My forum ID is Dishmaster, but real name is Markus. I am from Germany. I have studied Physics and received a PhD in Astrophysics in 2001. I went to Chile to work for ESO (European Southern Observatory). Since 2006, I have been living in Heidelberg, Germany. I work at the Max-Planck-Institute for Astronomy as an astrophysicist and calibration scientist for the Herschel Space Observatory run by ESA.

I am interested in, well of course, Astronomy and Physics, but also in Philosphy, Education and Nature.

I hope to participate in many interesting discussions.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

My forum ID is Dishmaster, but real name is Markus. I am from Germany. I have studied Physics and received a PhD in Astrophysics in 2001. I went to Chile to work for ESO (European Southern Observatory). Since 2006, I have been living in Heidelberg, Germany. I work at the Max-Planck-Institute for Astronomy as an astrophysicist and calibration scientist for the Herschel Space Observatory run by ESA.

I am interested in, well of course, Astronomy and Physics, but also in Philosphy, Education and Nature.

I hope to participate in many interesting discussions.

Cheers!

Welcome. Your avatar is intriguing, what is it?

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm completely new here, so be gentle!

I have a morbid fascination with the world of physics (specifically cosmology) and despite having no background in the subject (or most of the subjects on this forum) I feel drawn to it. That and philosophy. In my small mind I guess I want to see myself as a modern day Socrates/Plato/Aristotle (delete where appropriate).

Like I said, i'm still learning, so play nice!

Matt.

I am Sigbang alias Aguirre. I am interrested in physical systems and transportation problems,

at the moment i am working on the topic in what kind of structure our universe

is expanding into and what a rule time plays in this game.

Hi Im a bit of an experimenter I have plenty of time on my hands but not much money.

Im into internal combustion engines.

I am currently interested in Ruben's Tubes.

I have some sound waves to try on one let me know if you have a working one, I would like to see the affects of my engine sounds.

I have attached a sample of my engine going through the gears with the bass boosted by 18 dB and mid to HF cut.

12345 18 dB bass boost.mp3

I can raise or lower the frequency to suite the length of the tube.