The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi, I'm new too...

so, about me... i'm a 24 year old just graduated student, looking at PhD's in the field of Artificial Intelligence. i have 2 degrees BSc in Robotics & MSc in AI with special games application.

scientific interests include:

most of physics

chemistry (at least as far as i understand the equations)

NP hard problems,

Primes

vortexes

generally bridging the gaps between subject areas e.g. hydrogen fuel cell technology.

Hello everybody, My name's Gallium Guy! I love the element so much I have it on my license plate LOL! The stuff's so cool, an eutectic melting point so close to ambient temp is just NEATO!!!

I joined because of a post about Bismuth interested me :D

I am into scientific metaphysics.

See my book on the web, free

www.structureofexistence.com

See attachment for a sample.

you never said whether you enjoyed the dream or not Hades. Umm, well we don't want to know.

despite being Radical Edward, my name is not Edward. I am a physicist by trade, doing a PhD in some physics thing, although biology is vastly more interesting.

An Aximov fan, great!

I am into the nature of reality.

Check out my book, free on the web

See atachment for a sample.

Hey,

I just signed up and as the automated welcome PM suggested I am here to introduce myself.

I am a 18 year old student in my last year of school. I currently live in Johannesburg South Africa. How ever I was born in Switzerland where I live until I was twelve at that point I moved to Southern California, until about 2 years ago when I moved to South Africa. Neither my German or English is perfect so I do apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I do use Firefox and its spell check function.

I want to study physics in Switzerland at ETH after this year but not sure if I will get in since I am a bit under motivated when it is concerned to school work. I am actually doing this now instead of homework.

I like physics and also developing an interest in philosophy(just started reading A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume). I do however dislike chemistry and I am neutral towards math.

Hari Seldon is not my real name but the name of a fictional charter in a series of novels.

Well that is it from me.

Sincerely,

Hari Seldon

My name is Dan.

I am interested in the nature of reality.

I wrote a book on the topic, free on the web.

It is a book on scientific metaphysics.

For a sample, check attachment.

Influences, Hoffstadter, Godel, all quantum and classic physics, everything.

Howdy all,

I'm from California and have spent a lifetime studying physics and cosmology. I am an alternative theorist and have written a book and technical papers concerning alternative cosmology and related theoretical physics. The model that I propose is now more than 50 years old. I have broad interests in science along with many other subjects. I enjoy a good discussion on the net but in my experience arguments on the net do not bear fruit :) .

I am not married but have adult children ages 30 to 34. I am of retirement age but have several on-going businesses. One is in construction, another is in stem cell research. I have been a science teacher in science and technology. I am always looking for science minded readers who would read and criticize my theoretical/ cosmology book or related new technical papers.

I like to make friends so give me a holler. Presently my friends run the gammut of ages form early twenties to 85 for my best friend.

best regards, Forrest

Edited by pantheory

DO you have a website?

Mine is www.structrureofexistence.com

Howdy all,

I'm from California and have spent a lifetime studying physics and cosmology. I am an alternative theorist and have written a book and technical papers concerning alternative cosmology and related theoretical physics. The model that I propose is now more than 50 years old. I have broad interests in science along with many other subjects. I enjoy a good discussion on the net but in my experience arguments on the net do not bear fruit :) .

I am not married but have adult children ages 30 to 34. I am of retirement age but have several on-going businesses. One is in construction, another is in stem cell research. I have been a science teacher in science and technology. I am always looking for science minded readers who would read and criticize my theoretical/ cosmology book or related new technical papers.

I like to make friends so give me a holler. Presently my friends run the gammut of ages form early twenties to 85 for my best friend.

best regards, Forrest

DO you have a website?

Mine is www.structrureofexistence.com

I just took a quick look at your site. Cool! Mine is pantheory.com It appears that we both have a book in cosmology and plenty of related ideas. I'll read more of your site as time permits,

Regards, Forrest

Hello ... My name is Cillian and I'm a science addict.

Well, really a thinking addict, can't stop and don't have the desire to.

I'm making up for lost time due to struggling through late onset bi polar and am in the process of some self education before I start taking more serious strides to get into a school of technology. Hopefully somewhere like MIT.

I love physics (all of it), Psychology (evolutionary usually, but a deal more pertaining to psychiatry such as existential, flooding, Neurofeedback (eeg)), Philosophy (Existentialism, Nihilism, Buddhism (as a philosophy), Bushido, Shinto (yes, I do view this more as a philosophy than a religion), and so on and so forth). I enjoy learning about just anything that is in the sciences, discussing politics (though I have little love for them), and I relish a talk on history and/or literature.

I also enjoy the dirty pleasure of talking a little about quantum computing and true AI, but its a dirty pleasure cause I really don't know enough about it to do more than ask questions.

I also enjoy strategy, and to a lesser degree, tactics.

Most of my views on life have been borrowed or stolen from snipers, generals, and mad scientists (but, the good kind).

My book is an eye opener. Try it.

Hello ... My name is Cillian and I'm a science addict.

Well, really a thinking addict, can't stop and don't have the desire to.

I'm making up for lost time due to struggling through late onset bi polar and am in the process of some self education before I start taking more serious strides to get into a school of technology. Hopefully somewhere like MIT.

I love physics (all of it), Psychology (evolutionary usually, but a deal more pertaining to psychiatry such as existential, flooding, Neurofeedback (eeg)), Philosophy (Existentialism, Nihilism, Buddhism (as a philosophy), Bushido, Shinto (yes, I do view this more as a philosophy than a religion), and so on and so forth). I enjoy learning about just anything that is in the sciences, discussing politics (though I have little love for them), and I relish a talk on history and/or literature.

I also enjoy the dirty pleasure of talking a little about quantum computing and true AI, but its a dirty pleasure cause I really don't know enough about it to do more than ask questions.

I also enjoy strategy, and to a lesser degree, tactics.

Most of my views on life have been borrowed or stolen from snipers, generals, and mad scientists (but, the good kind).

I am not quite sure if this is in fact 'how' the reply to the "Introduce Your SELF" is to be 'replied' to as it appears the original post is in this same box-

...but...

here it is anyhow-

I am this 'adena' - I dig reading science chats and I am a bit of alot of other things as well. Mother of an 8 year old. Artist. Author. Blogger. You-tuber. And I work to better understand quantum physics on a level where imagery of the science can be used to enhance ones own personal "story" or "perspective" or "spin" (lol) on things... ...

I dig so much I feel writing about it all could turn into a book of its own, so perhaps we chop it to this.

I believe it is all one and that quantum knowledge will transform into the next science the sooner we can lay it as the foundation in all systems.

aaaahhhh, yes , i know i know, how do we teach that?

...living this dream -

that is all

one love

and then we BRiDGE - between what we know about the self, and what we never knew we never knew about the collective organism i like to call the "earth body" - this atom is over and OUT!

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

It appears as though - since i have reviewed this after posting... in fact... this "IS" how oone replys... lol - new to "forum" chats so, WOW... plus this 'adena' may appear a bit more technologically savvy than in fact she is...

k

im done.

ha

I am not quite sure if this is in fact 'how' the reply to the "Introduce Your SELF" is to be 'replied' to as it appears the original post is in this same box-

...but...

here it is anyhow-

I am this 'adena' - I dig reading science chats and I am a bit of alot of other things as well. Mother of an 8 year old. Artist. Author. Blogger. You-tuber. And I work to better understand quantum physics on a level where imagery of the science can be used to enhance ones own personal "story" or "perspective" or "spin" (lol) on things... ...

I dig so much I feel writing about it all could turn into a book of its own, so perhaps we chop it to this.

I believe it is all one and that quantum knowledge will transform into the next science the sooner we can lay it as the foundation in all systems.

aaaahhhh, yes , i know i know, how do we teach that?

...living this dream -

that is all

one love

and then we BRiDGE - between what we know about the self, and what we never knew we never knew about the collective organism i like to call the "earth body" - this atom is over and OUT!

Hey, I'm Nick and I've just graduated from the University of Liverpool.

I'm really interested in Genetics and Bioinformatics, the latter more so. I'm currently looking for ways in which I can continue to advance my skills in programming and genetics based research through bioinformatics research. But also I'm keen to see what the community is up to as well.

Hi, guys.

I am Poimandres. Although my background is in palaeobiology, I currently make a living as a copywriter, Web developer and Internet marketer.

Recently, in my spare time, I have been trying to wrap my mind around cosmology, general relativity and quantum mechanics. These subjects are blowing my socks off! The quantum world, in particular, is so unintuitive. I have so many questions. Hopefully, some of you guys will be able to answer some of my questions. In return, I will, of course, try to make a respectable contribution of my own.

Hi everyone! I'm biologywatcher--but 'K' works just as well. I'm a phd student studying comparative biomechanics and ecophysiology. When I can tie those in to evolution, it makes me even happier.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forums with you!

Hello I'm Caius 18 from Oxford I have always had a great love for physics though i now work in computers i was looking for a way to keep my brain active during my dull days and i thought what better place than a scientists forum where i can share my knowledge and constantly learn more from others so yeah as i say physics is my strong point but im also quite keen on a bit of psychology and biology so yeah hit me up