The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi everyone!

I'm Tom. I am a recruiter specializing in cancer genetics research. I posted a new opportunity in the genetics subforum.

I am also a job search coach..there are many job seekers out there that I can't help as a recruiter, so I instead help them find there own positions.

I look forward to being of service.

Tom

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Oh, okay... I should read the mail before looking around, eh?

Sorry for repeating this:

Hola, I'm addicted to science and have learned obscure stuff in many fields from both physical and social sciences. I have a full profile if you google Mitchessay, at myspace [hey, you don't have to log in to read it!]. Boy that place has changed since last Fall. I can't even find the forums, from my login, anymore. I was cursing last night! But back on topic....

I've gotten a bit jaded on cosmology over the years [sorry] and of course, most everyone else is tired of climate dynamics.... So I only occasionally get motivated to write something. But this looks like an open, fun place and I'd like to try. "Underwater suspension tunnels" has been a fun and interesting read, and there is some climate discussion --so that is encouraging.

Hope to see you around....

~SA

Hi, there

I'm Chris, I live in Australia and I'm currently studying physics, chemistry and biology. Although physics is my favourite subject, chemistry is a close second. I'm very interested in nano-engineering and I joined this forum to chat about science! :)

Hello I'm Laurens :D

I've been interested in science from a layman's perspective for some time now, and I have recently applied to go any study an 'access to natural sciences' course at my local college with the hope of eventually going on to study Zoology.

Good to meet you all

Hey,

I just signed up and as the automated welcome PM suggested I am here to introduce myself.

I am a 18 year old student in my last year of school. I currently live in Johannesburg South Africa. How ever I was born in Switzerland where I live until I was twelve at that point I moved to Southern California, until about 2 years ago when I moved to South Africa. Neither my German or English is perfect so I do apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I do use Firefox and its spell check function.

I want to study physics in Switzerland at ETH after this year but not sure if I will get in since I am a bit under motivated when it is concerned to school work. I am actually doing this now instead of homework.

I like physics and also developing an interest in philosophy(just started reading A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume). I do however dislike chemistry and I am neutral towards math.

Hari Seldon is not my real name but the name of a fictional charter in a series of novels.

Well that is it from me.

Sincerely,

Hari Seldon

i have nothing to say :) but any one can call me (kamel) & promise to be helpful as i can and thanx

You are part of the 0,01% population of this thread who didn't introduce himself by "Hi, Hey, Hello, it's me". I find that interesting.

Welcome to all.

Hullo one and all,

I'm a 26 year old Architectural Degree person type human, with a large interest in physics, ethics, philosophy and humour. :) I studied Maths and Physics to A level and I've always been fascinated with the quest to better understand the world we live in. I make no pretences, I do not consider myself a scientist nor am I looking to publish any white papers but I do have a keen interest, so I consider myself a scientist in spirit, if not in learning.

:)

Hey guys,

My name is Imran and I currently work as a medical assistant at a pain clinic. I have a lot of free time and enjoy trolling various forums when I came across this one and thought it may be worthwhile to join. I'm an avid runner, love poker, love cooking (an interest in all fairness that came about because of my gf), love tennis, and ofc love cricket. i'd, in all honesty, probably die for any of those sports/activities. I start medical school in the fall of this year (2011) so i have some time to kill before i potentially commit suicide. i'm always up for a stimulating chat so shout at me anytime!

Hi,

I'm currently in the latter stages of my PhD, alternating between procrastination/avoidance (hence my presence here), writing up and looking for postdocs.

I work primarily in genetics/evolutionary biology on a range of things such as species tree reconstruction, adaptive diversification/species processes and population genetics.