The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

hi y'all

i am new to this science forum but it sure seems interesting so far. i'm intrigued by most all physics, some philosophy, innovative engineering (inventing), and twiddling my thumbs. i need help in understanding certain physics concepts since i have a hard time finding someone who can explain things, i also have a few ideas i'd like to talk about sometime.

while i don't have a perfect understanding about alot of physics i would like to help other people learn as well.

Hi folks, I'm Ultra. I'm into all manner of science, technology, space, gadgets, widgets and thingumyjigs. I live on a small Island of about 1000 people off the east coast of England with my dog, Hooligan. He's a very bright dog, and even has opinions on things he can relate to me! Oh yeah, and I'm slightly mad!

Hi, I ran across this site while looking for answers as to why and how I can feel the earthquakes and aftershocks. I can actually feel movement in my body every time there is an earthquake happening near Japan. This is very strange and exciting since I live so far away. I live in Iowa. Could it be the Quantum Science pendant I wear? It is made of rare earth from a volcano in Japan.

Hi brand new member here.

I have no expertise in any particular area and I am not qualified in any particular field either. I do love science though !!

I do have broad areas of interests in the sciences generally speaking. Most recently a particular query in the physics area of time dilation ie QM and SR in how they don't gel on this matter. It has piqued my curiosity some what.

I look forward to speaking with you all in the threads.

Jasper.

Edited by Jasper

Hey, I am new here.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong for this post, but I was hoping some one here on www.scienceforums.net would be able to assist me access amazon from work as it it is restricted.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks ;-

Hi there, I am a newbie here and "almost" a newbie to science forums in general. The "Boogieman" name was actually a misspelling I made a while ago, and by the time I realized it, it was too late so I've kept with it.

It should've been "Bogeyman" (like the guy who hides under beds and scares kids, and I spelt it like we say it over here) and not "The Boogieman" as in Neil Diamond - lol

Hi folks, I'm Ultra. I'm into all manner of science, technology, space, gadgets, widgets and thingumyjigs. I live on a small Island of about 1000 people off the east coast of England with my dog, Hooligan. He's a very bright dog, and even has opinions on things he can relate to me! Oh yeah, and I'm slightly mad!

Terrific avatar. Where did you find it?

Hey, I'm mossypne and i love science (Physics and Chemistry, cant stand biology though). I think i'm pretty good at science for my level, i'm predicted A* for physics and chemistry and an A for biology.

I'm only 15 so still in High school(England) so i won't understand all the topics you talk about, but i joined the forums as i love science.

When i'm older i want to do computer science at University (Currently learning python) and i'd love to learn more about computers and how they work.

Anyway thats me.

Hi, my name is Agustín; I am a biochemist, I have got my degree in the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Now I am doing research in the United States of America in physiology, specifically in activity and enzymatic parameters of Sodium-Potassium-Adenosinetriphosphatase in the kidney on a rat model of hypertension.

My goal here is to get data and write my Doctoral Thesis to be presented in my home country.

I hope this site will be an interesting source of knowledge sharing.

It is a pleasure to be here.

hola nerds, im keelanz, im 19 and im from england. I currently study computer science at university but i have a deep interest in physics, philosophy & politics.

Im currently in a deep philosophical battle(with myself) for understanding of our existence...=D

Im also interested in economics, math tricks and illusions ;-)