The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello I am Addicted2ColdTurkey (now i get it!) i very much enjoy science of all kinds, it brings me much comfort. I hope to one day be a biomedical engineer, and if im lucky create a vast unstoppable army of cyborgs that obey my every command. But for now i will continue to focus on completing high school, and looking good doing it.

I'm new to this forum so i think il give a bit of background before i make my first post.

I just turned 15 and i have a Huge interest in science, i have since i was very young. I can remember being in the library and i say a book with a picture of a nebula and i asked my mother what it was, she told me and since then i was interested in everything science, from the big bang to reactions between to different chemicals. I learned most of what i knew (up to the age of about 10 when i got my own laptop) from my mother she taught me about how the earth was formed billions of years ago and the big bang yes she is very very religious I had a tough time deciding what to believe, not wanting to upset my mother but in the end i knew their was no point lying to my self about that i truly believed. I didn't get much out of science lessons in primary school, i found them boring and repetitive learning about plants, singing songs about planets ecs. When i starting going to Secondary school (or High School) i thoroughly enjoyed every science lesson 3 years later i still feel like every lesson is a roller-coaster. So, today i had a thought i wanted to have an opinion. I regularly use 4chan/b/(yes i know..) and i was thinking maybe i should try /sci/ but then i remembered the DoS so thought i should find a proper scientific forum to shear my ideas with people who will appreciate it So hear i am!

-Zachary

Hi! I'm a girl from Scandinavia, studying my first year at the university in health science. This year I'm having biochemistry and chemistry, among other topics within health. Math and biology are my favorite topics. Besides this I at the moment feel a desire to make snowangels, here it's a lot of snow! Nice to meet you! *Smiles at you all*

My name is Aijaz Ali.

I am from Pakistan.

I am the final year student of BS(CS).

Now I am doing my final year project named "Security System through face recognition for Mobile Phone" (Android based).

I want to be a good software engineer in future.

Hi Im Peter. call me AdmiralPeter. Im not really an admiral but I did retire from the Navy as a technician (anti-missile systems) I enjoy math, I wrote a book in economics (No Taxes no Poverty, strong nation) my book will show that its mathematically possible. and also think I discovered the cure for cancer. visit my website www.defeatCancerNow.NET

Greetings, I have just registered so am having a bit of a look around.. Found this site via RationalSkepticism.org so some of you who post there may know me already.

Currently working in Africa doing public health sort of stuff. I am a Folding@Home distributed computing fanatic for team Atheists, Skeptics and Humanists so build and overclock etc for fun.

Hy I'm Dan, I'm from Romania, I'm a student at the "Babes-Bolyai" University - Department of Geology but I also love Physics and all kind of science and I hope I can learn new things here and make some new friends :D see ya:P

Hi, this is George Yates who made the mistake of thinking this was a 'serious' and 'formal' science forum (oh well.) I like natural history (Mammals), paleoanthropology, radiation, weapons design and engineering, Biological weapons and zoology. Currently studying biology, geography and environmental studies at A-level.

Hi, I'm Timothy from Singapore and will be sitting for my A level exams at the end of the year! *shudder*

Anyway, I read Biology, Chemistry, Math and Economics in school... To be honest I came here for homework help, but seems like an interesting place, hope to stay around here!! See you all around!:)

Hi, I'm MJT pronounced Mjt.To be honest, I don't know much about anything really. But I would like to, and word out is you are the go-to guys. I can be relied upon to pop up and ask questions a lot. Please don't think this mean I'm taking the mickey, I just really like to know stuff. So if y'all don't mind that I'd like to hang around. Now is someone can just point me in the direction of the section for very simple question asking I'll get to it. Oh forgot to mention I am by trade a pizza and pasta cook

Hello! I'm Mike (Midera is a compilation of the first two letters of my entire name). I'm a Ph.D candidate student in Pharmacology (having now passed my god-awful written/oral prelims). I find that I'm on forums all the time regarding computers, so thought since my behavior tends towards foraging through forums, this might be more conductive to help me learn something that's actually applicable to my area of research. What I do (as of now) is development of addiction vaccines.

Hopefully I can add to the forum... but I'm sure I'll be needing more help than giving it.

Thanks!