The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hey!I'm Kay...and I have a diverse interests in all fields of knowledge! However I m so obsessed with quantum physics and I love biology since I was little. I'm a biomedical engineering studen and I hope I'll graduate in peace!!!

Mornin' all. My name is Robert and I am actually in college right now as an English major. I hate math with a passion and am not really good at science, but I must say that I have always been fascinated with it, especially Quantum Physics. I don't really have much input, due to the fact that I don't really know science, but I would love to learn what I can. There are plenty of things that don't make sense to me, so if I say that, please don't jump all over my case, but realize that I'm a literature kind of person and need to be taught. Thanks to all.

Introduction: Time Master, Roy Porter Jr. (Joke tilte) since I wrote and published a book about TIME. ultimate-theory-of-everything dot com. TIME travel HAPPENS everyday (satellite communications) and TIME HAS TO BE multiple dimensions! The thought experiments work although proof with math is very complicated and I leave that up to mathmeticians!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm Claire and I'm new to the forum (which I found while procrastinating doing an essay assignment...which was due yesterday). I'm currently in my final year of Med Science at the Australian National University in Canberra and will be graduating in 2 months (I'm counting the days!). My specialty area is cell and molecular biology. I work in a pathology lab and I would ultimately love to become an anatomical pathologist. I didn't get into medicine for next year but I shall try again after work and travel for a couple years. I really need a rest to muster up the energy to sit GAMSAT again! I'm too lazy to be a researcher and I have nothing but respect and awe for researchers! I heart Dawkins and science.

Edited by DctrZaius

Guest Littlejenny

Hello all, at my very first post, I want to say thank to the admitration of this community :D i'm the one who really love sience, and today i found this 4rum, hope to become a very little part here.

I'm Jenny from singapore :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello [probable] humans!

I'm Procurator Incendia...Well actually that's not my real name it's just an alias but i'm not going to tell you my real name...You probably should know that already though...it's says it on the right of the post...

I don't believe in dark matter/energy...it's all lies...it's just a new kind of ether...a mathematical convenience. Even if dark matter exists I doubt there.s as much of it as current graphs say there is...our telescopes can barely find extrasolar planets. Who is to say that it isn't just all un-discovered planets, stars, blackholes etc.

Another thing I have to say is that maps of universe are highly mis-leading. What we see in space takes years [centuries, millennia or longer] to reach us. All those planets, stars, nebulas and supernovas that we can see are in different locations to the ones we can see. The nebula may have already become stars and the supernovas happened ages ago. In order to make accurate ones we would need to know where the things in space actually are by using loads of difficult equations taking into account all the gravitational disturbances, the motion of all those things etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there people !

My nickname is Autolycus,and I'm just a middle-school student in Turkey.But I love Science!It's in all parts of our lives.

Well,I'm just 14 and I don't wanna be just a child here .

Actually,I'm very interested in Genetics.

Don't mean to boast,but I'm one of the genius 9 kids who have been chosen to see the "Big Bang experiment" in CERN.

I'm here to become experienced.Just learn new things about Science.

Sorry for my English,I'm not an expert of it.

Edited by Autolycus

Hi!

My name is Monika. I'm 14 and I'm from Poland. I like science but I'm not a genius :D (congratulations Autolycus)

I just want to learn much more about intresting things in the world. I interested of everything.

I'm so happy of can be on this forum. Sorry if I have failed somewhere or I have told something stupid. And sorry about my English.

Hi,

I am from the UK, but now living in Denmark.

I am a mature student (managed to sneak into uni just before my 30th birthday), studying a bachelors in Physics and Geography, planning on a masters in Atmospheric Physics. I was originally going to do environmental biology and geography, but after several semester papers on atmospheric effects, I have found my interest lies more in that direction.

After my studies, I want to do field based research, not sure what specific area yet, but I am very much a getting my hands muddy sort of person.

Outside of clouds and thunder etc, I am interested in volcanoes, glaciers and other types of wet and wild natural occurences, online gaming, and cheesy science series on TV.

Hi,

I am from the UK, but now living in Denmark.

I am a mature student (managed to sneak into uni just before my 30th birthday), studying a bachelors in Physics and Geography, planning on a masters in Atmospheric Physics. I was originally going to do environmental biology and geography, but after several semester papers on atmospheric effects, I have found my interest lies more in that direction.

After my studies, I want to do field based research, not sure what specific area yet, but I am very much a getting my hands muddy sort of person.

Outside of clouds and thunder etc, I am interested in volcanoes, glaciers and other types of wet and wild natural occurences, online gaming, and cheesy science series on TV.

Holy cow, you sound like my ideal woman!

I was really very interested in Physics and Geography in school (and probably got my very best grades in these too) but now i'm stuck in a boring dead end admin job. What exactly can you do with a bachelors in those areas? I'm assuming weatherman and some other cool stuff?

I guess i've not put my name on this list either. I'm a lurker though and not particularly new. Hi guys!

Holy cow, you sound like my ideal woman!

I was really very interested in Physics and Geography in school (and probably got my very best grades in these too) but now i'm stuck in a boring dead end admin job. What exactly can you do with a bachelors in those areas? I'm assuming weatherman and some other cool stuff?

I guess i've not put my name on this list either. I'm a lurker though and not particularly new. Hi guys!

hehe, I did 10 years as an administrator, so you have my sympathies! uni was something I always wanted to do, but stuff always got in the way. You can do loads of things with geography physics, from weatherman on tv through to research with scary looking equations to do with climate, icecore measurements, storm chasing stuff, seismic wave calculations, all sorts of scary stuff with satellites etc.

Its kind of hard catching up on the maths and basic physics as I didnt do college, but its a lot of fun!

Yeah the maths is probably the one thing that puts me of persuing this any further. It always frustrated me because I consider myself a very logical person when it comes to analysing things and you really cant get any more logical than maths but i just don't get it! The concepts of physics I can handle just fine but explaining them with numbers is nigh on impossible for me.

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

I am a retired engineer/scientist who has practical experience in various fields of science. Graduate degrees, former professor, and worked for various companies large and small. Have spent the last 23 years in trying to solve some of the great mysteries of science and written five books on the subject. Would like to debate some of these important subjects with those who are interested and even those who think they know better and claim that it is "pseudoscience" (a word that most of them cannot define).

:lol: Hi all

I'm Sophi. I'm 15 and I'm secretly embracing my inner nerdy self by participating in science forums (shhh no one can know).

Other than science; I like soccer, music, art, and basically having a good time.

Edited by Sophi

Hello everyone, Rob from Poland here. I came here since I sometimes have a really strong urge for scientific discussion and often there is no one around who'd humor me with such ;)

I'm mostly into physics, psychology and linguistics, but I'm a very curious person, so I don't confine myself only to those three. I'm a bit of infojunkie, actually :P

See you around :)

Hi. My name is HAL.

I used to teach history, but now I run a network. I am most interested in Cosmology and have been trying to understand string theory, but am beginning to realize that this may not be possible. Nevertheless, I have been finding out some astounding things and I was hoping that by hanging out in places where people were talking about these kinds of things I would be able to understand a little more.

I have a medium-sized Samoyed dog. His name is Fig. He's my buddy.

And I am a bit of a car nut. Lots of fun. Used to hang out on some of the car forums, but there were too many right-wing gun nuts, so that was kind of a drag.

Anyway, I am still finding my way around. Looks like a very interesting place.

You have a Samoyed? Awesome! I've never met one, but I've read loads about them, and I want to get one when I'm older, after I've finished Uni, and I'm living on my own. :) What are they like? What interesting experiences have you had with yours? Was he easy to train?

Hi everybody, I'm Sadie. My friends say I'm crazy, but they're nuts too, so it's all good. :-D I love zoology, geography in general, and have too many interests to count. I knit. I'm a regular blood donor. I make necklaces. I read until my eyes are all dry and scratchy. I play SIMS Pets and Spore on my laptop way too much, I'm an adict. I'd have to say my worst addiction is Japanese anime though. I'm a total otaku! I watch it all in subtitles, so I've picked up quite a bit of the language. Watashi honto tsugoi, neh mina? ^.^