The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi there, after reading the posts that 'angryfied' Mr wizard, I thought I would do this properly. *Ahem*

Name - Oliver

Degree - None as of yet, except a fake one from Starfleet Academy *sigh*

Area of Interest - Popscience, Concpetual science, Biology.

Bit of a boffin in those areas, I must confess.

Area of study - currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Pshycology, Finance

Wahoo for science. *too much enthusiasm* hehehe :)

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

The more complicated something seems. The more ineresting it becomes.

hi, I'm known as Geoquester on the internet and I like to divide my time between reading/writing about science and reading/writing science fiction. I am a highschool aged person but I'm homeschooled so that is an almost irrelevant measurement so whatever. :) I live in a hot, high-altitude place in the Northern Hemisphere on Earth. My main interests in science are general physics, astro-physics, and microbiology. I joined this forum because I was looking for someone to discuss theories in physics with, so I will probably be found in the speculation area most of the time. :)

Hello Forum! My name is Ben, But I go by BigBen on other Forums.

I joined this Forum because I have a fascination with science.

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know much. But I would love to learn, And came here hoping to quench my eternal thirst for knowledge. :)

Hello, let me kindly introduce myself.

My name is Ned and I would like to meet you all.

I sell supercomputers.

I sell them to scientists and I don't want to argue with them but I don't believe them so I came here to figure out if what they say is real and I will be asking questions.

Thanks!

To the Science Forums:

My name is Peter, who is a college student at a major four year university in the United States of America. My current major is going to be computer science with a minor in history and electives probably in artificial intelligence or databasing. I'm legally blind using Window-Eyes, a speech synthesizer from http://www.gwmicro.com version 7.2. I use mainly Windows XP 2003 Professional Edition. My difficulty in not seeing print even enlarged magnification is taking calculus I and II, mathematical elective, natural science w elective and that in addition with some barriers to speech recognition. However, I have heard from GW users, ACB, NFB, Blind Spot and other organizations that it's very much possible to go into this field. I don't know nemeth code either so it's a bit of a trouble me at all.

Explaining to you guys that this is difficult is an under statement and there are no real under graduate online classes either here at Auburn University. The advanced mathematics in my opinion and that of others is worthless showing skills of problem solving cause what you don't use you will forget right? I just want to push through these courses and would like advice from ccomputer scientists and mathematics and natural scientist on what is the easier approaches in this matter. I hope to work at Google or Apple one of these days working on databasing or compiling troubleshooting or something along those lines. Also, I would like an opinion about natural science and in particular which you think would be easier on a blind person being astronomy, geology, chemistry or physics? Thanks for any mailings or whatever you have as I might not post on this introduction thread aagain.

i'm mthaydell and i recently discovered the lack of pertinent information regarding aspects of engineering, especially in respect to college info and actual working conditions. I created

http://engineeringinsiderinfo.blogspot.com/

to help everyone else overcome the problem i had. Check it out because there's no risk and it really has a lot to offer.

Well, I've hung around a couple of weeks now without being thrown out of the forum. Perhaps that will change shortly. The name is Rigney, and I'm a proud Hill Billy from West Virginia. My education probably wouldn't fill a Lemmings ear, so I have a million questions to ask. But I do know how to plow, mow and wind row. So, bear with me!!

Edited by rigney

Introduction:Just joined, really do not know all of the rules at this time, but here goes: My name is Dennis, am back in the UK on the T173 science course, has anyone been on this course of has any knowledge about it who could help me. I am attending the hospital for treatments and find it hard to catch up and attend forums and intelligent groups, please reply when you can, either on this site, or guyfirst@aol.com. thank you.

Hi. I belonged to a science forum a while ago. I'm not much of a forum guy but I liked it. Then it disappeared one day. I spent several years grieving.

Now I am here.

TheJack; Just replied to your other post and thought I'd chime in with a *welcome to the forum*, here. Over the years, I've had some fine discussions with folks from Australia, several on this Forum.

They do have a minimum post limit (30), before post in the Religion/Political Forums, think with a ten days or so time line, but if your really interest in one or the other, I understand you can ask an Administrator/Moderated for a waiver and they generally give them, I guess.

Dudes and Dudettes. Sirs and Madams. Please make sure to introduce yourself on this forum. If all of us introduce ourselves, it is a great reference to be able to look you up even later. And I also think that it is great forum etiquette. Thanks for listening.

hey everyone, and i live in berkeley california. i love science. i love physics. i love magnetism. and i smoke pot. im working on getting in state tuition right now at ucal berkeley so i can study physics here. i have a huge interest in many fields relating to astronomical physics, to magnetism. anywho, thats me and thats why im here. thanks for your time.

-reno:D

I did not know about this Science Forum until it came up in Google just now. I am an inventor and always have 2 or 3 things going on. Much of what I do is partner with guys that can't get a product to market. I found the answers to inventing and selling several years back after spending over $300,000.00 trying to get to market. I am still recovering that sum after finding out how to get to market. Right now I am leading a group of 6 guys to what I think will be a very big hit $$$$$$. It is a Shipboard Defense System which will end the pirates around the world from ever getting up the side of a freighter to hi-jack it. At last count over 200 Cargo Ships & Tankers are being held by pirates and the asking ransom is from $2,000,000.00 to the last paid of almost $5,000,000.00. They don't want the ship or the cargo, JUST THE MONEY !

I have other ideas that I always need partners to work with. I don't know it all and do know, "Part of something is better than ALL of nothing".

I also do some low-tec things also. I am working on one item that I found a need for that would sell for under $19.95 in all home centers and to many lighting manufacturing companies. I need a partner: This is a battery operated low voltage device. I need someone with knowledge in that field. This one would earn a steady income for the 20 year patent life of the product. abeever

Edited by Phi for All
email removed