The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hey folks. As I write my double trilogy, Universal, I'll need some science backup on everything from basic physics to the likely forms of alien life. So I may post occasional threads on questions that come up. Trying to become a movie writer is no easy task; but having solid scientific backup so I can get the plot point plausible should help a lot. Hence I appreciate any and all responses.

Welcome to everyone who has joined recently. You are encouraged to respond to existing threads. We have a great Search function that can search the whole site or individual areas. If you don't find the subject you need, feel free to open a thread about it.

We're glad you're here and we thank you for your support.

Guest scerri

Hi folks,

I am the author of The periodic Table, Its Story and Its Significance, Oxford University Press, 2007.

It has been described as the definitive book on the periodic table of the elements.

You can see reviews and further info about me at

http://www.amazon.com/Periodic-Table-Its-Story-Significance/dp/0195305736/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247184501&sr=1-1

Glad to be here.

eric scerri:-)

Scerri photo.jpeg

Am Sci paper.2008.pdf

Chem. World.pdf

I'm noticing a lot of new users starting their own introduction threads - could we make this one more obvious somehow?

It's stickied here and people with no posts get a banner at the top of the page linking to this thread. Can't think of any other ways to make it obvious.

Hi, I'm shadowdancer.

I've lost my previous account, maybe this forum have been re-organized. Well that's okay. It's been 3 years I'm not visiting, so my account deserve deletion :):-)

Trying to read those smart guys post. I'm just a moron.

I'm joe aka Phototoxin, I'm a forensic analyst (DNA - not like CSI!) but am pursuing a PhD in type 1 diabetes research soon. I figured the web might be a good place to bump ideas with fellow nerds/nerdettes.

I'm Irish but live in the UK/England. I'm getting married in 36 days, :eek, it's my birthday soon and I like the colours red and purple.

I have general geeky hobbies [dnd, mtg, photography, microscopy from time to time] and at present I use a Mac although when I get married my hyperspeed PC is emigrating from Ireland :)

My scientific strengths are my flexibility and adaptability but my weaknesses would be my lack of depth in some areas (hoping to change that!)

I did physics & engineering in secondary/high school and then a forensic science undergrad {cell biology, DNA, analytical chemistry etc} which I survived, got a job which I've been doing for about a year and as mentioned will hopefully be starting this PhD soon. The thought of researching and being able to **think** is getting me quite excited.

Despite studying physics at school my life is mostly biology related but I have both sympathy and respect for physicists!

Hi!

I accidentally stumbled upon this site and thought I’d join. I’m interested in science, especially mathematics. I hope I can make a few contributions here soon.

Hi!

I accidentally stumbled upon this site and thought I’d join. I’m interested in science, especially mathematics. I hope I can make a few contributions here soon.

Nice to see mathematics fans here! Not enough of us I say. :D

Greetings

In other forums, I have been referred to as the one that lurks. I believe you should find me drifiting in and out every now and then; a phaser, one who can offer as much credibilty as I can, whilst also accepting that from who is willing to give.

Good hunting.