The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi, I'm Joe but that user name is usually taken. I'm interested in alternative power and would like to use Stirling cycle power to at the heart of an energy production system. Problem is that I don't have a Stirling cycle engine. I'd like to build one but don't know the specifics like what the cold side volume should be in relation to the hot side, what gas to use, etc.. Can anybody help?

Hi! Joe, nice to note that you have indeed rightly chosen the only option left for the world in meeting the challenges ahead regarding the green house gas/global warming problem. The PowerDish™ Free-piston Stirling linear alternator is the option and more about this at my site http://www.stir ling-motor.com Kindly let me know more about yourself and the kind of help you need once you have gone through my web site given above. All help is with me so please doo get back to me at my contact email in my website.

Edited by Mr Skeptic
bye bye link

Hallo I'm Katie Grape, and I am evidently stupid because I missed this introduction thread.

I'm 22 and currently doing a masters degree in biochemistry.

I spend most of my day fiddling around with proteins, happily playing around with maths and yelling at bacteria.

Greetings :)

I'm currently a high school student in the US who has a passion for science, and an eagerness to learn. I'm a fan of Battlestar Gallactica, The Office, and Pepsi. Physics is my favorite science, however I lack a strong math background so I will probably pursue a different science in college. I'm also particularly interested in space, and astronomy. Good day!

Hi, I'm currently in school majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry. I actually already have a BS degree in accounting, but going back to school to pursue what I should have to begin with!:doh: I plan on going on to grad school after I finish, and so far I'm enjoying everything I'm learning.:)

Glad to find a place with like-minded people. I am always fascinated and interested in talking all things related to science.

Anyways, I came across this forum by accident. I should be reviewing for my bio lab final which is in...oh 2.5 hours! lol..not to mention studying for my chem test thursday, but I got sidetracked and here I am.:D That tends to happen a lot with me, especially when I have my computer on while I'm studying at the same time! :P