The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

hi im new and you did good on posting this so many people like it and if you are some other culture let me translate that you probably are not understanding me now can you der dolchestryer ge de terge tr terw tuyioj tedsasd sases de catrin de fe moralerasesa

And if you want to stay, I suggest you speak english, and make sense. Yes? Yes.

Hello all. My name is Brandon, and I do math and physics in my free time (usually as an off-shoot to something I'm studying in school). I just posted a new thread of a math problem that I came up with today. Check it out if you have time. It's in the Linear Algebra and Group Theory section of the Mathematics section. That is all.

I'm new, I'm bored, I'm going to MSTC next year. Also, has anyone else realized that if we put very, very advanced students on an educational fast track that put them in Algebra 1 by age nine, that by age 17 they would have completed through calculus 5 and most likely already finished discrete math, number theory, and AP statistics?

Edited by MSTCkid
to display less distaste for scientific peers, and to continue thought proccesses

Hi,

My name is Elaine and I am in the process of acquiring my pre-reqs for R.N.. I am having a difficult time with chem-60 as I am taking the recommended algebra class concurrent with this class instead of before it. It has been 30+ years since I have gone to school so I am a bit rusty but have made it through the first year of college with a 3.3 GPA. So, I will keep plugging along but I am hoping this site can assist me with some of my difficulties in my chem class.

Thanks!

The last people who introduced themselves were posting in 2004? Really?

Well, hi, folks, I'm Eman and I go to college with a bunch of people half my age, and at present I'm struggling through my second bout with Calc II as well as Physics.

Nice forum you've got here.

Cheers,

"Mudbird"

Hello. My name is Brandon. I'm 14 years old, in grade 9, and I love science. I especially love the chemistry part. I love seeing how things react with other things (though the coolest thing I have ever done was put potassium in water, woopty do eh?). I love the Periodic Table; Mendeleev was a genius. Once you know one element on the table and what it does, you know all of them. It's amazing I think. Okay, I'll stop talking about my scientific experiences, because I'm sure it's nothing compared to many people's experiences here.

hi, my name is Louis and i live in the central BC in Canada. i'm 69 years young

and needless to say, im retired. i have built 4 tail dragger airplane that i used

for hunting. i,m a welder, machinest, mechanic, and amature gunsmith.

the amature gunsmith is what lead me to this group as i will ask for help shortly.

regards

Louis

Hi folks,

Glad I found this place! Looking forward to some interesting discussions related to inorganic chemistry, lasers and optics!

I'm a graphic designer by trade, concert organizer in my free time, and general science enthusiast/hobbyist. I'm a big fan of science fiction, and classic/contemporary progressive rock.

- Robert in Montreal

Greetings Fellow "Forum" Users,

I'm here because I don't tweet, facebook, or myspace. Well I have a facebook account, but I can't recall the last time I even signed in.

I far prefer the anonymity of message boards or public forums, where I don't have to be afraid of asking a question I should already know the answer to. I love to surround myself with people who know more than me, and just soak it in...

I look forward to learn and sharing.