The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I would like to extract ethanol from beer by mixing beer with vegetable oil to remove the exess water in the beer, distil the oil ethanol solution to separate ethanol . Does any one up there have an experience of this process?
Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi Jon, I just joined today and saw your post. I congratulate you for encouraging your children to like science. There is the most amazing science website from which you can order a whole heap of stuff. It is especially designed to encourage children of all ages form prep to yr 12 to like science by providing a range of really cool, relatively inexpensive gadgets from "peephole" glasses which you hold up to your eye and it splits any light source you look at into the spectrum colours to mouse trap cars to torch light powered gadgets you can connect your ipod to hear the sound from some speakers. The website is http://www.profbunsen.com.au. Just have a look and some fun regards like chem

Just thought I might say 'HI' to some one posting a 'hi' here on this thread, for a change--since few seldom do respond, it seems. I think we may have something in common; I like to save, and I like booms too.

The results of saving, I have found, is that of clutter...and well, while a clear, neat, and cleaned out office looks nice on the cover of an interior decorating design magazine, it might be charged with being the sign of a clear (as in little there), neat, and (dare I say it?) cleaned out head? So, in the end, yes...let's save !

Then there are those 'booms.' I swear, I just love the little things to death...but they are always coming, and then going, and never seem to last (especially here in Japan). But, anyway, hey . . . Welcome to SNF, cantbesaved ! (let's see if we here can't actually end up saving whatever bit is left of that 'cantbe' so as to double negative it into a positive !)

I am new to this forum, so will just say that my goal here is to find help with my pet project. The project is to produce small amounts of hydrogen to supplement my diesel generator. I am looking for a receipe to produce sulphric acid, which is used by being added to materials such as powdered

aluminum. and a whole array of other materials such as aluminum will produce a hydrogen gas that I can save. Thanks for any help. I am well aware of the dangers ivolved Thanks in advance Bill

Hello, my I'm fashfiji. I like science alot and am interested in making a working lightsaber. The -sadly- sole reason I signed up. And after I make one I'll get involved in other things... I'll be making a post on what my Ideas are on how to make something like a lightsaber so check it out because I need help. (hence the joining)

Hello, my I'm fashfiji. I like science alot and am interested in making a working lightsaber. The -sadly- sole reason I signed up. And after I make one I'll get involved in other things... I'll be making a post on what my Ideas are on how to make something like a lightsaber so check it out because I need help. (hence the joining)

hey fashfiji, i seen you came on the IRC a short time ago, just to let you know people do use it, you just have to wait more than a minute usually. i only chacked the window about 5 seconds after you decided to give up.

if you just open it in a new tab/window and leave it for a while, someone will turn up eventually.

hello everyone, my name is lucio, i'm from Italy and can't stand being ignorant.

I'm sooo glad i found a forum where, hopefully, i can get to dissipate (can I say "dissipate"?) and discuss all the doubts I get while reading books and reading on the Internet.

Edited by lucio_

I would like to introduce myself to the other forum members.

I was born with a incurable condition known as extreme curiosity. It has been a 40+ year struggle.

People often come up to me and ask me what is wrong? When I ask them why they believe something is wrong, they say that I have a worried look on my face. I just tell them that is my normal expression. However, I am always worried. I'm worried that I won't have enough time to find the answers to all the questions floating around inside my head.

I am the parent of two young children who show the same signs of an overactive mind, so I'm now experiencing the pains that my parents did almost 40 years ago. I hope to find the time to answer my own questions as well as theirs and maybe contribute some answers to the questions that plague mankind as well. I want to extend my appreciation in advance for tolerating me. :eyebrow:

Hi This is Adarsh Ranjan, I have quite been interested in theoritical physics for almost years now. But i frankly am quite kept to myself because of the fact that people hardly know much of it. So i am here to talk freely and discuss aspects of the subject with other lovers of theoritical physics.

Hi all,

I'm Hawkin'sDawkins (name obviously taken from two of the greatest thinkers of our age) Made a few posts already and am loving the forum. Bit of intelligent discussion - it's what seperates us from animals.

I'm an IT geek by trade but have a love of theoretical physics religion and philosophy.

Look forward to locking intellectual horns with you all.

Hi to all,

I am very slowly going through an OU course in Chemistry and 'er no I will not be posting my tutor's questions directly on this website!!!! I am of course new here and very much a greenhorn when it comes to chemistry so I am not likely to be much help!!

...But I will certainly be needing it!!!!