The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

-I'm empty

-27 yr

-I like No: 3 and hate No: 0 :doh:

-I still don't know how can I see things :confused:

-more thing confuse me it's how did scientists discover a black hole at same time it sucks every things even the light :eek:

-there is no perfect in our world

-I still don't know what's a nature ?

-and I'm in love :D ( yes I know I'm lucky)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! I'm Matthew, and I teach high school science! It's nice to find these forums!

Also, from that first paragraph, it seems like I'm a pretty excited fella. I'm only REALLY excited about transmembrane signals that involve carbohydrate complexes, and anything involving organic chemistry.

Hello, layman here. Er well my main interests are biology and physics, with Biology taking professional precedence (it's what I'm going to study in college) and physics well, it's physics dammit, 'nuff said.

Feel free to ask about whatever.

Oh, and I'm from the Caribbean. No, I'm not a pirate.

Oooo I'm a lepton. My nerd-side is tingling :D

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Sorry to derail a bit, but why is a 66th page listed when I was the last post in the thread and it's listed in the 65th page?

Hi, I am Julius, a Biologist (but really really interested in physics and cosmology), currently living in Barcelona, Spain. I also DJ, Photograph, and program...so about 3/5 of the way to a Renaissance man and really looking forward the Renaissance Man certificate... :eyebrow:

I'd like to start a thread about cool analogies that provide perspective on matters scientific. I absolutely love these because they make real and apparent the absolute coolness of our Universe.

For example, one of my favorites: There are more molecules of water in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in all the oceans of the world.

Does anyone know if a thread already exists for this?

Also maybe some of you out there would be interested in something I developed about 10 years ago. Science education book, electronic version in the link in my sig.

Hi this is housedoctor, I'm not a science major or anything like that however I do like researching on human regeneration of limbs, organs, tissue, ligaments, nerves and body. I'm interested in learning about how it could be possible for us to live in a much more better environment. I had always been interested in human regeneration, however in 2006 up until recently I destroyed my body without knowing it and now that I feel the pain there is nothing I can do about it. I'm scared and surgery won't help it will just scar me and worsen things further so basically I'm interested in a way to heal and finally feel good about my health and body function. I am still a person obsessed with how I MYSELF look but at the I have learned the most important thing in life is health and body function. Sadly I've haven't heard anything good in regeneration of humans internally organs inside the body and ligaments and what not. The only news that finally made me smile turned out to be completely false. So yeah. Basically I'm upset and that's why I'm on my search for regeneration of the body. I also hope this would be available for others who are in the same situation even though they might not have got there in the same way.

Hi,

I'm DrDNA and it's good to be back with those that are wise in the ways of science after a 10-12 month long hiatus.

They don't allow internet cables and electrical cords where I was.

I'll be here until they discover that I'm missing again.

Edited by DrDNA

Hi,

I'm Grant. I have a Master's in Chemistry (physical organic) and a J.D., and work as a patent attorney (pharmaceutical and biotech). BTW, patent law is a good field if you have a great interest in science, but would rather write than do labs ;)

My main areas of interest are neurology and immunology, and especially their intersection (i.e., neural sensing and control of the immune system, and vice versa). Also cosmology, gravity, and quantum mechanics. Guess that doesn't narrow things down much ;)

I can answer general questions about patent law and becoming a patent agent or patent attorney, but please do not expect specific legal advice.

Grant

Edited by GDG
corrections

Hi

My nmeame is Alex or (sciencetoyboy) I am a newby and I decided to join this forum after my wife threatened to leave me If I tried to talk science to her one more time. I have no formal education on any science subject only recent books I have read and I look forward to sharing my ignorance with you.::D

Hey. I'm Brandon, and a freshman in High School. I'm currently doing some things that I figure might interest this forum. My main project at the moment is a Home built CPU from the 7400 series of logic gates. It's moving along extremely slow, but I hope to have a successful boot up by the summer. I'm also interested in the B.E.A.M theory of robotics, and have built a couple of 'bots on those principles. My two main aspirations: Aerospace engineering degree, and hobbyist gene manipulation. Yes, call me crazy on that second one.:doh:

Yes, call me crazy on that second one.

You'll have to stick around and interact with some of our members, you'll quickly recognize that would be the least qualifying trait of craziness around here :D

Good to see a lot of new people in the forum, please do stick around a while!

I can answer general questions about patent law and becoming a patent agent or patent attorney, but please do not expect specific legal advice.
Unless you have a PayPal account, right? ;)

Hello, I'm a writerchick and I'm here to hopefully get some help with Real Science in order to make my science fiction more plausible!
You should write a story about a starship captain who wants to become a patent attorney. Do you have a PayPal account?

Hi

My nmeame is Alex or (sciencetoyboy) I am a newby and I decided to join this forum after my wife threatened to leave me If I tried to talk science to her one more time.

Oooh, she's way past the glazed look in her eyes. Call some of her GFs, arrange for them to go to a chick flick, and then log on and geek out, dude!

My two main aspirations: Aerospace engineering degree, and hobbyist gene manipulation. Yes, call me crazy on that second one.:doh:
You crazy. Most high school freshmen's main aspirations are bongs and senior cheerleader's tonsils.

hi guys looking forward to being on the board
Everyone says that *before* we start pouring the water. :eek:

Welcome to the forum, have fun, get dirty, make mistakes.

I'll be a new college student major in engineering 3 months later.I come from china,and now study in singapore.i love chinese poem very much.If you want to know more about china and chinese people,i'm glad to talk or write to you.My email address is tq7130@163.com

maybe i am not a good writer,but at least i will try every way to show you what you want to know.

Hi everyone, new member here, I'm Henrik.

I've been reading for a few days, nice site you have here. I'm a Science Computer/IT student, and I hope I will be able to offer some interesting information within topics, a learn about others.

Nice to met you all..

Hi, I am Baub. I am a new member; just registered today. I need to exercise my brain! It has begun to feel as if the average person i encounter just does not have an interest in talking about anything intellectually stimulating.

Hey everyone, my name is "1nc4rnation" but.. just call me Incarnation. I am something of a hobbyist when it comes to sciences, with no general direction in particular though - recently - I've been the most excited by nanotechnology.

It's good to be amongst you. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looking back at my earlier intro post actually makes me want to let blood. I guess it's a healthy reminder of what I used to be like.

Anyway, I haven't posted regularly for about four years, mostly due to my finally realising that I basically didn't know anything, and that as such I shouldn't talk about it. I still don't, really, but at least now I better understand the bounds of my knowledge, so with my small but now firm basis I may actually be cabable of rational discourse. So it won't be much (it still takes hours to write a long, coherent post) but I'd like to start practicing again.

Since my last major activity (pre-university), I'm now in the fourth year of my Physics MSci and hope to do an MSc next year to shift my emphasis to theory, then go for a doctorate after that. I'll try to post in the phsyics section if I think I can be useful.

Anyway, I haven't posted regularly for about four years, mostly due to my finally realising that I basically didn't know anything, and that as such I shouldn't talk about it.
We've missed you, welcome back!

Character - zim
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
There'll be no leaving for you THIS TIME, squealy meat-sack! If you don't have 1000 posts before the year is up, Earth will be destroyed! But hey, no pressure....
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

ey. I'm Brandon, and a freshman in High School. I'm currently doing some things that I figure might interest this forum. My main project at the moment is a Home built CPU from the 7400 series of logic gates. It's moving along extremely slow, but I hope to have a successful boot up by the summer. I'm also interested in the B.E.A.M theory of robotics, and have built a couple of 'bots on those principles. My two main aspirations: Aerospace engineering degree, and hobbyist gene manipulation. Yes, call me crazy on that second one.

Hey! kudos man, im a freshman in 9th grade myself. and, aerospace engineering rocks. that and physics{all kinds} ofcourse.

You crazy. Most high school freshmen's main aspirations are bongs and senior cheerleader's tonsils.

Ha! i like it.

Wow, looking back at my earlier intro post actually makes me want to let blood. I guess it's a healthy reminder of what I used to be like.

diddo man, i was so ignorant and thought i was right about everything and knew it all. wasnt this a kick in the pants. my first post was awsome!{karma, served with sarcasm and a side of irony}

Hi, I am Baub. I am a new member; just registered today. I need to exercise my brain! It has begun to feel as if the average person i encounter just does not have an interest in talking about anything intellectually stimulating.

know what you mean there man.

Hey everyone, my name is "1nc4rnation" but.. just call me Incarnation. I am something of a hobbyist when it comes to sciences, with no general direction in particular though - recently - I've been the most excited by nanotechnology.

nanotech rocks. its also a trip.

[We've missed you, welcome back!

There'll be no leaving for you THIS TIME, squealy meat-sack! If you don't have 1000 posts before the year is up, Earth will be destroyed! But hey, no pressure....

/QUOTE]

nice.