The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi, all. I'm only 15, so I'm not exactly scientifically knowledgeable by any stretch of the imagination--at least not among the people that this forum seems to attract. I probably won't post too much, as I won't really know what I'm talking about, but I plan on lurking quite a bit. I'm taking Honors Chemistry this year, and I've discovered that I love it. I'm also in AP Environmental Science, but the class has been a joke so far. I'm signed up for AP Chem and AP Psychology for next year, and I plan on taking AP Biology senior year in high school. In college I want to major in something scientific (most likely bio, chem, bio-chem, or psychology) and then go to med school, eventually becoming a psychiatrist. Apart from science, I love linguistics (some may consider that a science) and music (been playing drums for 7 years now).

Thanks for reading.

hi

I'm 32,My name is özgür..

my educations..

insan kaynakları (english :human resorces)..6 years

işletme (Business Administration / Management)4 years

fizik (physics )4 years

sosyoloji ( sociology)(PH.D)

I am a professional Translator....(turkish-kurdish-english-spanish-russian)

I live in Smyrna (Smyrna =izmir)...Smyrna is a city in turkey..Izmir is Turkey's third largest city and is nicknamed "the pearl of Aegean'''

hi

I'm 32,My name is özgür..

my educations..

insan kaynakları (english :human resorces)..6 years

işletme (Business Administration / Management)4 years

fizik (physics )4 years

sosyoloji ( sociology)(PH.D)

I am a professional Translator....(turkish-kurdish-english-spanish-russian)

I live in Smyrna (Smyrna =izmir)...Smyrna is a city in turkey..Izmir is Turkey's third largest city and is nicknamed "the pearl of Aegean'''

Isn't that a strange mix, a degree in physics and then a PhD in sociology?

yes,I have a wide range of interests...

parapsychology,mathematics,philosophy ,physics,sociology,human resoures,theology....and so on

also ,I want to study mathematics -Ph.D)

Indeed very wide.

The PhD in mathematics is a very noble and worthy pursuit.

:D

hello,

i enjoy reading about physics, special and general relativity have always interested me but they also provide confusing questions.

thank you for providing this generous resource, both of questions already asked and answered, and links to further reading on the web.

Just another new member here saying hello. I'm 35 and am a professional firefighter. I have always been interested in science though and was very happy to find these boards. My current interest is in ballistics, mostly from reading the book, Backyard Ballistics. That leaves me some fun projects to make... like a spud gun, catapault, and a tennis ball mortar. I find I tend to jump around to different sciences and such as they interest me. Lately I've also been doing some reading on physics and meteorology. The good thing about this board seems to be that it covers a wide range of different science. Kind of a one stop forum for all my science questions and needs >:D Well, hopefully I'll see you all around on the boards.

Hello,

My (pseudo)name is Mr. Burns. You can call me Mr. Burns. I'm a student working on a postgraduate degree. My main interest is in the biological sciences. My understanding of the sciences is very basic, so I find this site informative and sometimes entertaining. I look forward to reading more of everyone's contributions to this forum.

Edited by mrburns2012

Hello,

I'm a student at a university in England doing a degree in molecular medicine.

Trying to get onto a PhD programme to start in Autumn 2009. Fingers crossed.

My favourite areas of science are probably immunology & gene expression. But it changes often. For some strange reason I've wound up doing protein research.

Other interests include telly, clubbing, yoga (I'm a bit of a New Age flake, innit), music, and various other things.

Hello!

I'm Marco, an Italian eighteen years old guy.Right now I'm in Saskatchewan (Canada) as a foreign student and I'm attempting 12th Grade in HS.

I have always been deeply in love with science and technology. My favorite fields are physic and engineering, but i enjoy also chemistry and biology.

I also like philosophy and politics, and i love classical music.

Science Rock!

Marco :D

Heya. I'm Ugouka. Always have been. Well..since I was 12, anywho. Kind of an odd name that many people ask me about. The way I got it was from a random name generator (sort of). I take the first letter of the first 6 names it gives me and make my name that if it can be pronounced. On that subject, it's pronounced (Oo-goo-kah), at least that's how I say it. Anyway, aside from my name I'm pretty much just a random person that enjoys science, writing, reading, and sarcasm. (Which I try to avoid in text, because it's not nearly as detectable in its more subtle forms.) As you may discover in my posts, I em uh horable spelar. I'm not quite that bad, but still. Don't waste your time correcting my spelling, I know it's bad. Uhmm...17 years old and nerdy. Not much else ya need to know. So...in conclusion..

HIYA!

Welcome everyone since my last general welcome.

Hey. I'm a 18 year old studying natural sciences. Ngh...I can't think what else to say, unless you want to know concrete stuff like my height, eye colour, race and IQ...XD

Never surrender a chance to gain knowledge is what I say... so... :P

Hi, I'm an 18 year old in USA

Maryland is my state.

Science has fascinated me ever since I was little and it's my favorite subject.

I'm a HS senior, and I'm interning at the National Cancer Institute.

I've taken AP Bio and am working this year on AP chem and AP environmental.

I want to make connections with various sciences, and think even more critically than I do now so I joined the forum.

PS sorry if my name sounds a bit egotistical, which I'm not.

hey there, my names cameron.

im new here, been here for about a week, and am pretty much diggin it here.

im a male, live in california, but no, i live in the central valley, no beaches, no babes, just a bunch of wangsters. {wanna be gangsters with no lives other than being pricks and dancing to idiotic music, if you want to call it that} dissapointing isnt it.ya.

im pretty much obsessed with every science in general, if only there was a carreer that covered all science. man id be on that, but as it stands, im studying to become a physicist/aeronauticall engineer. although im only in high school, im taking extra classes and learning alot on the web{including this website}.