The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I joined mostly because I had a problem with my thesis and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas how I might solve it. No luck so far, but getting there...

I'm a Swedish guy doing my MSc in Energy Engineering and living in Hong Kong. Will start PhD studies in January at Hong Kong PolyU. =)

I like Math, Energy Optimization problems and Acoustics...which will be the area for my PhD studies.

Hi to all. My name is Sherry. I have no post HS education, and terrible grammar and spelling skills. Interests include paleontology, environmental studies and brain/mind function. Four months of the year I live in a remote area with a year round population of 43, where there is no TV or internet access. Enjoy painting and creating with my hands. My hope is to learn from you all.

Hi to all. My name is Sherry. I have no post HS education, and terrible grammar and spelling skills. Interests include paleontology, environmental studies and brain/mind function. Four months of the year I live in a remote area with a year round population of 43, where there is no TV or internet access. Enjoy painting and creating with my hands. My hope is to learn from you all.

To be honest, I think most people here are quite well versed in grammar and all that ... stuff... but semantics! Nobody pays attention to that anyway, language detracts from the fun part, the part when shiny things get all bright and explode. You know the ones.

Welcome to the forums everyone!

Edited by Dudde
I forgot what I was saying

Hello!

I'm totally new here.

Anyway, my name is Ace and I have strong interests in aviation. Science has been an interest but it's something I've never really managed to study on. I guess I've been to busy with other matters. Anyway, I'm sorry to say that I'm an idiot with maths and that everytime I try to understand, I fail. I'm guessing it's just me.

Anyway, hope I can learn something here. :)

Hey my name is Landon.

Originally came here for organic chem help, but now I love reading threads and all that jazz.

lol for someone really crappy at the math involved with science, I like it a lot.

If only they wanted scientists with Literature skills!!!

oh, but they dont lol

bye everybodys

;)

Greetings to everyone here at Science Forums. I'm a new user, I've just discovered this website and I've already fallen in love with it :)

I'm a sixth form Student in the UK, I'm doing all the sciences and maths for A-levels :D

Thanks for having me here.

Edited by Leylu
Spelling

Welcome one and all :)

Hi i'm profescher

I am a trainee biomedical scientist

I work in a hopsital Lab and everytime i try to post a message it has not worked, hope it does this time!!

Have you had any more problems? If you do, I'd recommend sending a message to one of the admins ;)

Hey, I'm liber scientia, roughly translated to free knowledge

I'm in love with band and I've been fascinated by sciences all of my life.. And the institutions aren't cutting it for me..

I'm only 14 years old, but I hope this isnt a problem.. the most brilliant minds were adolescent at one point, too =p

My mind wanders as a lost man, in depth and analyzing whatever I can from the force needed to throw something accurately, to imagining the angle that a ray of light would need to bank off of one wall, two walls, three walls onto a certain object

I appreciate discovery and the sciences and keep an open mind to think out of the box.

My scientific vocabulary is pretty limited, so go easy on me =p but speculation and hypothesizing come naturally, so i can communicate on par in that way

Thanks for letting me contribute.

I'm past the introductions stage, but only technically since no one really knows me, and so this will serve as a wannabe-intro and bit of a friendly request. If the following sounds unfriendly or negative, that's not my intent. I do appreciate the help people give on the forums. So without further ado...

Please answer my questions as you would if a six year old asked. :)

I often spend years researching things I don't know. So if I'm asking a question, it's because I just can't grasp it further, and not by lack of effort.

For instance, it took me over ten years to learn how to do newspaper style columns on a word processor, due mainly to unsatisfactory answers.

That's unproductive -- and seemingly like many of the answers I get in this forum. I'm using the knowledge gained to help improve the world. However, I often must put important tasks and research on hold, when seeking answers of things which others have a more intuitive grasp of, yet end up feeling as if I've gotten nowhere. Isn't this forum designed to expand knowledge?

I wouldn't mind if it took only a day or even a week of research. But when it takes me years when you obviously know the answer, what's the sense of that?

If you would like to know how I'm using the information to help better the world, I'll gladly share that with anyone. Simply PM me.

I'm past the introductions stage, but only technically since no one really knows me, and so this will serve as a wannabe-intro and bit of a friendly request. If the following sounds unfriendly or negative, that's not my intent. I do appreciate the help people give on the forums. So without further ado...

Please answer my questions as you would if a six year old asked. :)

That's no problem. The challenge for me is that I sometimes answer questions as a six year old would answer. :embarass:

;)