The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi, I'm studying Computer Science in my 3rd year at a UK university (I'm a girl just to break any stereotype you may have been forming). I have a particular interest in Cognitive Science, Evolution, Computer Science (obviously) and Human Biology but I find most things interesting.

I found this site on Google and started reading and can't stop at the moment. I think I like this place.

:)

Hi and welcome all...

Hi, I'm studying Computer Science in my 3rd year at a UK university (I'm a girl just to break any stereotype you may have been forming). I have a particular interest in Cognitive Science, Evolution, Computer Science (obviously) and Human Biology but I find most things interesting.

I found this site on Google and started reading and can't stop at the moment. I think I like this place.

:)

Which part of the UK are you in/from I'm in the SW :)

Hello: This is Timeviewer. Im a Physicist by undergraduate training, but later went over into Educational Psychology to study memory and learning...from there I got into the very controversial field of CONSCIOUSNESS. I look forward to learning from and contributiong to, this Forum.

Hi everyone!

hi guys new member here and am a PhD student within a Uk university working on Malaria and immunology and hope to give and receive really sound advice!

Dnasis

Which part of the UK? How far into your phd are you?

Hi, forund the site while looking for ideas on gold plating carbon steel parts, now all i have to do is find that thread again.

I am a master Gunsmith working for Simmons Gun Repair as there design and enginering guy.

We just installed a VM2 milling center and i have had to re-learn all the math i had forgotten from all thoes years ago.

To all my mathamatic teachers i am sorry i did not listen to you when i had the chance.

Also to my english teachers i am sorry i have forgotten how to spell correctly.

I'm a scientist by nature. Which means I don't eat unless I'm forced to, I don't sleep, unless I collapse from exhaustion and I don't listen. Except to my own wild theories that is ;)

You hold a solid point my friend, all except for that crazy "I don't eat unless I'm forced to" part, how zany! I eat all the time! And some of the others...well...it scares me what some people eat in this forum o.0

Welcome to all the new guys! Hope you find a good home away from (or inside) home with us!

Hello!

I'm only eleven years old in sixth grade, but my reading level is at 8th grade. And, well, I'm pretty interested in science. Actually, my interest started at 5 years old. Well, now I'm also considered by my teachers a 8th grade level (approximately) at science too. I don't mean to talk too much but hey how else is anyone going to know me?

Anyway, I mostly have scientific theories. (DID A SIXTH GRADER MAKE A HYPOTHESIS?) Really, I also do some science experimenting. Well, hope to get to know YOU on the forums!

you may call me nny. or whatever you wish. my screen name is a multipurpose one that i am somewhat regretting right now, as it seems most people's are science related, i feel dumb.

ah well.

i am a 17 year old female who actually enjoys things other than mtv, shopping and, like, whether or not danny will ask me to the dance. (whatz!?!? dose pplz existS?)

i tend not to explain myself too well, so if you have trouble understanding what i mean, seriously just ask, i won't be offended.

i love biology and environmental sciences, and hope to gain a love of physics and chemistry through this site.

i love to learn and expand my mind/beliefs.

i'd like nothing more than to talk to people if they provide worthwhile conversation.

teach me something!