The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello everyone :)

I decided to register after I took my time to look around this site and read some topics which I found interesting. I’m a 17 years old senior high school student. I love science in general, mathematics in particular. I consider myself at the very beginning of a very long path of knowledge, and I thought that joining this site will help me expand my information and develop them.

I also want to apologize for any grammatical or spelling mistakes I might make in my posts since English isn’t my first language and I am still learning it. However; I will try my best not to make any.

Best wishes;

I think your English is exellent! Where are you from?

Thank you.

But I must disagree, there are so many scientific words I came across in this site which I don't know the meaning of in my own language since I never studied them in English. But I am here to learn after all.

I am from somewhere in this world ;)

Thank you.

But I must disagree, there are so many scientific words I came across in this site which I don't know the meaning of in my own language since I never studied them in English. But I am here to learn after all.

I am from somewhere in this world ;)

welcome to the forum, little miss clever. If you are a proper nerd, have aspberger's syndrome, OCD or are just really pedantic, you'll probably have a ball here.

Hi all.

I’m a grumpy old curmudgeon, “old” being the operative word. I'm 72, and cannot abide fools. I am pedantic in manner and suffer from Asperger's Syndrome.

I’m hoping to meet up with other irritable old bastards like myself. People with a lively rudeness in their temperament. If you’re an Aussie and know of Red Symonds, or if you’re a Pom and know of Will Self, that’s the type of person I mean.

If your IQ is less than 125, stay away from me.

Edited by The Backward OX

So hi again. I'm uh, Kris, and I joined SFN like a loooong time ago, and then I went INTO THE WORLD

That got boring though, been reading posts intermittenly throughout the years, and I'm happy to come out of the shadows

Hello, everyone!

I am JeMoKn, but can be called Jemo.

I've participated in this forum so that I may learn more of science, especially biology, which although I perform well, I do not have the skills to memorize everything. I hope that I may be able to leave a good impression with you.

I am from the Philippines, by the way. And because of my location, my English will not always have perfect grammar.

Also, does it make anyone else treat me differently if I say that I am only a high school student? I certainly hope not!

Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone!

I've been looking around here for a while and finally decided to join.

I'm a uni science graduate and I currently work as a lab technician. I dabble in a bit of microbiology, molecular biology, genotoxicity, cell culture, analytical chemistry and whatever else my boss throws at me!

I'm here to learn and to hopefully impart some of my wisdom... now where did I put it... :)

See you around!

:D

Hi,

I just joined this forum in hopes of finding more open minds here than at the last science forum I belonged to:-)

We definitely are open minded here! Welcome all ye to the science forums, glad to have you as part of the group

:D

Hello!

I'm a sophomore at Umass Dartmouth and majoring in biology/pre-medical studies, though my side interests include environmental science and ecology.

Aside from that, I love science and just about every aspect of it. I'm a fan of Science Friday, Scientific American, and a few others. Sadly, I've almost become one of those people who devotes more time to studying than anything else, but hell, I like it.

See you guys around, probably more so when organic chem get's into full swing.

HI ONE AND ALL.

I am a songwriter, I practice expanding simple concepts until they just dissapear into meaninglessness in an endeavor to open myself to more inspiration.

The concept of motion is my latest musing and delving into its inner workings is the widest imagining I have had. How is inertia and c the same? furthermore, what is motion as a whole related to? Seems c isn't imaginable and eventually my expansion will dissapate into nothingness. Then I'll recieve the inspiration and produce my silly song.