The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Imagine my surprise when I learned from mooeypoo at TAM6 that there is another website with the same initials as ours. A science site at that!!
I read your excellent posts about TAM6 over at Skeptic Friends. It sounds like a fantastic venue for great minds.

Welcome to this SFN, to Kil and the others who are joining. I plan on starting an account at Skeptic Friends in the very near future (but I'm a little skeptical....:D)

I read your excellent posts about TAM6 over at Skeptic Friends. It sounds like a fantastic venue for great minds.

Welcome to this SFN, to Kil and the others who are joining. I plan on starting an account at Skeptic Friends in the very near future (but I'm a little skeptical....:D)

Thanks!

Hi , I am new here . I am really a layman so far the field of science is concerned .

I would like to take a little time study the posts of others before going to post my own . I fact , I am here for my own benefit and am afraid what I would contribute !

Thank you all .

I agree with that, asking questions can help you and others.

I find explaining something to someone else often forces me to really understand the subject I'm trying to teach! :D

So welcome, and please ask lots of questions, there's no such thing as a stupid one (well most of the time)...

Hey! I am Sid and I'm from India. This is my first time on a Science forum. I'm in school in Grade 11 and I'm studying 5-core subjects required for 11th grade - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Physical Education. I am a big fan of Linkin Park and I love music as well. Hope to hang out here a lot.

Hey! I am Sid and I'm from India. This is my first time on a Science forum. I'm in school in Grade 11 and I'm studying 5-core subjects required for 11th grade - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Physical Education. I am a big fan of Linkin Park and I love music as well. Hope to hang out here a lot.

Welcome! Good luck at school. I also love music.

Hope you enjoy it as I do.

Regards.

Hey there! New member from Pennsylvania. I'm a college student majoring in mathematics, going into my sophomore year. I don't know much of anything about the universe I live in, so that's why I'm here. My interests include Fishing, Anime and Manga, and MMORPG's, and history, the history of science and math in particular.

Hope to have fun on this site.

Hi all,

Celtic Mad Scientist here. I'm studying for my Ph.D. in computer engineering but I'm a science enthusiast too (physics, some chemisty, some astronomy). Optics and lasers are particular favorites of mine.

I'll especially be hoping to share some of my experiments with you over in the Amateur Science section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All! I'm 'Air'. Like Mathematics (hence most likely to be seen in the Mathematics forum) and hence have an occupation of studying it. I hope to be active member of the forum and contribute to threads. See you around. ;)

I"m Kernacktur (the name came from a word jumble in middle school about Tchaikovsky)

I"m a high school senior and I"ll be joining the Army in about a year =O

The Big Bang and string theory are my two favorite science subjects.

I used to be real big into pharmacology but not so much in the past few months which is probably good ;)

hope to be contributing at least A LITTLE something to the forums sometimes here soon

Hi im new im actually very new...i just registered like 2 minutes ago. i joined to share my ideas about the scientific end of the world >:D its actually quite interesting and i thought of it myself. please check it out im dying for somone to reply

Hello :)

I am the noob. In real life people call me Adrian. I am from Freiburg, which is a town in the south of Germany. I am studying physics at the Albert Ludwigs University. Until yet I was very active in certain German forums, but I am on a point in my education, where I have to say, that english is such an important language, that I decided to change in an english forum for learning science in english.

I want to say sorry for grammer mistakes. I am working and learning for better grammer. In the fall I will visit english courses and I hope it will change the problems.

In this case for wirting good posts and Threads ;)

greetings

Adrian

I want to say sorry for grammer mistakes. I am working and learning for better grammer. In the fall I will visit english courses and I hope it will change the problems.

Don't worry about your grammer it is better than some of the native english speakers we have had here. If we don't understand you we will ask for clarification and if you don't understand us just tell us and we will try to explain it better.

My name is Josh, I am an avid watcher of the progression society makes, and I obsessively imagine our future. I have no formal education in any field of science, in fact I have very little formal education; despite this I am in love with idea that tomorrow may hold a truth that will harbor our existence for eons to come. I continuously probe into whatever I can; trying my best to understand the world around me. In the end though I face and must deal with the reality that I may, for my life, be amid a "purgatory"; that of which has very little escape.

I, like all humans, walk towards horizons forever unknown.