The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hiya!

I'm Taktiq....

I'm 32 going on 8. I'm a dad of a wonderful little girl. I like psychology, myoozik, law enforcement, magic & illusions, the occult, smoking just so people will ask if I know that those things will kill me, challenging ideals and confort zones, the darker side of life and poking fun at people who take themselves or life too seriously...oh and I like to argue as an acedemic execise whether I have a stake in the arguement or not. I currently work in the private security field and was going to be a police officer until I got sick of dealing with domestics and assaults. Now, I'm planning on going to school and studying psychology to help people.

Hi,

I'm a retired electrical engineer and mad scientist living near Chicago, Illinois in the USA. My main interests are in physics, pulsed power, dielectric breakdown, high voltage, and ultrastrong pulsed magnetic fields. Some of my hobby activities include "capturing" lightning (making Lichtenberg Figures), shrinking coins, making miniature lightning bolts (via Tesla Coils and Marx generators), and buying, selling, or trading scarce EE and physics books for my personal technical library. I plan to lurk here for a while and will respond whenever I think I can add something of value to the forums.

Bert

I plan to lurk here for a while and will respond whenever I think I can add something of value to the forums.

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I found this site and I figured "COOL, people I can converse with!"...but now I'm finding I'm as lost as when people listen to me rattle on about security work.

Hi,

I'm a retired electrical engineer and mad scientist living near Chicago, Illinois in the USA. My main interests are in physics, pulsed power, dielectric breakdown, high voltage, and ultrastrong pulsed magnetic fields. Some of my hobby activities include "capturing" lightning (making Lichtenberg Figures), shrinking coins, making miniature lightning bolts (via Tesla Coils and Marx generators), and buying, selling, or trading scarce EE and physics books for my personal technical library. I plan to lurk here for a while and will respond whenever I think I can add something of value to the forums.

Bert

Welcome! May you spread mayhem everywhere you go for many years to come. Always nice to see someone with electonics knowledge here who's actually trying to come up with something cool instead of antigravity technology or water-powered cars. :D

Hello fellow Science afficianados! :)

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. Let's see...I'm 30 years old and live in Atlanta. I have a BS in Freshwater Ecology and my current occupation is in the field of Ecology. I'm interested in Ecology (duh), Astronomy, Cosmology, Biology, Environmental Studies, Physics, and just about anything to do with Science. I'm also into computers and music, specifically, making music on my computer.

Err...Can't think of anything else, but if you want to know more just ask. :)

Hello everyone, ill go by the name improve becuase that is what I hope to gain from joining this forum. Im 27 years old and live in NJ. I Served in the US army for most of the last 7 years of my life as a communications soldier. Now I am a student at Thomas Edison State College in NJ. Its a mostly online school which works for me. I am a Compute Science major and plan to be graduating within a year. I look forward to learning...

I get this strange feeling that we've met before. ;)

I also have that strange feeling too :D. Welcome aboard. And don't worry, the crackpots are usually kept as punching bags over here...

Hi I'm Lisa

it would be interestng to see how natural selection would go to work on a species that existed only on pizza

I enjoy psychology and biology very much as well as the outdoors; have a great day. I am looking forward to meeting new people and reading what you have to say

Welcome to all the new folks. It is extremely logical that you chose to become members and reflects very well on your intellects.

Hi, i'm Al, i have a problem... i'm French...
Bienvenue! Please help me out with this thread in General Discussion about sarcasm in many languages. *You* can give us the Russian perspective. :rolleyes:

I'm Svalgaard. I just joined today. Currently I'm an Art Science and Archaeology student at the Free University of Brussels (VUB). I live in Brussels, my main language is Dutch, my English isn't perfect.

My main areas of interest are cognitive archaeology and landscape analysis.

I've seen that there's no separate forum for archaeology here, but since there are a few people around that would like to see such a thing come into existence on this website, it might pop up one day.

Best regards,

Svalgaard

Hi..

I came here to get all of my brainstorm thoughts bashed and thrown into file #13..

Can't hurt any worse than my neighbors tellin' me so..

Where's the bathroom, BTW.. ;)

-Don

(No, no. I am not spamming for my site...)

Imagine my surprise when I learned from mooeypoo at TAM6 that there is another website with the same initials as ours. A science site at that!!

I've taken some time to look around and I can honestly say I like this SFN. Now, being an administrator at another SFN may limit my time for posting over here, but I will try to keep up, use this site as a resource, and recommend it to my skeptic friends.

It was great meeting mooeypoo by the way. Cool lady. I am now also a fan of her blog...