The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I haven't introduced myself yet. Sorry. :doh:

My name is Antonio Ladeira, I'm Brazilian, 15 y.o., I'm Catholic, I believe in miracles and I don't think it's a reason to be against science. Science facinates me. Can't God be a scientist?

By the way, I live in Rio, I'm in a Chemistry Technician school and I love neuroscience.

I joined in this forum for discussing science, music (if you like :) ), and to have some fun with my free time.

;D

Thanks, Antonio.

Hi guys, I am jimmydasaint (taken from the film 'Things to do in Denver When You're Dead').

I am the most boring man alive on Earth. I have a PhD in Biology and am a teacher in a tough-ish school in North London. On most days , I just spend the whole day talking to myself, because no-one listens and then bore my friends at the weekends. I know I must be boring because people start to yawn within 5 minutes of speaking to me (including pupils) and then have been known to fall asleep. As along as this works on the pupils, I don't mind. However, I do try to make lessons etc...interesting. Have you fallen asleep yet?

My interests are Molecular Genetics and Quantum Physics but really my knowledge is 10 miles wide and one inch deep (i.e. shallow knowledge of a lot)

You are asleep now, I am sure!

Hi, I'm Tia. I've been hanging out in the irc channel and thought it might be cool to sign up here, which it looks like it is. I just recently moved to Wisconsin after graduating with my bachelors in psychology. In general, I have a good science background, though chemistry is love.

Hello, all! My name is Stephen. I'm a history major going into librarianship, but I really enjoy science. I've been trying to find a good forum for discussing science, in the interests of learning more and finding people who share a similar joy in learning about the world. I do a lot of nonfiction reading in the area of science, and my favorite author by far is Carl Sagan.

Hey,

I just made a thread in the Astronomy and Cosmology section of the forum, and figured I should introduce myself...

Since I was five or so, I've been armed with a screwdriver in front of a heavy-as-hell wood grain console TV. Wondering what the glowee thing in the back does - is that where 'the people' rehearse for the next scene?

Now, I know it's all about the electrons and the attraction... of the forces... and the WHOO HAH! All while holding a stable magnetic field! But no matter how much of that TV's science I keep myself learning, I'm still five, and it's still magic that makes it all glow.

And that's why I love science...

I'm the new guy ("Awww Geeez... am I noivous or what"), Bobby.

hii, i have newly joined the group. i think that there are so many things or topics in science which need the multiple thinking or directions that can be fulfilled by the discussion among the different viewing people...

Hope i enjoy to be a part of the discussion.

I have just joined the group of science forums.And i have realized that its really worthy.

and it is one of the best way to discuss the views and get the knowledge of all kinds of branch.

Hope i will enjoy , in being in contact with u people.CHEMENG

We are extremely glad to have you all here. Welcome to the community.

We hope you find everything you need, and might be able to help us find what we've been looking for. Browse at will, enjoy yourself and assume the position (mind open, but not so wide your brains fall out).

Bathroom's down the hall, let's keep it civil, and you there, with the gum, I hope you brought enough for everyone. :D

hi I'm genuresilience, i'm new here. I am a high school student who plans to major in biochemistry or molecular biology, and i am just truly fascinated by science. I also like to pretend I have a sense of humor.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, and.........sorry, wrong website.

hai! I'm Radical Edward, I was one of the earliest members here and was even a moderator for a good while, but I vanished for a long time but now I have returned. I introduced lucaspa to the place. he's a dude.

I think everyone should note who made the first post in this thread ;)

hello everybody, im fascinated by science, and i can go for hours following my own train of thought to molecules, atoms, smaller even? OR larger, to our universe, bigger maybe? or more un-answerable questions about life and our existence. I hope to make many friends and have many many discussions on these forums!!:cool:

So, the introduction, ok...

"Hello, everyone, my name is Manuela, I´m 25 and I´m mexican"

So far, so good

"I have special interest in Astronomy, Cosmology and Exobiology and I decided to join this forum in order to learn and share some ideas"

I think that´s all, was it good? :)

So, the introduction, ok...

"Hello, everyone, my name is Manuela, I´m 25 and I´m mexican"

So far, so good

"I have special interest in Astronomy, Cosmology and Exobiology and I decided to join this forum in order to learn and share some ideas"

I think that´s all, was it good? :)

Espero que entenda meu português.

Bem-vinda.

I'm right down you. Brazil :D

Hope you enjoy here, I'm also new... and enjoying it.

hey my name is phil im new to the whole science thing im a computer salesman and you know... well ive sold a lot of computers in my life time but recently have gone to the all "scienc" scene and you know my boss is an idiot he doesnt understand me... is wish he understood me but he never will sorry to burden you guys with this but i hate him so much well thats all about me