The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I was looking for info on how to make hydrogen balloons for my boys and came across this sight .So I thought I"d just put this out there ......If there is aliens ,they would be members here?? and I want to learn from you, or just be able to stop wondering about you?? Maybe you could teach me something that would get me "bill gates" status and I could send my kids to the best schools and build a space ship and go visit your planet :rolleyes: .Any ways .can someone tell me why we dont use hydrogen in our everyday life??could we not collect it all summer and use it to heat our houses in the winter??

I was looking for info on how to make hydrogen balloons for my boys and came across this sight .So I thought I"d just put this out there ......If there is aliens ,they would be members here?? and I want to learn from you, or just be able to stop wondering about you?? Maybe you could teach me something that would get me "bill gates" status and I could send my kids to the best schools and build a space ship and go visit your planet :rolleyes: .Any ways .can someone tell me why we dont use hydrogen in our everyday life??could we not collect it all summer and use it to heat our houses in the winter??

I suppose the easy answer is that our current infrastructure is built around petroleum, and those who make the rules also make lots of money off of dino fuels.

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the entire universe. If I understand correctly, it's what powers our sun. Just because we don't use it currently for all of our power needs does not mean that we won't use it more frequently in the future.

It's hard to make an economy efficient, and it's hard to change infrastructure, and it's even harder to convince those that have the power to vote... the power to initiate these changes... to do so in the best interest of the people, instead of the best interests of their own wallets... but, it's not impossible, and more and more people care each day. That gives me hope.

Take me to your leader. :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm Amanda. I'm new to this website, (well, obviously) but I thought it sounded interesting. This does sound an awful lot like an A.A. meeting. Boy, oh boy.

Except we're still allowed to drink! Else IA would never hang around...

Welcome all...

:eyebrow: Hi all..Which Religion is right..Catholic..Jewish...Muslim..Budhist..Scientology..etc...They are all bogous..

Perhaps the answer you seek lies within your own question, Weedhopper.

.........or perhaps the Evangelicals got it right.:rolleyes:

i am apparently known here (i do all my internet business under this handle) as foursixand2. would have been foursixandtwo but the 'o' was one too many characters. Anyone viewed the new Tool DVD Vicarious? It literally brought tears to my eyes. My avatar is a picture of a katydid holding a water droplet it is about to consume. My sig is a quote from Douglas Adams, hopefully you already knew that. I suppose this will commence my introduction.

Oh Cool! We have an intorduce yourself thread! Why did I not see this before? I was loolking for one! Hi. I'm Kelly. I'm a 19 year old student from Wisconsin. I love microbiology and bacteriology. But I also love learning about any type of science. Science is just so cool! There's nothing like it :D

Well, I have already written several posts. But as I was supposed to be here only to do a question about BDSM and biochemistry, I didn’t introduce myself. Being that I have got addicted to this forum :cool: , I think it will be a good idea to do it.

I am a biochemist, from Spain, bad in English but trying to improve… and, as I have seen that it is so important here, I’m a girl.

Greetings and salutations!

I'm not any kind of scientist, have no math skills, nor have any formal (or informal) training/education in the scientific field.

I joined this forum to get in touch WITH said experts and other knowledgeable people to hopefully learn something. My main incentives for gaining knowledge of science is with the world concern about energy, the depleting fossil fuels (namely petroleum), and the bleak future we, and especially the generations to follow, will be faced with.

Hopefully, I will learn enough to put some viable solutions out to the public on how we can secure a better future for ourselves.

I never realized that our forumn had so many young students that is great.

Being 84 years old and in excelent health I hope to part with important theories about the Universe, that I am sure is important to you students and friends. Tom