The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Oh, I just found this.

I have science degrees somewhere... I think I lined the birdcage with them.

I have been in biopharm for what seems like since the discovery of the cell. I deal with the regulatory agencies and quality systems.

I live my life based on the FDA's "Risk-based Approach" and it really is not intended for such application.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a new bacteria that has caused most of you a pain in the neck. I'm from the planet kreon. I've been studing you weak species for about a decade now.

No, really, I'm eight years of age. A biological genius if you may, even though my account says 16 I decided to post that because that is what I test at. Explains a lot doesn't it? That means when I say back when I was eight it means like 3 months ago. I often get confussed with simple things. I ask questions about evolution a lot 'cause eight years doesn't provide much time for knowledge to sink in.

I'm in college, but through online courses.

Hey all new people.

The unknown, you are one of the youngest. we don't make such a big deal of age here. it's more defined by how you think(or don't if that is the case). If you are unsure of something, just ask. someone will help you no matter what the subject.

Really? You're eight years old? If my mother actually cared I could be around your level. When I was in Kindergarten I could count to 999Octillion and down, understood magnetism, read, wrote, told time,

I understood how and why the kids did things they did, (Psychology), I though of atoms before I ever heard of them... etc; I was probably smarter in certain areas than most adults.... But since I'm lazy, I don't do my homework, raise my hand in class, study, I'm not considered "gifted"...

(Though one years I was but my mom took me out, she doesn't like science and such, and wants me to be normal)

Though the good thing is that my teachers know all this, and push me to get things done... I just need some inspiration to study and push myself to my full potential...

When I was in Kindergarten I could count to 999Octillion and down, ...

That's amazing. I didn't know it's possible to stay in Kindergarden so long. Didn't it get boring after a few centuries?

uhh, how did you get that i was eight years old from my reply? i didn'tmention anything about my age. anyway, i'm 19.

you might want to not just jump to conclusions, thats not a good practise to get into in science.

maybe it's the thing he said that he had "phycoligy skills" or something. by the way I’m 16 and I still don’t know whats going on in my friends heads

No, really, I'm eight years of age.
Hey, I'm new. I'm 14 years old.
Hey all new people.
Really? You're eight years old?
uhh, how did you get that i was eight years old from my reply?
maybe it's the thing he said that he had "phycoligy skills" or something.
Notice my post.
errr? is there anything else I'm missing? :confused:
My PREVIOUS POST. Look up.

Hihi, talk about confusion and jumping to conclusions... :D

MrSandman claims to be 8 years old and is the one TheUnknown is referring to. :doh:

(Which is what MrSandman is trying to say.)

EDIT:

And Yes, Hi everyone and Welcome !!! :)

(I am Spyman, that's all I say.)

Guest Biology_Girl

Hey, I'm Biology_Girl, but you can call me Sarah. I'm 17 (will be 18 in December). From my SN I guess it's pretty obvious what branch of science fascinates me.

Hi, I'm the kiwi bloke with the stupid name -which is completely intentional btw.

I'm pretty interested in science, and into a lot of different stuff (chemistry, physics, electronics, condensed-matter, quantum theories, informatics, even biology and yawning)...

I have a (first) degree (Comp. Sci.) but have studied all the other stuff, so am "capable", I feel with this science thing. I'm into any good discussion that looks at some of the basics, or the more exotic stuff, maybe. I don't really have any advanced math, this is ok because I understand what math is (projection, mapping, modeling, etc). I guess I'm a bit of a polymath. I play piano, mostly classical stuff (because much of the modern stuff is way too easy).

I also speak a bit of Latin, and my motto is: "ut sapiens sibi fortunam habet, ergo iucundum sapere debet" (since knowledge is its own reward, learning should be fun)...

See ya