The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

evenin' im Dom, im interested in psychology and Java, im 15 and believe i may be slightly obsessive,i also go on long rants that go no were and sometimes don;t even make any sense, there strange there full of crap about other crap and mainly feature leprechauns just because i think there funny, especially if they are drunk which i would presume they are because there little leprechauns i crete in my imagination along with bob ross who speaks funny but keeps me entertained at 5 in the morning, i also like the fact that bob ross never seems to change his paintings always a hill, river or mountain which of course has to have trees in them and ... shit, that was a rant and if you read it all i am amazed and shocked, well not that amazed

Guest azureflame

yo! my name's azureflame (fine it's an alias) Some classmates of mine introduced me to this site so here I am. :)

Hi. I'm a grad student working on my masters for teaching. Right now, I teach Life Science at a middle school. I look forward seeing how science forums can be used in a classroom. Hopefully I can learn alot from all.

Pigs are ungulates native to Eurasia collectively grouped under the genus Sus within the Suidae family. They have been domesticated and raised as livestock by some peoples for meat (called pork) as well as for leather. Their bristly hairs are also traditionally used for brushes. Wild pigs continue to fill these functions in certain parts of the world.

Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals. On a small farm, or in a large household, they can be fed kitchen scraps as part or all of their diet. In the wild, they are foraging animals. Pigs that are allowed to forage may be watched by swineherds. Because of their foraging abilities and excellent sense of smell, they are used to find truffles in many European countries. They are also fattened to be eaten as ham and other types of meat, such as bacon.

Pigs are unusually trainable animals, and some, such as the Asian pot-bellied pig, are kept as pets.

A litter of piglets typically contains between 6 and 12 animals. Occasionally, in captivity, pigs may eat their own young.

Pigs lack sweat glands, thus they must have access to water or mud to cool themselves during hot weather. They also use mud as a form of sunscreen to protect their skin from sunburn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm Ray and i enjoy random rants like the one from Sigma6. I like almost all science and would like to know everything and rule the world. I have alot of weird ideas like piezo-powerplants and that gravity is a pushing force.

Tollerate me or i'll punch you in the face! (Yes, thru the screen!)

Tollerate me or i'll punch you in the face! (Yes' date=' thru the screen!)[/quote']

Punching through a screen is pretty impressive. Let me know how you've mastered this ability so I can copy you maliciously.

Kicking hurts more.

I hate introduction forums; no one ever looks here anyway. However, I’m guilty of joining the conformity bandwagon sometimes. My display name is Louise, but it's not my real name. No, I don't hate my real name. I'm just weird.

I've lost my sense of smell somewhere along the line during some of my home experiments, so if that's not a stark indication that I'm not a careful chemist, I don't know what is (other than blowing off a vital bodypart)

Oh, and I'm not dead yet, evidently.

Although, that bike incident got real close.

So, hi.

Guest Thanhthu

Hello, and treat me like a new member, because I've been here rarely.I like math , ice skating & football...^^

Hey everyone, I'm just here to say hello. I was searching for a forum to talk about the different forms of science and it would appear that I have found it. The way this forum is set up is awesome and I love how there are so many intelligent people posting.

It is good to know I have a place to come if I need any help with homework or just to chat it up with anyone about pretty much anything.

You'd be surprissed how bored some of us get... Hi :)

I'm surprised how many posts there are here...

Mole's a nickname I was given at school... Can't say I Object.

Starting Uni In October (ChemEng) - lets hope I can pick up something useful.

Hi, I'm Adrian, and I'm intimidated by some of the people here with graduate degrees in fields I can't even pronounce :embarass:

I'm still in High School, but I am quite interested in Maths, Science and (especially) computer science.

Next year I'll be at the University of Waterloo, getting a degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, but until then, I'm still in grade 12 :D

Hope to have fun here!

I hate introduction forums; no one ever looks here anyway.

I do look here quite often and it´s especially nice to get a few more details about people I´ve already met in the physics section.