The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

so its kinda obvious I'm new . . . . . . . . I'm from Croatia (if you dont know where this si' date=' whell Google it :D )

I'm s biology student and am kinda bored at the moment so I decided do find som forum . . . . . . guess what its this one (ps. yea i know i suck at spelling, but its a cruel world out there :rolleyes:)

so thats about it, everything else you can find in my profile :P

. . . . . edit//: oh yea I'll try to participate in discusions as much as i can :eek:[/quote']

Hi. Croatia, huh? Good, and a hearty welcome by this member! It would be nice, imo, if you'd do a thread on your nation, the political and religious controversy/war there, as to which side you're on and the underlying unknows involved here by Westerners from your personal point of view.

Hello im Michael and i originally got sucked in here google searching for empathic people. I have NO scientific background but i find a lot of interesting threads on here. A lot of you are frankly pretty funny i expected some really serious Dr. Spock types but well thats stereotypes for you. My hobbies include reading, listening to music, trying to discover the meaning of life and being wistful.

I'm Maddi... I'm here to learn something, I had General Science in High School... MANY year's ago...lol. I am just relizing that ya never too old to learn... I just hope this isn't too far over my head...lol.

Once I start readin' the forum.. I may have alot of questions, I'll try not to sound to elementary and stuff.

Thank you, Maddi

Guest Blackwater

Hi all,

I'm the noob here and I just thought I would post an intro.

My name is John, I'm 35 married with two children, a cat, a dog and a hamster.

I work for a major truck and bus manufacturer as a product designer.

I am interested in history, anthropology, human evolution, physics and cosmology. I play Guitar and like all kinds of music.

Hello!

Hi All,

My name is Pedro (Born in Portugal) but living in the Uk for the past 10 years and I’m 23.

I’m a student pilot learning to fly aeroplanes mainly at weekends with British Airways Flying Club, and now I have been offered at place to do a degree in science, after this is completed I am planning to do the honours and masters in Australia and who knows if I still have a brain after all this I might do the PhD. :eek:

This is all for now, and I shall see you all around the forums.

Cheers

Pedro

:)

And your into physics meta? Chemistry is more like it! Hellow all I am new. I have a BS in math with a physics minor, I am happy to help out anyone or to be theorize about anything. I am a graduate student in environmental science my focus is math modeling of environmental systems. Don't be afraid to send a PM for help with math problems.

EJ

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. My friend just recently told me about it and it seems really interesting, just the thing i was looking for. I'm going into 2nd year university studying chemistry so hopefully i can put my brain to good use here :D . See you guys on the boards!

Not exactly new about the traps but i've had an extended absence so I thought I might as well reintroduce myself. The name is James but I guess Thales will do. For those who don't know who Thales was, investigate.

I've been absent for almost a year now but I am back in my adopted home of Melbourne. Just completed an insane few months of boarding in NZ followed by Canada. I am in my honours year of a physics major and eagerly awaiting my doctorate which I am doing on cosmology.

You'll find me mostly posting in the Physics section, although I like enjoy philosophy and am not know for shying away from an arguement, as long as it is warranted.

Peace

Lepton?? hmm maybe one day i'll graduate into a organism?? lol, well anyway the names Brian, and though ill admit, i have never studied science any further then high school chem2 or physics, I find this all very interesting, and it makes me ask myself all kinds of questions... my favorite thing to wonder about is time travel :) well anyway im gonna get to readin the forums and maybe even learn a thing or two....

Guest Ambigere

Hi all!

I discovered this forum while searching about human nocturnal activity. I wished I had discovered this sooner though. I am a science student - doing my A levels, but my teachers doesn't seem to be serious about teaching and it's kind of made me disinterested in the subject, although I am actually very interested in it. Just not for the sake of reading/studying to pass an exam.