The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Guest Amtekoth

Hey all,

I'm a cancer researcher at UW-Madison and I'm glad that I've found this forum. While I'm here, I'd like to point folks to my science humor webcomic, Lab Bratz (see my sig for the URL). I'm up to about 18 episodes now and going strong. I've worked in this field for a long time and I'm finally telling a bunch of my silly anecdotes to a wider audience.

I was also fortunate enough to find a really good artist to draw my stories (I can't draw stick figures!).

Let me know what you think!

Ed

Hi, I've lurked around here for a long time, I guess I could start actually posting :P I have the summer off then I'll be busy with school work again this fall. Majoring in physics, looking to get into astronomy this summer, but the weather here isn't exactly ideal for skywatching. I really like the idea of building communites, sharing education, help, creative works, and information freely, but I haven't got very involved with anything, so I hope I can start a little bit. A forum like this is exactly where you can do that. I apologize in advance if I ever upset anyone here. ;)

konichiwa, my name is to the left of this post. I have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas and i am strongy convinced of the fact that all that i do,feel,think,know and believe is right. Everyone else in the whole world is wrong, and after i post an answer to a question noone should ever post something there ever again.

I also like playing football, riding bikes,drinking lots of alcohol,baking cakes,eating icecream,fighting,and playing online roleplaying games like Everquest and World of Warcraft.

Guest jenepicam

Hi, my name is Jen. I'm 22 and Epi is my husband, 23 I love so much (explains my screen name jenepicam ;) ). We have a new owned puppy named Duke (a purebred APB). We're novice owners to him. My concern to have joined this board was that I searched google about seeing if I can better understand the analysis of Duke's dreams. I'm sure normal to have him dream but his dreams at times, too, they worry me. Also, in other science I love Meteorolgy, too. In my childhood Meteorology and Tornado/Storm watching was my most likely thing I'd wanted to be. I'd still like to get in that area, too.

I haven't actually introduced myself.

I'm Evangelante and I'm basically an internet loser.

Intermediate Interests:

• Language:Spanish:Japanese:
  • Explosives
  • Security Engineering:Lock Picking:Hacking
  • Web Development

Other than that I'm trying to build more information in basically everything located on this forum except astronomy and things that have to do with animals. I'm very interested in cybernetics and bio-chemistry because those will be my goals. I'm currently a College student.

Haha, I never even saw this thread...

Hey, I am radiohead. I am a computer guy and know a couple programming languages, not including HTML and CSS as they aren't programming. I really am good in all areas of computers and anything that has to do with them, electrical stuffs, math, physics, etc...

I also am pretty good at chemistry and everything else on teh forums, I am basically pretty good at for my age (16) besides atronomy...but not good enough to post as I usually have to go look something up on google before i know what you are talking about :P.

Intermediate Interests:

[*]Explosives.............................

Mmmm, pardon for being nosey, but what nationality are you? Would you mind elaborating a bit on this interest? Bear in mind, of course that I am aware that people apprised on explosives are needed in many industries as well as the military, national defense, et al. :)

Edited to add: Welcome, Evangelante,.....................I think, but do be careful! :eek:

:mad: hello everyone right now I am currently working on unifying quantum and chaos theory. I know that I have done a good job so I have to patent it now. I am staying underground for a while cause I know that those evil oil companies would try to employ man to steal their work. If anyone is interested in becoming part of a team of scientists that will help help build a more unified theory of everything please let me know at

IMG_4126.JPG

the electron is shaped like a dodecahedron.jpg

Hello, I'm jowrose. Saw this site after google searching something, took a look. Great site, i'm sure i could learn a lot more on this site than at my school library (which is a piece of crap, there are like 7 shelves and that's about it). I like science and math is ok (kinda boring, but i think i'm somewhat decent at it). Chemistry is the best, can't stand physics. at least not regular physics, particle physics is pretty interesting. I honestly dont give a rat's a$$ how long it takes a stupid brick to fall from a building that is 125 meters high if the brick is tossed 15 meters up in the air...

So far my garage chemical experiments have been limited to thermite and potassium nitrate concoctions, but i hope to upgrade to a larger variety of things soon...

Hello I'm Snail, thought it was time I disclosed a bit more info about myself. I live in a caravan, am covered in slime and am a hermaphodite...I actually live in a nice three bedroom house with my mates, by the beach and am purely here for learning and seeing if any of my ideas aren't completely bonkers.

I love travel, though havn't for nearly a year now due to financial constraints...sigh, only 161 countries to go ! My passion is music, particularly using synths and samplers...played the guitar from an early age...and yes I can shred, and am starting a production company in a couple of months. I'm also an avid festival goer. I love the sciences although am clearly not an expert in any particular field...I try to be as logical as possible, and love hearing about any cutting edge technology or new discoveries.

I've got a dull day job, but it's made up for with other pursuits and yes I do own some giant african land snails (if you were wondering about the name.) I was actually quite useless at science at school, and am really a creative person (good at illustration / music et.c) but I'm trying to change that (the science bit that is.)

A lot of the introductions are very non-descript, so I thought I'd waffle a bit...I think it's better to know a bit of background to the person you're replying to. cheers Snail

Guest bobattopsail

Hey, I've been lurking around here and thought I'd finally post something here. I'm kindof a late bloomer to the science world, I'm 24 and will be finishing a BS in Industrial Technology this Dec 05'. I planned on going to grad school (MBA) but after taking accounting/economics/law for a few semesters, I have realized how boring business is, and how much more interesting science is, although it is harder to learn.

So, After December I plan on getting a second BS in a engineering/science discipline, then go to grad school in science/engineering. My interests are astronomy, chemistry/biology, mechanical/aerospace engineering. And I'm telling myself I love Math right now because I'm about to go through the Calculus I,II phase :D

I honestly dont give a rat's a$$ how long it takes a stupid brick to fall from a building that is 125 meters high if the brick is tossed 15 meters up in the air...

I completely understand that dude, I HATED general physics. Once you start getting into electricity/magnetism and such it become more interesting..

I keep hearing my old professor's voice in my head -->> ACcccceelllleratttion... :-( *mono-tone*

Guest TheOperative

Hello,

Great forum you guys got here, at the moment I'm contemplating going for my masters in math. My dilemna is that my bachelors is in Information Technology. I wouldn't be doing it for a career move, but rather, my love for mathematics. Anyway, I'm just generally interested in any science, hope to learn a lot here.

so its kinda obvious I'm new . . . . . . . . I'm from Croatia (if you dont know where this si, whell Google it :D )

I'm s biology student and am kinda bored at the moment so I decided do find som forum . . . . . . guess what its this one (ps. yea i know i suck at spelling, but its a cruel world out there :rolleyes:)

so thats about it, everything else you can find in my profile :P

. . . . . edit//: oh yea I'll try to participate in discusions as much as i can :eek: