The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Might he be referring to your avatar? I am not receiving the GIF picture in your avatar, it just shows up as a blank called "Stephy's Avatar".

He could be. I'm not all that smart, you see. I cannot see my avatar either. Time to change it, I guess.

Hi, I'm Hactar. I'm very very curious about things like astronomy, chemistry, quantum physics, and mostly just space. I'm almost completely new to these subjects in almost all respects, which is why I'm here.

I also read a lot and play paintball even more.

Guest hi12345

Hi I'm a new guy. I came to these forums in search of good friends because I have none! I'm not super intelligent like any of you I just though everyone here would be good people to befriend.

I've been away for a while so I'm not technically new but I have been absent for some time. Just wrapped up my degree last year and have finally settled down after an awesome, perpetual party, vacation.

The three month long hangover is starting to wane and i thought its time i turned my brain back on. Couldn't think of a more plesurable way to loosen up the ol' brain, prior to resuming number crunching and theorising for a living again.

Good to be back SFN :)

I've been away for a while so I'm not technically new but I have been absent for some time. Just wrapped up my degree last year and have finally settled down after an awesome, perpetual party, vacation.
Congrats, man, we missed you. Have a cup of coffee and a breath mint and start reading. :D

blue :)

Hello,

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. My first love is Philosophy then Science. But my personal problem is< what comes firstt he chicken or the egg,Science or Philosophy. I cannot get a straight answer. To me Science comes first because it is observerable through expierence. philosophy is, the art of Science or the deeper meaning of knowledge. There again I also have word problems like wisdom equals knowledge. To me wisdom is how to use the knowledge you have learned. Any body like to debate ththem questions?

Thanks Paul

But my personal problem is< what comes firstt he chicken or the egg
The egg, because the thing that laid the egg that became the first actual chicken was not quite a chicken yet. So philosophy has to be the egg, since without it, science was not quite science yet.

But that's another thread. Welcome!

Hi I'm a new guy. I came to these forums in search of good friends because I have none! I'm not super intelligent like any of you I just though everyone here would be good people to befriend.
Aw... I know how it is to not have friends.

Well, I hope you'll like this place, and you don't have to be super-intelligent to join. I proved that by joining myself.

A big welcome to you and to the other new-comers!

hey, its okay, I also know whats its like to have no friends. Anyways, some of us are super intelligent for sure, but not all. Look at me, I am absolutely terrible at math. If you just have an interest in science, you'll fit right in.

Welcome, by the way :D

Hellbender

howdy all.......

name's snore2walk...i know really corny.....but never mind, eh...

not qualified in any field....*yet*

am really interested in particle physics, neuroscience, and medicine....odd combination, i know.....but hey!

read all of Brian Greene's books, and am really fascinated by that hell of a physicist..

do occasionally try to hold an intelligent conversation, but alas, often do veer off course, tangent-wise....think i'm a know-all, but yet my thoughts are worth far less than the ordinary 2 cents worth...

hoping to pick your brains......

aim to become a neurosurgeon....like Ben Crson, or Keith Black...anyone know them personally?

on the whole, a "jack of all trades, but a master of none".........YET!!!

BTW: how do you chalk up posts?>

BTW: how do you chalk up posts?>

Welcome to the forum.

If you mean what I think you mean, then posts made in General Discussions don't count towards your postcount. Neither does anything moved to the trash bin.

The idea is to make the postcount a better reflection of how much members contribute towards the sciencey threads.

Guest Cheery

Hey all,

I am new here! I was in Science stream all along from high school till college. Then I switch to computing when I go University. I love biology in particular though I am not an expert in it.

I am currently doing my honours year project which requires me to conduct a survey.

And I wish to get help from you in doing my survey. You can find the online form at the following URL:

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~yapleexi/questionnaire-memb.htm

There is also a link on that pg to another pg about me.

I am seriously in need of help cos the deadline for my project is drawing near! So I hope you can give me a hand in this!

Ur help will be greatly appreciated

Btw, you may get some $ incentives from this :)

Ok folks, hope to receive responses from you soon :D

Hey ^_^

I'm Kindria2000, real name's Marie. I'm 16 and I'm going to be an accountant but I like science. My science teacher almost had a heart attack when I told him I wanted to be an accountant, hehehe. I am mostly interested in human engineering. I could be in college by now, but I'm not because my mother is evil. I dont know what that has to do with anything. umm...I like cheese...

Hey ^_^

I'm Kindria2000' date=' real name's Marie. I'm 16 and I'm going to be an accountant but I like science. My science teacher almost had a heart attack when I told him I wanted to be an accountant, hehehe. I am mostly interested in human engineering. I could be in college by now, but I'm not because my mother is evil. I dont know what that has to do with anything. umm...I like cheese...[/quote']

So get your degree in accounting and then find a job as an accountant in a scientific research and development firm and you can have your cake and eat it too.

So get your degree in accounting and then find a job as an accountant in a scientific research and development firm and you can have your cake and eat it too.

Cheese.

She likes cheese.

not cake.

ok, i've been on a month so i thought i say hello.

as the username would suggest my name is dan (how original!) culloty and i'm from the most laid back country in the world, ireland! currently in my last year of industrial chemistry, i actually joined the forum because of the brain teasers (sad i know) but this forum is way way cooler than that!

Hi I'm bluenoise as the title says. You can call me Casper.

I'm currently majoring in Biochemistry in Canada, though I'd like to think that my interests touch upon every area of science (probably not though).

Currently I've been lurking on these forums just reading the occasional thread as I've been pretty swamped latley. But I'd love to post more and discuss once I get some freedom. :cool: