The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello! My name is Kittenpuncher, although my old forum buddies liked to call me KP for short.

I'm interested in many of the sciences, such as biology and space physics. I like to think that if I snorted a fuckton of hot rails with Albert Einstein, we'd perfect some sort of faster than light travel, crash into a small speck of dirt somewhere around the planet Venus, and destroy the entire universe in a missingno-meets-suicidemouse-esque nightmare trip.

Thanks for having me!

P.S. Would someone be so kind as to teach me how to change my avatar? I have a ton of great ideas for avatars since I like to listen to that doomy stoner metal type goth dude music.

Thanks for telling. Adieu

33 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Hello! My name is Kittenpuncher, although my old forum buddies liked to call me KP for short.

I'm interested in many of the sciences, such as biology and space physics. I like to think that if I snorted a fuckton of hot rails with Albert Einstein, we'd perfect some sort of faster than light travel, crash into a small speck of dirt somewhere around the planet Venus, and destroy the entire universe in a missingno-meets-suicidemouse-esque nightmare trip.

Thanks for having me!

P.S. Would someone be so kind as to teach me how to change my avatar? I have a ton of great ideas for avatars since I like to listen to that doomy stoner metal type goth dude music.

Thanks for telling. Adieu

Note to self: Never ask you to babysit my cat 🤣 

59 minutes ago, MigL said:

Most people who start off punching kittens, grow up to be serial killers.

The evidence is more supportive of "most serial killers started off being animal abusers", I think.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12613433/

Based on five case studies of serial murderers, we contribute to the existing literature by exploring the possible link between childhood cruelty toward animals and serial murder with the application of the graduation hypothesis.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, MigL said:

The only serious part of my post was the 'grow up' part.

I should always include laughing emojis when I attempt humor.
( like bad TV comedies that need a laugh track )

On 3/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, Phi for All said:

Me too, I guess.

Depends on the joke. It's hard to find a good balance between no emojis and too much of them. The people of my generation use them far too much for my liking. If I wanted to learn how to read pictures, I'd take up ancient Egyptian. (A good example of a joke that requires no emojis.) Jokes born of a dark sense of humour require a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jori Gervasio R. Benzon said:

I'm new here. I appreciate the physical sciences, biology, psychology, the social sciences, and philosophy. I also like my house to be as empty as possible.

Me, too.  But I married a packrat (a hoarder, if that English slang is not familiar) - what can I do?  Perhaps we will have a thread on keeping houses as empty as possible.  In any case, welcome!

• 1 month later...

Hi New  here interested in learning philosophy and other subjects i live in Edinburgh, Scotland Not done learning for a long time due to mental health  but would like to know more about the universe and maybe debate meaning of existence , i do have issues to spelling and Grammar  i hope It's OK to be here 

2 hours ago, Existential Dreams said:

i hope It's OK to be here 

As long as you're human, you're very welcome here. You get 5 posts on your first day (anti-bot measure), so don't think we're blocking you. Glad to have you and hope to see you tomorrow. 

• 5 months later...

Hello, my name is Kane.

I like to learn, and always have.

I love to question things I observe, and even things I read about.

Sometimes I do get confused from the scope of things, and with little understanding of what I read, comes with a million and one different question.

It's also worth mentioning at this point that, I have Asperger, or are otherwise on the spectrum for autism.  

Just remember, if I question things or something, I am only trying to make sense of it and not dismiss anything or claim I know more about the subject. 

I ask questions if I'm confused or curious on why something is or behaves the way it does. I love Physics but know very little about it. 

Be Gentle to me here on the forums 😅

20 minutes ago, TheCuriousMind said:

Hello, my name is Kane.

I like to learn, and always have.

I love to question things I observe, and even things I read about.

Sometimes I do get confused from the scope of things, and with little understanding of what I read, comes with a million and one different question.

It's also worth mentioning at this point that, I have Asperger, or are otherwise on the spectrum for autism.  

Just remember, if I question things or something, I am only trying to make sense of it and not dismiss anything or claim I know more about the subject. 

I ask questions if I'm confused or curious on why something is or behaves the way it does. I love Physics but know very little about it. 

Be Gentle to me here on the forums 😅

Questions are awesome! Questions spark great discussions where everybody gets to learn something. Bring 'em on, and welcome!

Hello! 

Um....I love trees and I hug them regularly. I love birds just as much, but they don't let me hug them. I'm a life-long learner and I've been crazy about nature ever since I was a little girl. And that immediately led to a love of science. I've attended a few universities for biology and environ. sci., but never got that degree, mostly because even though I'm approaching middle age, I still have no idea what I really want to do with myself! I thought I wanted to go into teaching, but the pandemic made me nope out of that program. 

So I'm here to talk all things science with y'all. I'm a lone nerd out here. :) 

In high school I did poorly in physics and chemistry.   In college at CSULA I had wonderful professors for beginning Physics and Oceanography so I did very well in Physics and Oceanography.  Good teachers are more valuable than we can imagine!

Neil deGrasse Tyson for president!  However, Neil said he would not want to be president.  He would rather educate people to vote based on facts rather than emotions.

Edited by Airbrush

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, zapatos said:

Welcome! And no issue with the language. We'll do our best.

I'm sorry that I have a bad knowledge of English. Does this sound funny? A person is interested in science but does not know English. The thing is, I even speak my own language with mistakes sometimes. I have a mild form of dyslexia. I'm glad you understood me. I'll write myself a signature if I find out how to do it.

• 1 month later...