The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Guest SkepticJ

I'm 19. I have loved science and technology since I was a little kid. Some kids watched Power Rangers, I watched Beyond 2000 and Invention. :)

I like comedy movies and the pitifully few good SF movies. I like to draw and am studying to become a professional photographer.

Im nave.. thats my name backwords... cool huh? yeah i like blowing things up and making things better by hacking them(like computer stuff). I think we should have a forum on like stuff u hacked(not necessarly computer) and glitches you found. :) oh yeah im 15

My name is microx. (Pronounced micro-ehks, not mycrocks. *He he* I like...I...I LUV CHEESE! I LUV CHEESE! Bwahahahahaha! CHEESE! My, the cheese tastes good. I also like to write poems:

"Wind"

Oh, how the wind.

It blows from afar,

and thy shall not know;

but of windy,

and stuffs.

Guest Miranda

Miranda here, I am a paranormal investigator who hopes that someday science will look at the evidence with an unbiased eye.

I hunt ghosts. I use the most scientific approach that I possibly can. I use technical equipment to locate anomalous energies, and rule out all natural possibilities before concluding that a place is genuinely "haunted".

(Watch the show "Ghost Hunters" on Sci-Fi for an idea of what I do.)

Anyone with paranormal questions, I am the one to ask.

Miranda here, I am a paranormal investigator who hopes that someday science will look at the evidence with an unbiased eye.

It's not that science is biased - it's that the evidence is, unfortunately, not very good.

People in your field (and I'm obviously not saying you do this, as I have no reason to assume it) have a tendency to try and present evidence 'of something happening' to satisfy the question of why it is happening, which is unhelpful at best.

What really annoys me is when they have self-styled psychic investigators on TV shows, who prowl around darkened houses while running through the entire gamut of emotional reaction, then describe in detail the personal life, times and demise of a Mrs Lucille DuBois, who lived in the house in the late Eighteenth Century. Then the presenters say something like "oooh, there you go viewers. Conclusive proof."

That really doesn't do the field any favours.

I will be graduating from West Point on May 28th 2005 with a Nuclear Engineering degree. I love science and math which ultimately led to my choice of Engineering as a Major. I also love to learn. I am in the Engineer Branch of the Army with the rank of 2LT as of May 28th 05. Great to meet you all!

Fischhaber

Go Army

Branch: EN

Hi My name is Steve, I'm from Lake Mary Florida. I will be attending the University of Central Florida in early 2006, And I will be enrolling in their Forensic Science B.S. program, One of 6 accredited in the nation. I am 19, and I consider myself proficient in general biology, chemistry, and psychology. I happened upon this forum by accident, and i've been glued to it with no hope of ever leaving. I also work for an Acura dealer, and I modify import cars as a hobby.

My name is (not) MagicMoose though i would love to have it...

I'm 16, High School student (sophmore, thank you) and i love it!

I live in the densist state in the great U.S. and i must say, the people who live here don't know what the word "DISPERSE" means. when i grow up i want to be a theoretical physicist/musician. (because i love musak, and math is actually my favorite hobby :)

---whoops! too much info.

Guest multiplasma

hi...im multiplasma..im only 13 years old but i find science terrible interesting .. but im not that good at school ..well im from belgium ... euuhhmmnn..

Hello!

I am very nerdy, and I like science (especially the kinds that I cant quite wrap my mind around). Although I have to admit my passions are really in religion and philosophy.

I live in the US, people know me for having one of those very eccentric personalities, and I really admire the work of people who debunk quack medicine and other kinds of pseudoscience.

All the best :)

HI This is me as my user name probably showz im confused about evry thing especiallly science even doh an doin A levels in all 3 sciencez in london :confused:

well im sure nobdy carez neway

but god forbid ma dumbness

dumb me choosing hard subjects wen i cud be doin suming very simple , but i wanted to do science y duznt ne1 get that!

well we'l c how much help i get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxx

Guest overcharged

Hey!

Newbie, here. I listed my username as "overcharged", but really, there is two parts to it....

Part II would be "and UNDERPAID"!!!!

But, such is life.

Guest Dr. Avery

Hello,

My name is Dr. Avery. I am a musician, a composer, a computer geek, and an armchair scientist. When brought up in daily conversation, science is generally regarded with the same esteem as a dead sea otter. As such, I have turned to the internet, and ultimately this site.

The sciences I am most interested in are Astronomy, Physics, Biology, Psychology / Sociology, Music Theory, Comedy (the least respected science), Mathematics, Logic, and Cosmology.

<shameless plug>

For those interested, some of my orchestral work can be found at Here

</shameless plug>

I look forward to meeting you all,

Dr. Avery

Pax Vobiscum.

The sciences I am most interested in are Astronomy, Physics, Biology, Psychology / Sociology, Music Theory, Comedy (the least respected science)[/b'], Mathematics, Logic, and Cosmology.
Welcome, doc. Be sure to check out the Official Joke thread in General Discussion. Read them all and add any that we've missed, keeping in mind our younger members. :D