The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, i'm just a random person that likes to think about the universe & make theories. Though be warned, as I am new at this so most of my theories will have a lot of flaws, which is why I would love feedback on any of my posts. I also might post or reply other content, despite my username.

• 1 month later...

Forgot to say hello. I'm Joss, I teach Physics, Maths, Chemistry and English @ some academy in Spain. They sometimes make me teach Bio and Spanish, because they somehow assume I must know everything. I'm a theoretical physicist. My alter ego is Sisyphus.

PD: I love Yogi Berra quotes

Edited by joigus
addition

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody

I'm Dord

I've been around the block, and would say that I'm worldly-wise and inquisitive but lack the abilty to grasp fully the concepts outside of my 3D world.  I've been reading this forum for a while and 99% of what's said goes over my head but is very interesting nonetheless.  (When I Google what people are saying, more often than not I have to re-Google the results to try and dumb it down to my level.)

All this may go towards explaining some of my future posts which will probably end up in the Trash Can!

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I will try not to interfere too much.

Edited by Dord

Welcome, and interfere as much as you like.
Open minds are always welcome.

You might learn a few things from our more knowledgeable members.
And a few of us might learn some things from your insights.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I’m Mary, officially employed to write software by day and studying Physics and Maths by night. Any spare time I do have is usually spent roaming the British countryside on a Horse. Looking forward to talking to everyone.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

Just jumped aboard the bandwagon in the form of 1's and 0's expressed as a random assortment of lines and curves which are amazingly given meaning in your brain.

.... The world's an amazing place :D

Simply on a quest for understanding/ knowledge.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Hazard00 said:

Hello Everyone

Just jumped aboard the bandwagon in the form of 1's and 0's expressed as a random assortment of lines and curves which are amazingly given meaning in your brain.

.... The world's an amazing place :D

Simply on a quest for understanding/ knowledge.

Thanks

Welcome Hazard! Hope you enjoy the ride!

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, Phi for All said:

This is actually a prerequisite. We don't allow people who know everything. You're very welcome here. ⚛️👨‍🔬

Well even so, let us know if anyone who knows everything joins. I imagine myself and the rest of humanity will have a lot of questions for them!

Hello all! I'm MSC. You'll mostly see me in the philosophy and ethics section. I'll also be visiting psychology, sociology, linguistics and physics. 

Hope to have many collaborative and fruitful conversations here. :)

Edited by MSC
Correction

Hello people!

Asheekay from Pakistan. I have been a chemistry nerd since school and ended up landing here while searching on Mother Google for WhatsApp groups for hobbyist chemistry fans (spoiler: there aren't any).

In my free time I write encryption algorithms, read about dinosaurs or astronomy and play bughouse chess.

I hope I'd learn a lot from geeks here. Asheekay out.

1 hour ago, Asheekay said:

Hello people!

Asheekay from Pakistan. I have been a chemistry nerd since school and ended up landing here while searching on Mother Google for WhatsApp groups for hobbyist chemistry fans (spoiler: there aren't any).

In my free time I write encryption algorithms, read about dinosaurs or astronomy and play bughouse chess.

I hope I'd learn a lot from geeks here. Asheekay out.

Congratulations, that's officially an introduction... 😉

Welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...

I am a math PhD student. To be honest, I very few friends, and none near me geographically, and no social media and I found this forum to hopefully find some like-minded people to socialize with.

I really underestimated how much the occasional chess game in my department's lounge mattered. After school went online, I just never talk to anyone anymore unless I'm teaching a calc workshop, which doesn't exactly count as socializing. I'm not even taking any classes myself, and just working on research all the time. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, I specialize in differential geometry and mathematical physics. I love chess, reading about insects like ants, and long-distance backpacking (although I rarely get the chance to hike much less backpack these days!).

I hope to get to know some people here!

29 minutes ago, Rinakra said:

Hello...

I am a math PhD student. To be honest, I very few friends, and none near me geographically, and no social media and I found this forum to hopefully find some like-minded people to socialize with.

I really underestimated how much the occasional chess game in my department's lounge mattered. After school went online, I just never talk to anyone anymore unless I'm teaching a calc workshop, which doesn't exactly count as socializing. I'm not even taking any classes myself, and just working on research all the time. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, I specialize in differential geometry and mathematical physics. I love chess, reading about insects like ants, and long-distance backpacking (although I rarely get the chance to hike much less backpack these days!).

I hope to get to know some people here!

Welcome! Good to have you here. You officially have some social media now. 

I'm an inadvertent long-distance backpacker. I go backpacking, get lost, and have to call long-distance for someone to come pick me up. But when I lose my mind, I usually find it on a hiking trail. Make the time, my friend. See you around.

52 minutes ago, Rinakra said:

Anyway, I specialize in differential geometry and mathematical physics.

Wouldn't it be nice to get AJB back, that's his field.

Please note the ability of this site to do subscript and superscript

This is unusual even in scientific and maths forums.

Look for the x2 and x2 on the entry editor tool bar.

Edited by studiot