The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I am a Ph.D. candidate with a theoretical physics background, wanting to pursue his Ph.D. research in situations the small fields dosimetry and radiation transportation using Monte Calo techniques. I have a M.Sc degree in Mathematical Sciences form African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Senegal(2014). Additionally, I have a M.Sc degree in Theoretical Nuclear Physics for Assiut University, Egypt(2018). I am seeking to contact with experts researchers in using MC toolkits, particularly Geant 4 and EGSnrc. 

My previous research interest was modeling the quark-antiquark interactions in quark model frameworks using the phenomenological ingredients of Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD). To know more about my previous research publication, please visit my "ResearchGate" link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohamed_Ali95

Edited by M. S. ALI
Change my style

HI!!! I'm Sci-Man and I haven't gone to college yet i'm 14 and in 8th grade currently. My favorite areas of science (I don't like just one) are quantum mechanics, biology, chemistry, psychology, and physics. I have a lot of ideas that sorta make sense and I really want to pursue my dreams and become a scientist whose name will go down with all of the other greats. I don't really know what else to say so i'm going to stop now.

I am new to these forums, I plan on being here to collaborate with other individuals who are good with physics and science in order for me to understand space-time fully.

I am currently planning on posting a large question regarding a space-time related issue that has plagued my mind since mid-late 2018 which results in me fearing death as a result of traumatic circumstances in my childhood and a traumatic circumstance on the first day of 2018 and in mid-late 2018. 

But overall, I am not on these forums for help with any school work as I have already finished school, however, I do feel rather late on the science bandwagon due to me being too traumatised for 4.5 years to be motivated to continue with the subjects I once rather enjoyed, those subjects being Art, Computer Generated Imagery, Maths, and Science.

Pleased to meet you all and I hope to get the perfect answer to my question, as well as collaborate on some goals I have that require Science, and Mathematics.

Replies to this thread are much appreciated.

- .Atomic_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all. I'm Pikaia. My area of interest is biology, and as you may have gathered from my username, I'm particularly fascinated with palaeobiology (especially anything to do with the Cambrian Explosion). I also really enjoy learning about entomology, evolutionary biology, marine biology and cell biology. Hope we can have some good discussions together! 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Well please allow me to introduce myself. I am a known mathematicians for years and I like playing with concepts regarding "modern" physics and their tautologies. Right now I am an young man with lots of ideas..but little laurels.

2 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

I'm an aspiring author and I play pool. 

My interests are thinking out of the box.

I believe theres a lot undiscovered in life. 

This is me. 

Welcome! Thinking outside the box is admirable, but first one must be familiar with what is inside the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm the Noobusing I'm just gonna post from my web alias because I'm afraid of the smart police. I like invention and the sciences Lasers, teaching-tech, experiment design.

If a portal generator could be used as the media to quantum network a quantum computer node so it can transfer qbits and a particle laser could be used to measure geometry or dilations on the event horizon of a black hole, could a the two be used constitute the receiving end of the generated portal at directed coordinates? Possibly to amplify back light waves? 

We could use feedback from a grid of lasers to make a virtually longer telescope. Or we could put a grounding source behind one or more portal generators and use multiple imaging sensors on the other side to produce a lensing effect but that would require shielding...

Anyway my head is full of this and I like being able to chat with people who understand.

Edited by noobusing

• 1 month later...

I don't have anything ultimately grand to talk about in the sciences like a P.H.D. but I love science as it has always been a prime interest of mine and perhaps in a perfect world I would've become a scientist. I thought perhaps since my life is only half over I got enough time to get a proper degree for a high paying job in a scientific market, specifically I was thinking "Pharmacist" but I won't make a definite decision on that for another 5 years, depending on how my life works out till then. No chance to become a world famous physicist or anything like that, a bit too late, but science it will be my final profession.

I always followed science all the way back before my other interests and I consider my first scientific experiment to be when I was about 9 or 10 years old. Before then I had a problem with sticking foreign objects into power sockets, knocking out the power to the house several times and getting knocked out once when I stuck a dinner fork in there. I woke up in my mothers arms and my younger sister standing over me, both crying because they thought I was going to die. Burnt the carpet and my shirt that time.

I was eventually trained to stop sticking objects in light sockets and was given countless stacks of National Geographics and this animal card box set made in the 1970s that my father had collected when he was a kid filled with hundreds of photo cards with tons of information on them about each animal. Eventually when I was old enough to leave the house alone I started going to the library and checked out a few hundred science books and paranormal books and anything on Mars, which was my biggest interest then. I remember being fascinated with this book about the crystal skulls and this other book written by Von Daniken. I remained skeptical though and didn't accept fringe science like true science but read all there was at the library on both sides of that fence anyway. My grandmother was a retired librarian so books were sort of always there and second nature. Nowadays you rarely ever see people reading books.

I got hooked on my aunts science magazine subscription to the point she would hide them till she was finished with them because I would read them for hours and wrinkle up the pages. There were a couple awesome publications that were discontinued, I cant remember what they were called. But NOVA was one of my favorites.

These days I read a lot of science articles on the internet and follow casually but not really with specialized interest except for neuroscience which I consider sort of a hobby to learn. I don't know my IQ and I don't have a college education but like my grandfather told me "there's a difference between education and intelligence". I noticed this board is filled with real scientists and not deluded UFO hunters so thats why I joined.

:)

Edited by Art Man

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello I'm currently in my last year of highschool, and interested in chemistry/biology fields. Though I've limited knowledge, I hope to expand that knowledge and thought this seemed like a good place to hangout and that's pretty much it. (I'm not great at intros)