The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I only relised this page is here so...

My name is Jordan and they is someone else on the site called Jordan as well, great people are called alike.

I'm 15 interested in Quantum Physics, physics as a whole, philosophy, maths (mechanics and desicion, not stats thats boring).

So there you go. Oh! and i lived in England

I'm a 16 year old chick interested in science, I really don't know what as I haven't really explored chemistry or physics yet.... Finishing up Bio II right now. Reading this book called Great Ideas in Physics by Alan Lightman. I got alot of family in science... grandparents were a pharmacist and neurologist, my grandma's brother is a medical professor at Harvard, then their kids... I got an uncle whos a orthepedic surgeon and his wife, whos a nurse anesthetist, another uncle in computer science and a married into the family uncle who's an engineer. Fun stuff. My dad used to volunteer in the operating room until he decided to go into business.

I hope to become some sort of physician with a healthy blend of science and math credentials to enjoy learning. Other things I enjoy doing are electric guitar and working out. Don't really have any friends since I screwed my life up with skipping school and drugs... so I go to school in a city about 40 minutes from home. But it's cool, I'm doing better with myself.

If you want to look into the daily mess of my life go into my profile and read my blog. I use it for daily thoughts and I look back at it sometimes to really see how I've been improving and maturing.

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Gerald Armstrong the owner of Gen Cells Cures a biotech dedicated to finding "The Cure" for incurable diseases and aging. Beating and defeating incurable disease. We are focused on stem cell research, somatic cell nuclear transfer, and genomics. Introducing to the world, the miracle of private, personalized medical research for the individual. In other words if you are suffering from a certain form of cancer, for example, we tackle your problem from every scientific angle until we find your cure, ("The Cure." ) be it cancer or one of the many other incurable diseases. We provide individual, private, personalized medical research for you. I am passionate about molecular biology and what we can do with science to find ugently needed cures (The Cure) for those people suffering from aging and incurable diseases.

Yes I wished I had more time to hang out here at this science site also, however I am always at my michroscope looking for "the cure". Gerald Armstrong the owner of gen Cells Cures. Who do you know who is looking for the cure? Our enemy is incurable disease...

I'm Zach, I'm a high school senior from Long Island. I'm interested in the biological sciences, I've done some reseach at Stony Brook University, to discover conditions that certain virulence factors are expressed in uropathogenetic E. coli, usefull knowledge for urinary tract infections.

Guest celtic ride

Dear Philbo, if you like parodies you should try to get your hands on anything by The Draylon Underground. Very comic/sardonic/ironic. They are an English

classically trained quartet.

Best regards...celtic ride.

First of all hello! You have a very nice site and I can't wait to start posting (and polemics, why not :D ).

About me...well, my real name is Dragos, I'm sixteen and live in Romania, Eastern Europe. I'm at an computers college in my home town so it's logical I'm very interested in science&tehnology, but I also like very much to talk about religion&philosphy.

That's all for now, see you soon!

So much to discuss..so little time. Have not decided yet which forum is right for my first subject?? I'm an outside the Boxer. Will be offering alternative views and am especially interested in members near me in Portland Oregon for experiments! Not the dangeous kind...really. Over the phone kind. Will be using Albert for avitar cause I be old one and not cause I have any illusions that 'I R a gemius' or anything. Will enjoy picking some brains here.

gpdone

So much to discuss..so little time. Have not decided yet which forum is right for my first subject?? I'm an outside the Boxer. Will be offering alternative views and am especially interested in members near me in Portland Oregon for experiments! Not the dangeous kind...really. Over the phone kind. Will be using Albert for avitar cause I be old one and not cause I have any illusions that 'I R a gemius' or anything. Will enjoy picking some brains here.

gpdone

I live right next door, up in Northern Idaho, Coeur'd Alene to be precise. Oregon is a beautiful place (although I am not to fond of Portland, I dislike cities). Did alot of work landscaping in Medland after highschool.

PM me with some information about these "experiments" I am curious.

Anyways welcome to the boards!

Guest iamunique42

Hi all, I'm appearing to be the newest member at the time of my joining (go figure) thus I enter into your wonderful forums like a flaming sack of crap enters the unsuspecting old lady's lawn, not that I in any way encourage that sort of malicious behavior. Anyway, I do a little of this and that but I'm mainly into sci-fi comics and games and I lead cadets in the Air Force Auxilliary by teaching them Aeronautics and Avionics. I guess that's all there is for me to say about me. I found this site pondering that light escaping the universe question on Google.

Well, have a nice life and I'm so glad that you're not dead!

third year student in a school of electrical and electronics engineering. Interests in control theory and doing a little research in photodiodes at the moment. I had much interest in physics back in highschool, and hope to be contributing to the liveliness of this community :)

cya around

Hey im Jason :D , I have mostly an interest in discoveries in the final fronteer, have been around alot of ufo forums infact over the past year because of my longing for the first discovery of ETL (but those guys are far too way out for me :eek: to take anymore).:D I'm pretty well interesed in all areas of science though.

:)

Hi, I'm Kira. I'm not used to one long welcome thread. I am slightly intimidated by physics and advanced math which combined with now now greater interest in those and chemistry which I fell in love with last spring combined with my declining interest in biology which I was always better at have resulted in me not being a science major. Environmental health has been an issue in my family, so I hold a strong interest in that. I really want to go to grad school one day, but it will be hard to pay for.

Since "Hello" threads are a waste of space and very boring, I'll just jump right into the community. First, let me tell you a little bit about myself:

• I'm young
  • I love science, physics and philosophy (not a science exactly, bleh)
  • I'm a proverbial forum 'vet'

So, I hope I enjoy this community!

Now here's a topic ;) :

Ezines and the majority of blogs have become tiresome in my opinion.

i never read ezines and blog anyway.. i dont know what purpose they serve

Well, one could deduct that the purpose of ezines was to entertain and to inform, just like printed magazines. . . :)

And blogs, well. . . They don't really serve much purpose. I guess that you could read them to learn about other walks of life, so to speak.