Survey For Sci Proj, Will Only Take A Min

Guest ordinarydays

Guest ordinarydays

Hey y'all. I hafta do a science fair project for my Bio class so I'm trying to find a link between hair and eye color.

PLEASE READ:

THIS SURVEY IS FOR CAUCASIANS(which i'm defining as being of EUROPEAN DESCENT)ONLY!! not being racist or anything like that, this is just the easiest way to do it and get reliable results. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE HONEST!! It's realllly important.

To everyone who fills this out: THANKS, I LOVE YA!!

1. Age?

2. Gender?

3. Where do you live?

4. Natural hair color?

5. Natural eye color?

6. Do you dye your hair(what color)? Or what do you want your hair color to be?(you don't have to pick a different color)

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color)

8. Heritage? ex. Swedish, German, etc.

1. Age?

2. Gender?

male

3. State?

Massachusetts

4. Natural hair color?

light brown

5. Natural eye color?

blue

6. Do you dye your hair(what color)? Or what do you want your hair color to be?(you don't have to pick a different color)

no. none.

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color)

no. none.

oh boy! Swedish, German,Polish, Russian, English, Irish, Norwegian, Finnish, Swiss, Austrian. Basically all the european/scandinavian countries.

1. Age?

2. Gender?

Male

3. State?

New York

4. Natural hair color?

Brown

5. Natural eye color?

Brown

No

No

Eastern European (Polish, Lithuanian, Russia, Germany)

1. Age?

2. Gender?

male

3. State?

Indiana

4. Natural hair color?

brown

5. Natural eye color?

brown and green. circles of brown and green with spikes connecting them.

no

no

Aryan. no, i am native american, irish, scottish, arminian, and some other things i can't remember at the moment.

1. Age? 55

2. Gender? Female

3. State? Virginia

4. Natural hair color? Not sure - it was muddy brown the last time I saw it, it probably has a fair amount of grey now.

5. Natural eye color? Hazel

6. Do you dye your hair(what color)? Or what do you want your hair color to be?(you don't have to pick a different color) I have it highlighted with foils so it appears to be light brown/blonde. (Look at the avatar - that's me)

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color) I don't wear contacts at all, I would like them to be greener.

8. Heritage? ex. Swedish, German, etc. English - both sides. My mother came here from England, my 8th grandfather back on my father's side was a Mayflower passenger.

Caucasian is the politically correct term for "White."

1. Age?

2. Gender?

Male

3. State?

Connecticut

4. Natural hair color?

Brown

5. Natural eye color?

Blue

No, none.

No, none.

Pennsylvania Dutch (basically German), Italian, English

1. Age? - 16

2. Gender? - Female

3. State? - Kentucky

4. Natural hair color? - Brown with reddish highlights (no kidding)

5. Natural eye color? - Hazel

6. Do you dye your hair? - Used to streak with highlights, now I leave it natural. My avatar is me.

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color) - I wear natural contacts.

8. Heritage? - Italian (Thus my name)

I'm British as well, so here are my answers if you want them:

1. Age: 22

2. Gender: male

4. natural hair colour: blonde/reddish (depends on time of year - gets redder in the winter)

5. natural eye colour: blue-green

6. do you dye your hair: no

7. do you have coloured contacts: no

8. heritage: one of my grandparents is Irish, I know one of my great-grandparents was Scottish, and if you go back enough there's some French in my family (the theory is that they came over to Britain during the salt tax. If anyone has read 'The Count of Monte Cristo' my family's name is mentioned in Ch. 24, 'Smugglers', though the spelling is a bit different now the pronouncitation is the same.)

1. Age?

2. Gender?

Male

3. State?

Florida

4. Natural hair color?

Brown

5. Natural eye color?

Blue

Past colors: Bleach. Present color -Black Wish it was black ;)

No, I love them blue

Czech all the way baby

Guest ordinarydays
what is "caucasian"? im british should i do it? i am of european descent.

hey. I wish you could reply but I don't know if I'm allowed to revise my project. I don't quite remember why I said it was only for u.s. citizens(i have a bad memory, I don't quite remember most of my thoughts for this project were so now I have to spend the next few days thinking again lol) but if you want to reply maybe I could revise it and use your post, that'd be great. And sorry it took so long to get back to you, i was on vacation.

Guest ordinarydays
You mean show[/i'] the link. And what does country of origin have to do with your genes?

yea...kinda not sure exactly, but I think what it was was that I wanted a wide vareity of answers and it didn't seem like people from Asia or Africa would have that

1. Age? - 16 (almost anyway!)

2. Gender? - Male

3. State? - London

4. Natural hair color? - Brown

5. Natural eye color? - Brown

6. Do you dye your hair? - No

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color) - No contacts, no glasses

8. Heritage? - English

1. Age? 17

2. Gender? Male

3. Where do you live? SK, Canada

4. Natural hair color? Dark Brown

5. Natural eye color? Hazel

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be? Green

8. Heritage? Mostly Ukrainian, with a bit of German.

1. Age? 19

2. Gender? Female

3. Where do you live? New Brunswick, Canada

4. Natural Hair Colour? Brown with some red in the summer

5. Natural Eye Colour? Brown

I have dyed it before (golden brown). I would like my hair to be a darker, chestnut colour brown

Just clear contacts, and I like the brown

8. Heritage? Not too sure, but there's some French, and some Brittish, and a little German

I wonder if Finns count. :)) We're a very odd bunch of people, but here goes:

1. Age? - 16 (born on 13.4. 1988)

2. Gender? - Male

3. State? - Err... Länsi-Suomi or Western Finland

4. Natural hair color? - Blonde

5. Natural eye color? - Grayish-green

6. Do you dye your hair? - No way, I'm a proud blonde, at least currently :)

7. Do you have colored contacts? Or what color would you prefer your eyes to be?(you don't have to pick a different color) - No glasses, but I'd like red-black contacts though, but that's just to scare the hell out of annoying kids

8. Heritage? - Some ancestors were Germans if I remember correctly (and my surname used to be Heidenstrauch which is a rather German name :P)

1. Age? 27

2. Gender? M

3. Where do you live? Yorkshire, UK

4. Natural hair color? Dark brown

5. Natural eye color? Light Blue

6. Do you dye your hair(what color)? Nope, but I am going grey so I guess that counts as a change of colour.

7. Do you have colored contacts? No, but bizarrely my eyes can go from strong blue to grey dependent on conditions/ vitamins / exercise. I know not why :D

8. Heritage? Ango Saxon (English) 1/2, Scottish (Norse Decent) 1/4, Jewish (tribe, not faith) 1/4.