Is everything infinite?

Tekniqk

Is all matter infinite? Is matter impossible to take out of existence? Does matter change state at quantumn levels? Is light a form of matter? If all is infinite, what is the need for time? Can all these questions be statements?

1. Do you mean like "Are there infinite amounts of matter in the Cosmos?"

2. Not posible (although you could anihilate all the matter in the cosmos and convert it to energy.)

3. Depends on what you mean.

4. No. Light is a form energy (part of the EM spectrum)

5. Need for time? Impossible to answer. Space,time,matter and energy don't exist because they are needed,it's simply the way it is.

The universe wasn't created so we could understand it. It is just the way it is and we can only do our best in trying to figure it out.

In the end,nothing is infinite except the universe itself(and even it is changing)

1. I don't mean quantity. I mean it's existence or lifespan.

2. So is energy matter in another form? And if so, can it revert back?

3. I mean that it changes to a state or form that we do not yet have the knowledge to understand.

4. This goes back to 2. Could it all be the same thing in different forms or state? Photon-energy-matter

5. If something is infinite then it would have no age or time.

1. I don't mean quantity. I mean it's existence or lifespan.

2. So is energy matter in another form? And if so, can it revert back?

3. I mean that it changes to a state or form that we do not yet have the knowledge to understand.

4. This goes back to 2. Could it all be the same thing in different forms or state? Photon-energy-matter

5. If something is infinite then it would have no age or time.

1. You can collide matter with anti-matter, thus making the net matter 0. All that's left is the energy the pieces of matter converted into, so in a way no matter isn't necessarily infinite. There's also the case of whatever black holes do.

2. In some sense yes, you can make energy from mass and mass from energy.

3. States such as solids, liquids and gases cannot be defined by a single atom, they are properties of how groups of atoms behave. Otherwise I don't know what you mean, otherwise we know of a few different states beyond the traditional 3, it's possible there's a few more to be discovered.

4. In a sense, but it's not that simple. Matter and light can be thought of as waves of probability, but they have properties not like waves or not like classical objects at all and we have not been able to find a single equation that can prove all particles are interchangeable with each other.

5. That doesn't exactly make sense

• 2 weeks later...

everything in the universe has not got well defined boundary. so nothing is isolated .Even the electron is boundless,the well defined relation related to mass distribution is such that practically the whole mass of electron is confined to tiny volume of space and as the distance from centre increases the mass distribution density falls very rapidly and becomes so less that it can be ignored Ideally dimensions of everything that is manifested are infinite. No one knows what is electron, it is said that it is just a point. Assembly of large number of points result in point which shows that it impossible to get bulk form of matter .Actually electron and photon have got well defined internal structures with infinite dimensions.