the mercury plasma ion propulsion engine

robomont

oh boy.plasma flowing through a steel pipe .magnetizes the pipe because plasma is electrons.the right hand rule applies.the coil is spiral shaped and the magnetic field is pulling the ionized air down and under .like a solenoid pulls a metal sleeve.

the energy from a mercury vapor is in many frequencies.not just infrared.alot of it is ultraviolet.which tends to ionize.so it is possible to not melt a container.

thats what bothers me.you guys know the answer but dont spill it.any first year physics student knows that.yet you guys can crunch big numbers.somethings fishy.

How much UV at 10 eV do you think there is? If that's what you consider a plasma, then the atmosphere around you is a plasma.

oh boy.plasma flowing through a steel pipe .magnetizes the pipe because plasma is electrons.the right hand rule applies.the coil is spiral shaped and the magnetic field is pulling the ionized air down and under .like a solenoid pulls a metal sleeve.

The plasma isn't electrons. The plasma is electrons and positive ions. You've described an electrically neutral plasma.

i thought we were talking magnetic fields.now back to ionization.

10ev x ? amps= more ionization.just googled it.

Just googled what?

an electrical wire creates a magnetic field and it has positrons ?

Where the hell did "positrons" come from?

any first year physics student knows that.yet you guys can crunch big numbers.somethings fishy.

Quick guys, cheese it! He's on to us! He's figured out that science is about crunching fishy numbers. And he knows you guys are hoarding all the magic solenoids for yourselves. It has nothing to do with just stringing together random sciencey words and getting upset when you aren't immediately lauded as a great mind. no sir-ee.

All facetiousness aside, robomont, it is incredibly unclear what you are talking about what you are asking. People have been trying their best to help you, but there is a significant communication breakdown. I am sure that we all could communicate better, but in this thread, the breakdown is largely your not making much sense at all. I think you need to be a lot clearer about what you are talking about, and answer direct questions, like what coil are you talking about, and what exactly do you think a magic solenoid is. Getting upset at us because you aren't communicating well is a strategy that will not get you very far.

im building a prototype in august.ive got angel investers.what im doing now is refining the theory to improve performance.thats why i wanted a nerd to do the math for me.rather than just slapping something together.the construction will go forward regardless.the date has been set.im just offering a spot in the glory.no takers .no problem.the build will go on.

if i havent defined the parameters enough then ask me anything.right now it will be three ft. tall .the amount of mercury will be 1/2lb.the internal space will be approximatly 15cubic ft.the coil will be hydraulic half inch steel tubing.a vacuum will be pulled and 1kw from an electric hotplate will be applied..the main collumn will be exaust tubing and the boiler on bottom and ball on top will be freon tanks .pollished and welded to column.the coil windings will tap in the column at te halfway point and the other end at the boiler.i hope this info helps.any of these statements can be modified to be more practical if the math to proves it.time is ticking.and august isnt far away.

Speaking as a person who in their youth had done some pretty stupid and dangerous things with little regard for those who's home and property could have suffered damage. (this would be my parents and their neighbors) not to mention the legal liabilities involved, have you considered the cost of decontaminating a home or neighboring properties of mercury. They have convicted and imprisoned violators of the environmental regulations that you will most likely be breaking. Mercury clean up involves bagging and removing contaminated materials (house) and soil to specific disposal sites. Maybe you should do a quick cost analysis before proceeding.

in the bottom of a strip mine before it is refilled.

one half lb of mercury is not much contamination and isnt a worry in a mercury filled mine.distant from any home unless it works : )

if this thread is confusing them somebody hasnt done their homework.especially havent reviewed the entire thread.i should not have to post the proof of articles and as of this moment i wont be coming back to this forum because i know the truth through my own research which was actually very easy.thanks for nothing and i have posted a review of this forum with the biggest forum in america.with people who respect my opinion instead of obfuscating the truth.basically.this forum has discredited itself .

I think he's been sniffing the mercury.

I hope his review of this forum includes a link to this thread. Those reading the review might find it very informative.

If he comes back he might realise that a plasma has + and - charged species so the magnetic field from moving one is exactly cancelled out by the field from moving the other.

Who knows, he might even answer the questions posed earlier.

I hope he has not and will not poison himself or anything else. I hope he is not deluded, and believes a cellar or garage is the bottom of a mine.

I wonder if the authorities should be notified. His posts might be traced via ip addresses.

Edited by EdEarl

I'm very curious, how would Texas handle the matter, EdEarl?

I do not know how Texas would handle the matter. I do not know whether state agencies have any capability to trace internet ip messages.

It is possible no authority will do anything, because a crime has not yet been committed and there has not been a terrorism threat. However, I am concerned that robomont will harm him/herself and/or someone else more than any potential property/environmental damage, as bad as that could be.

I would feel very bad if someone is hurt, and I was remiss in not doing anything if something could be done. The only thing I know to do is ask the question, "should authorities be notified."

IDK if it is related, but See: http://www.robomont.cz/

Edited by EdEarl

Do we have past experience of what Texas would do about someone destroying the environment on the basis of, at best, dubious science?

Come to think of it, they might elect him.

Seriously, if we report him, we set a precedent.

Come to think of it, they might elect him.

Unfortunately, that isn't funny. eyebrow.gif

They'd blame it all on evolution being taught in schools.

If you look hard, you might find a Texas school teaching evolution. redface.gif

Seriously, Texas is a modern place, they took down the hitching posts last year.

Edited by EdEarl

I hope he has not and will not poison himself or anything else. I hope he is not deluded, and believes a cellar or garage is the bottom of a mine.

I wonder if the authorities should be notified. His posts might be traced via ip addresses.

I have an image of the Mad Hatter character. Could we at least send him a top hat. That way we could make a positive I.D. from the cable news reports.

• 1 year later...

well i built it.i fired it up.it was grounding out.the coils ocillate.the occilation/resonance keeps the system out of equalibrium.photons are released out the top.which charge the air.then the pulses pull the photons down ,causing thrust.

the occilation in the magnetic coils is caused by opposing magnetic fields in the two dual wound coils.

after getting the bottom of unit to red hot.the top was cool to touch.the spiral wound tubes release almost all the heat.

the vacuum i pulled and continually checked with gages,held at 1 inch of mercury.even while heated.

so from what i see,levitation is possible using charge and a resonant magnetic field.or basically a mercury vapor magnetohydrodynamic thruster.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank the more reasonable posters on this subject. I found it a reasonably interesting read. As someone had presented me with this Mercury gravity drive system. Now that I understand the issues with Mercury plasma I find it highly likely it's a hoax as many of these "special drives" are. Oh for those first year physics students I just wanted to thank you for posting those physics secrets. Its real hard to keep secrets today with modern communications. Propaganda doesnt work as well as it did 40 years ago. Some never let conspiracies go though.

I like many want to believe in these systems because these systems would be real cool. I also understand it takes a lot just to bend a rule of physics. Let alone break it. I have come to the conclusion doubt what you heat until you get to play with it or reputable scientists say it is so.

@robomont Congratulations you have created Mercury vapor. So now you can create a florescent light. If you have really created anything. Pictures and videos would be interesting. You do have that ability dont you? This is the show me section of the internet. The information re this drive system states you need to use Mercury Plasma @ 150K or -189.67F also dont forget the 250,000 atmospheres or 3,673,987 PSI. You are not at the Plasma energy level yet and are missing a few things. I kind of think you are going to need a larger energy supply. Funny how can you get a plasma at -189.67F? at that temperature I think Mercury is fairly solid.

Just in case anyone was interested this is one of the many "secrets" that the government doesnt want us to know and that @robomont is referring to... He has been a little elusive about this.

http://www.rense.com/general30/yrb3.htm

Funny the secret is out? It seems if this was plausible Space X or Virgin Space program would be working on this.... All it takes is money and they have plenty of money.

Be very careful with the specific type or Mercury you are playing with. If it is the wrong type and you get it inside your body through your skin or breathing the vapor. In large enough quantity it can pass through the blood brain barrier and you can be dead within 6 months. Vinyl gloves are not effective barrier either. Unless you have lab quality respirators and containment equipment I would be very careful with Mercury vapor.

Oh here is some data to back up my statements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/dimethylmercury/dmmh.htm

Be very careful with the specific type or Mercury you are playing with. If it is the wrong type and you get it inside your body through your skin or breathing the vapor.

There is a "right" type?

(Or is this Poe's law in action...)

It may just be sloppy use of language. I'd put my hand in a beaker of mercury, but not in a beaker of dimethyl mercury.

Perhaps he considers dimethyl mercury to be the "wrong type"

Ah, yes, that makes sense. I was being over-literal. Again. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't complete the thought... Yes you are correct. Dimethyl mercury wrong type. Then again if the guy is creating mercury vapor... Well mercury poisoning is a very real possibility.

Being that my thought was incomplete Dimethyl mercury was the 'wrong type'. I guess I was lazy.

Although mercury poisoning is still mercury poisoning via mercury vapor or Dimethyl mercury.

• 4 weeks later...

I would first like to point out that this design would be horrendously ineffective because you would have to expend masses of energy in the first place to create significant pressure in a jet like turbine in order to actually create thrust through the expansion of a gas that is already moving, because much like a rocket no pressure equals no thrust, so you would have made a huge, expensive plasma-barbecue. This is a similar idea to one I had called plasma wings, which too would be very, very ineffective. I would also like to point out that the several thousand-year old technology thing would be very, very untrue because of the aforementioned no pressure equals no thrust, as well as the fact that the materials to build this would be beyond our grasp even today.

Good Idea, come back with a better design and we will see.

Edited by TJ McCaustland

• 2 months later...

well ill hold your hand through this,

the mercury gas turns into plasma at almost a vacuum ,just like a mercury vapor lamp.then any extra heat is to because the bandwith for mercury has almost no infrared.

this means it goes into overload like a mercury lamp bulb would if it didnt have a resistor.

the uv is absorbed by the iron and released on the outside of the iron.

a plumbbob is used for triboelectrification and a venturi is used below the plumbbob.

the top two tubes are spaced 7mm from tip of plumbob to short out at 10000vdc.this is what is the ignition source to get the plasma going.prior to that its a hot flowing gas.the unit is heated to a 1000c for extra ionization until unit ignites.

the plasma creates waves coming off the negative unit which causes it to occilate.

i hope that helps you shills some.

http://tapyoureit.boards.net/thread/22/robomonts-ufo-motor-notepad

here is my notepad with current design.and construction,updates and modifications.

it sure looks like a german saucer amplifikator.lol.

I think this thread has digressed into the twilight zone but I would like to add one thing, maybe nothing, but When I was a kid, we had a science club, we did lots of sciency stuff, built and flew rockets, manufactured colorful explosions with powdered metals, we build bridges over small streams, yes we used math. One thing that was stupid in hindsight was our fascination with mercury, a man who lived up the road shared our fascination and he had a thick glass jug that contained one gallon of mercury, we all pilfered a glass stoppered bottle from our schools chemistry lab and filled it half full of mercury and kept it in our rooms, it was our club symbol or something, but we were all exposed over and over to mercury.

Now 45 years later of the five of us all have had, have, or have died of cancer of one type or another, may be irrelevant but i often wonder if our exposure to the metal had anything to do with our health being compromised.

Don't play with the stuff kids, it's really dangerous...

Edited by Moontanman