I bring amongst you a sword

- Jesus Christ

All hope abandon, ye who enter here

- Gates to Hell

Don't speak, just die

- Dante

What luck for rulers that mortal man does not think

- Adolf Hitler

You having nothing to lose but your chains. Working men UNITE!

- The Communist Manifesto

...And at night, they feast

- James Bond

I am the State

-King Louis XIV

"That guy was crazy! Why'd he bite me!?"

- Truck driver from Resident Evil 2

"Napoleon, don't be jealous because I've been chatting online with babes, all day."

-Kip Dynamite

"Yeah right, which one of us knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

-Napoleon Dynamite

"I caught you a delicious bass"

-Napoleon Dynamite

"No amount of belief makes something fact."

-James Randi

"I believe we are on an irreverable trend towards freedom and democracy-but that could change."

-Danforth Quayle

"There ought to be limits to freedom"

-G.W. Bush

• 5 months later...

This could be for 'funny' quotes, like one of my favs:

"Can't we have just a little peril?"

"No. It's too perilous!"

"uh, that'll be enough music for now, lads."

"Some call me.................Tim."

(Holy Grail)

"I haven't spoken in 18 years!"

"Well if you could just keep quite for five more minutes..."

"Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah! It doesn't matter now, does it!"

"...anybody else feel like a little ....giggle?"

(Life of Brian)

"Friends!?!! We can make *friends* at home!"

(Eric the Viking)

"So we acquire a sense of self worth either by realizing our talents, or by keeping busy or by identifying ourselves with something apart from us - be it a cause, a leader, a group, possessions or whatnot. The path to self realization is the most difficult. Similarly, we have more faith in what we imitate than in what we originate. We cannot derive an absolute certitude from anything which has its roots in us. The most poignant sense of insecurity comes from standing alone and we are not alone when we imitate. It is thus with most of us; we are what other people say we are."

"What is the ultimate truth about ourselves? Various answers suggest themselves. We are a bit of stellar matter gone wrong. We are physical machinery - puppets that strut and talk and laugh and die as the hand of time pulls the strings beneath. But here is one elementary inescapable answer. We are that which asks the question. Whatever else there may be in our nature, responsibility towards truth is one of its attributes."

"In accumulating property for ourselves or our posterity, in founding a family or a state, or acquiring fame even, we are mortal; but in dealing with truth we are immortal, and need fear no change nor accident. The oldest Egyptian or Hindoo philosopher raised a corner of the veil from the statue of the divinity; and still the trembling robe remains raised, and I gaze upon as fresh a glory as he did, since it was I in him that was then so bold, and it is he in me that now reviews the vision. No dust has settled on that robe; no time has elapsed since that divinity was revealed. That time which we really improve, or which is improvable, is neither past, present, nor future."

Ah, yes, I too faced that dilemma. Whereas I pledge my faith to His infinite pastacity, I feel that He'd forgive me for finding such appeal in the idea that our world is naught but a snot bubble.

• 6 months later...