Memory Pill

brave_new_world

i understand the want of humans to create a pill that will increase the ability to memorize, but what i do not understand is that why would any one want to create a pill that will destroy memory. if suppose a memory is destroyed( if it can be destroyed) will it affect the brains functioning, i think it will. look at it this way- every memory has with it associated knowledge that a person gains from the experience of the event, if the event is erased from memory how will that knowledge be validated, how will the person know that what he has knowledge about is correct or not, will he still have that knowledge or will it still be of use to the individual. if a memory is destroyed what will happen to all the other emmories that are linked with it, and if each such memory is destroted will the person be left with any memory at all.

the way i see it is that memory is a synaptic link between neurons in the brain, if the memory has to be destroyed that synpase will have to be destroyed, so won't the other synapses which were created due to that "primary" synapse become useless as thje intial link will be lost and hence will not this whole process cause mental imbalance in the person

even if all this can be over come how will one go about destroying a particular memory because as of now we do not have any conclusive method of pinpointing the exact location of the seat of a memory :confused::confused:

• 1 month later...
Has anyone ever used such drugs as piracetam, hydergine, or vasopressin? Supposedly they can increase memory and clarity among other things.

So, has anyone ever used any of these drugs or have any knowledge of them? What about Selepryl (Cyprenil, Deprenel)?

I have read some pretty amazing things about these drugs. Anyone else?

Has anyone ever used such drugs as piracetam, hydergine, or vasopressin? Supposedly they can increase memory and clarity among other things.

Vasopressin is a hormone released during sex... maybe thats why we can always remember sexual moments :D

So maybe.. more sex = better memory?

I think that the information know about Selepryl (Cyprenil, Deprenyl) is pretty incredible. This drug apparently does wonders for those who need it, Parkinson's, Dementia and Alzheimer's patients. There is also much research done on it to suggest that may do a number of other things such as improve memory, antioxidant release, anxiety and depression control, life extension, etc. A simple google search will reveal abundant information.

I was wondering about this drug because my grandmother suffers from Dementia. Anyone here have any knowledge of this drug's benefits for disease control and life extension?

Thanks.

I think u all know that as neurons grow and generate via cell division only till 8 or 9 yrs of age and as one grows up the neurons start dieing. So the loss of memory is inevitable but hey here we hav a hope that atleats we can slow down the rate of decline of memory by just reminding the fact that "NO COMPUTER (EVEN THE FASTEST INTEL P4 EXTREME EDITION OR AMD ATHLON64 FX OR POWER PC) CAN EVER MATCH MY BRAIN" and that's indeed tru.

A computer didn't popped up with "E=mc^2" :D

Yeah this is tru as well that pills do slow down the rate of decay of neuron but this has no solid proofs as the effect might b due 2 cycological change in the state of mind as well.

AND I WANNA LIVE FREE FROM MEDICINE " SO BETTER USE PNEMONIC TECHNIQUES"

• 1 month later...
Guest pynki_26

hey guys several members of my fammily have used Selepril for a while and it's marvelous, it has done wonders for my aunt (parkingson) and grandmother (alzheimer) and i think it works too as an anti-depression. i cant say much about other brands but the one we buy Selepryl would be very recommended, try it out with your fammily, i buy it directly from the manufacturer and it's less expensive that if you buy it at pharmacie, hospital etc. mail me if you need te phone number to contact them.