Can wisdom teeth affect your speech at all?

The other day I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed (two and a half were still under the gums, and I noticed afterward that my speech seemed to be slightly improved. What I mean by this is that for a while now I noticed that I had some slight difficulty making the 'roo' sound within a word, for example, the word 'truth' ended up sounding more like simply 'true', but now I no longer seem to be having that 'problem' quite as much, at least I don't think I am. Is there any reason that my wisdom teeth would be affecting my pronunciation like that? Or am I just 'hearing things', as it were?

Sure, I can imagine it does. Anything in your mouth probably affect your speech in one way or another, your teeth should be no different. If they're growing the wrong way, it's even more likely removing them would make a change for the better.

As another example, I have a friend who's got a tongue piercing. And when she removes it, she starts lisping. In her case, it's the other way around - a foreign object in her mouth (and please don't go down the gutter with that one) allows her to speak better.