Why we like what we like

We like what we lack??

A very simplistic short version, but its the gist of what im trying to say.

Japanese, Chinese, Philippines people in general would like the opposite to have blue or green eyes, because the countries themselves have a population that generally lacks this feature. More so than populations that have a lot of light-eyed people.

Is this true?

Is this testable?

Can this possibly be appiled to other traits in general like height or even body type?

My anecdotal evidence, which is the strongest kind,lol, is when i went to Asia, i noticed so many of the girls liked guys with light eyes and skin. This can be explained by possibly cultural mores, and a host of other things unrelated to genes like society etc, but is it possible that there is a genetic basis for their seemingly greater attraction to light eyes?

Thank you for reading this,and have a good day :)

I think there is evidence for both nature and nurture concerning our likes and dislikes. Some things such as thirst are nature and others are more nurture. In many cases it is difficult to know why we like things

It depends on the person. Some people with "satisfaction" *(I don't know what's the right term) among themselves would like the same people with the same features like theirs. But some people may like others because its new in their eyes (like they were amazed because of different thing/people that are new). There are plenty of reasons why we like something and it depends on each individual.