What is the correct scientific research approach to the theory of everything?

univeral theory

Philosophy cannot really answer any questions like science can as the concepts cannot be tested against nature. Philosophy likes to ask questions rather than answer them smile.png

at this point you are making me loose track of what ever you have been discussing before. i prefer not to make philosophy the main concern of this thread. so please answer the questions i raised in post #24

at this point you are making me loose track of what ever you have been discussing before. i prefer not to make philosophy the main concern of this thread. so please answer the questions i raised in post #24

I am not well versed enough in metaphysics to really say what the implications of a TOE will be, and of course as we don't actually have a TOE at hand to discuss. However, I would expect a TOE to pose profound metaphysical questions about the nature of space and time, causality, determanism and the nature of matter. In the same sort of way that our existing theoreis of quantum mechanics and general relativity have.

Now as metaphysics is a branch of philisophy and doubt it will actually have any clear answers.

I ....... However, I would expect a TOE to pose profound metaphysical questions about the nature of space and time, causality, determanism and the nature of matter. In the same sort of way that our existing theoreis of quantum mechanics and general relativity have.

let me hope that; this does not rule out other POSSIBLE interpretations and calculations that are not on the same grounds with GR or QM interpretations and calculations, so as long as their possibilities do not violate the results of the phenomena predicted.

Edited by univeral theory

• 4 weeks later...

I think that even if we had a TOE, we might not even know it. That is why we need it at our convenience. My approach is to build a language acquiring program so we can just ask it questions and it will provide answers, but that will take input. In my opinion, Google is the closest thing we have to a TOE, which may be a strange assertion because it's not actually a theory.

• 4 months later...

build a huge earth sized computer designed to work out the ultimate question only to have it destroyed my the Vorgons to make way for a hyperspace bypass. That's the proper way to do it...

ahem.....

what about integrating conscious with consciousness. where;

Conscious is not confused with consciousness which refers to the influence of energy regulation and Conscious in this case is the framework of energy coordination up on which consciousness depends.

Though it is academically popular to refer to consciousness as the state of awareness, but I say that awareness is just one form of energy regulation and coordination. Other examples of energy regulation and coordination are motion, shape, growth, decay, deform, etc.

Edited by univeral theory