I'm sorry everyone

Popcorn Sutton

I'm going through a period of change right now and it's not easy for me. I've been crying uncontrollably for days now and im not sure if I will be able to participate in these forums any longer. Me and my parents are having a rough time and people are being blamed for things as is they should be held responsible. I don't believe in the freedom of will, but I do believe that crying helps make room for change so hopefully I will soon have the capacity to secure a fulfilling, independent, desirable, and satisfying lifestyle.

Changes are a part of life. And changes can be very desirable. However, don't be afraid to look back every once in a while, so see if the change has brought to you what it promised at the start.

On a side note, I am not sure that you can "become" a philosophical thinker in a short span of time. This may be something that you learn over the years. If you are aiming for change, make sure that it is a good compromise between ambitious and realistic.

I once had a period in my life when I was in depression. In a very heavy depression. I started to think about suicide. Those thoughts haunted me for months. For months I didn't think anything else except "Will I wake up after this sleep?". I have thought that this will never leave me, and that it will keep haunting me for the rest of my life.

I was so wrong. After those few months I was back to my old self without even noticing. One day it just hit me: I no longer have it. And now I'm happy and it's actually funny when I look back and think of it. (So glad I didn't kill myself :P )

So don't worry. Everything in life passes. The good stuff as well as the bad stuff. :)

• 1 month later...

I know that feel. When making change to yourself for the better, you're best operating like a good economy does; don't try to make sudden, short changes, make slow lasting changes that bring benefits long into the future (good progress is slow). Don't criticise yourself too much until you've picked yourself up and in a better position to handle self criticism again.

Not having a lot of money doesn't make you a loser man. Just do what you feel you've got to do in life, forget everyone and everything else for now.

Edited by Iota

Yay! Thanks dim. I'm so close to a ban right now that it's unsettling. One wrong move and I could be out of the game. I do want to start a new thread on computational cognition with a snippet of my code that is fun to speak with. Maybe I will soon.

• 3 weeks later...